...just an observation

Are you tired of all the negative comments posted throughout the board ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

BarleyJack

<font color=peach>And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you
***First of all, This is BarleyJack's BETTER HALF. Dont blame him for my opinions***

:grouphug:
I've been reading several posts on here, and frankly, I'm discouraged. We've been planning our trip for several months with an expectation of escaping reality. Each time I get on this board to read what BarleyJack is saying, so I can keep up with his excitement level :ssst: , I always run across some thread, posted by others, of complaints or animadversions on someone's conduct. I admit that I dont have the same passion as BarleyJack in all things Disney, but I'm very excited about this trip.:banana:

As I understand it, Disney is a place of acceptance and acquiescence :flower3: ...a breaking away from reality. :hippie: Frankly if I wanted to spend time listening to grumbles and complaints...I'd go to work. It makes me wonder if some people live to complain and must find something negative in everything. I feel sorry for these people. I wish them happiness. I also wonder what level of pessimism we'll encounter at WDW. I have to say this, I find that the gay and lesbian post are much less negative!!

Before someone cracks on my seemingly hypocritical statements, I realize that I'm complaining about complainers. :lmao: Heres to all of you :santa: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND I HOPE YOUR TRIP TO WDW IS SPECIAL...err MAGICAL !

And yes BarleyJack....I'm still very excited despite this post.: :yay:

:rainbow:

I would say 90% of people who go to WDW don't have problems, but complainers like to complain. People who have a problem with something/someone tend to be a LOT more vocal than anyone else, and often just want to be heard so will embelish, so I wouldn't take it too seriously. :thumbsup2

***First of all, This is BarleyJack's BETTER HALF. Dont blame him for my :ssst: , I always run across some thread, posted by others, of complaints or animadversions on someone's conduct. I admit that I dont have the same passion as BarleyJack in all things Disney, but I'm very excited about this trip.:banana:

As I understand it, Disney is a place of acceptance and acquiescence :flower3: ...a breaking away from reality. :hippie: Frankly if I wanted to spend time listening to grumbles and complaints...I'd go to work. It makes me wonder if some people live to complain and must find something negative in everything. I feel sorry for these people. I wish them happiness. I also wonder what level of pessimism we'll encounter at WDW. I have to say this, I find that the gay and lesbian post are much less negative!!

Before someone cracks on my seemingly hypocritical statements, I realize that I'm complaining about complainers. :lmao: Heres to all of you :santa: HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND I HOPE YOUR TRIP TO WDW IS SPECIAL...err MAGICAL !

And yes BarleyJack....I'm still very excited despite this post.: :yay:

:rainbow:

I think some people do just like to complain. i am surprised at some of the complaints I read about on the other boards. Sometimes its truly something to complain about but other times its so insignificant in the grand scheme.
anyway, the highlight in red above is one reason why I like hanging out with you all on this board. :)

For what it's worth - I just returned from 6 nights ... staying at All Star SPORTS during the dread Pop Warner week even ...

I had a wonderful stay.. I had no problems to speak of .. and my only complaint is that I was a little tired when it was all over with.

So there - there's one completely satisfied and happy customer! :)

Knox

Some folks will complain that the sun came up this morning!

Ignore them, plan your magical vacation, and stick with us over here on the GLBT area! :cool1:

For what it's worth - I just returned from 6 nights ... staying at All Star SPORTS during the dread Pop Warner week even ...

I had a wonderful stay.. I had no problems to speak of .. and my only complaint is that I was a little tired when it was all over with.

So there - there's one completely satisfied and happy customer! :)

Knox

And he was one of the ones kicked out for fighting!!!

J/k of course, Knox is a "good boy" :lmao:

I learned a long time ago that my survival depended on blocking out the negative comments of others. So much so, that as an adult people call me "Pollyanna". I voted "no" in the poll because I am always amazed at what upsets some people...and it is a great reminder to me that I am happy because I choose not to let the little things get to me.
This past trip, DD and ran into a lot of complications-late flights, missed flights, broken Ipod :-)scared1: ) and a wet suitcase to name a few. It didn't stop us from loving our trip not even for a second....
So...let other people complain..I'll remain a happy optimist!

I voted no because you just need to balance all the info. There are some great critical reviews of things at WDW by some honest people who know how to communicate. You know when you read a reviw where they had a stain on the carpet and they didn't get towel animals and the housekkeping was grumpy and the check in was long and the food court was to far, and to full and no good that you can mostly discount that review because they probably are very hard to please. Then there are the ones who "will never go back" becaus a couple of things happned. They may have found the resort or restaurant beautiful, stimulating, fun and the food good but because the waiter forgot them they will never go back. I would not include that in my consideration of a review.
It is tough to go on a WDW vacation and spend money and have things go wrong but you can make or break the vacation with how you handle it. That comes thorugh in peoples reviews and complaints.

I voted 'no' mostly because I stop reading if I'm finding a post or thread irritating.

I'll admit that I get caught by some of them, but I keep getting better at walking away.

I find that I appreciate the honest critical reviews that tell me what worked and what didn't work. They aren't very useful by themselves. But, when the writer gives me a good sense of who they (and their party) are then I can connect the dots to:
- this person has similar food interests to me and liked restaurant X, therefore I likely will; OR
- this person has very different tastes than I do and disliked restaurant Y, therefore I may like Y.

Have a magical vacation and thanks for the nice compliment to those of us who hang out around here.

I completely agree.

I also feel that some (er, a lot?) of people on DIS are very "un-Disney-like." I honestly sometimes don't get why they (generally-speaking) like Disney when they are so friggin' rude themselves.

Half the time, I'm afraid to post a topic with a question or comment for fear of getting attacked!

I honestly sometimes don't get why they (generally-speaking) like Disney when they are so friggin' rude themselves.
oh yes, I agree with this, sometimes I read things and am like this :confused3

oh and speaking of rude disney loving people, I experienced this in person!!! at disney!
I was pushed, squeezed past, run over with strollers so many times, I told hubby if one more person pushes me thats IT!!!! LOL

oh and when we were at MGM I got Yelled at!!! I saw on the time schedule about lightning mcqueen coming at 4:15, so we had just come off tower of terror and hubby and dd were going back on rockin roller coaster which ds is too little for so we decided to walk over to see lightning.
we get there and the line is soo long, and its closed! yikes, ok I didn't know people line up for this stuff and hour prior! So the nice CM says oh just go up front and you can watch and see lightning and you will be able to snap pics from there.
so ok, we were happy to do that, so ds and I walked up to the front where the cones were and the line was to our left, lighning and mater were right in front of us.
well ds was looking and watching, and i snapped a few pics of him with the Cars in the background, he kept saying " but those kids are going up why can't I"
I explained the line closed and we couldn't do it, but we could just stay put til lighning left and watch him, so anyway in his little 4 yo mind I guess he just didn't get it! and I can't say I blame him! LOL
so I turned my head for a second and he saw his opportunity in between people coming and going and he ran up and touched lightning, I turned just in time and motioned him back to me and the CM did too.
I have to admit I snapped a quick pic, but it all happend in a matter of seconds...............literally 5 seconds tops............my ds is QUICK!
anyway a lady in the line SCREAMED at me.......and I mean screamed like a furious person......." you have to wait in line like us"
I was like this :scared1: ( i am not used to strangers screaming at me!)
so anyway by this time ds is back with me.........and we are still happily checking out lightning. I just ignored the woman.
but I mean really did she have to scream at me in a viscous tone of voice? no , it was obvious what happened, I mean geez..........these are children. It happens, they are unpredictable.
so now the joke here is how my ds is a scofflaw at disney!

anyway a lady in the line SCREAMED at me.......and I mean screamed like a furious person......." you have to wait in line like us"
I was like this :scared1: ( i am not used to strangers screaming at me!)

That's horrible! What is she teaching her child? I dread the stroller thing too...

oh and speaking of rude disney loving people, I experienced this in person!!! at disney!
I was pushed, squeezed past, run over with strollers so many times, I told hubby if one more person pushes me thats IT!!!! LOL

I know what you mean--there seems to be a LOT of this at disney!

I get really irritated at the people who squeeze past my DW's w/c after we are already in the queue. I mean, a queue is so named for a reason--you're now supposed to wait your turn!!!

One of our most interesting run-ins with this during our past trip was a woman who'd started out behind my right shoulder as the CMs were walking the line back. She managed to get around me and cut us off--she only avoided getting slammed into by my DW (in the w/c) because I noticed what she was doing and was able to stop fast--but then she stepped directly in front of the person to my left who was pushing a stroller. Given her approach, this person had been completely unable to see her until she was about half an inch in front of the moving stroller. So, of course, she got hit. She then proceeded to yell at the person who was pushing the stroller for several minutes. If you are going to push around people and cut them off you have to expect that they won't always be able to anticipate your actions and might run into you. Oh well....

I voted "No" because, even if I personally think that some of the posts can be petty and negative, I feel that everyone should have the right to express their experience.

For what it's worth, I just got back last night from my first visit to WDW. I had a wonderful time. Even my tightwad partner has told several of our friends that it was "worth every penny".

The crowds seemed very manageable. I can't remember encountering into any rude guests. Even with the long wait for the bus after Illuminations, everyone in line was chatting and joking around. Lines were minimal for most rides.

Most CMs were very friendly. I had a "First Visit" badge and many CMs asked if I was enjoying my visit.

I loved the Port Orleans resort. It was beautifully themed and very quiet. I arrived at 6:00 am and, not only was I allowed to check-in early, my room was ready.

However, I tend to be oblivious when I'm in a Disney park so I don't notice anything unpleasant unless it's right in front of me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter