• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back 10/20-6 Adults and too many meals!!

sandys

Earning My Ears
First of all, no photos (could not convince anyone to take them). Second, you will not hear "to die for" or "best ever". We are foodies, live in a large Metro area with lots a great dining, travel extensively and we are fairly critical.
That being said, we had some really great meals! I was skeptical at best and I've taken the reviews I've read here with "a grain of salt". We were on the Dining Plan and we loved it! I laughed when I read about people complaining about too much food-well , we didn't complain but boy, there was alot of food.
We used the snack credits and the F&W and the 3 younger adults used the counter services for lunches. The "oldsters" were too full from dinner to have many of the counter services.
Here is where we ate and what we thought ;)

First night Kona
Mai Tai's all around-let the vacation begin!!
2 crab cakes
3 wings
1 salad-no strawberries but Asian Pear-excellent
2 Mahis
2 filets
1 Coconut Chicken
1 Beef Teriyaki
We each had a different desert.
We loved everything and we were so surprised how really good it all was.
The service was excellent.
Our bill was split, 4 at bthe Beach Club Villas, 2 at AKL. The bill for the 4 was $188-more than paying for the plan.
Night 2
Boma
Pleasantly suprised again!
The soups all got raves-crab, squash, pepper pot.
We enjoyed all the salads and sides, especially the curried green beans. Only
2 people even tried the meats-the beef and a lamb dish. Everyone was satisfied with the veggies and grains and didn't even need to try the meats.
We tried all the deserts-a banana cake was very good and the zebra domes were tasty.
We especially loved the white wine flight. The coffee was excellent. Fine service.
One of the group was under the weather and went back to the hotel early. We took him back a dinner from Mara. Roasted chicken with couscous and veggies and a box of zebra domes and little chocolate bonbons. He declared it very tasty.
Night 3
Le Cellier
After reading lots of reviews I was hoping for the best and we were not dissapointed. I was a superior meal.
Our service was not the best but the staff seemed overwhelmed.
1 shrimp
1 mussell
1 salmon timble
1 beef kabob
2 cheddar soups
Everything was pronounced delicious!
We had 3 mushroom and 3 Barbque filets and a side of creamed spinich. The beef was tender, flavorful and cooked as requested.
For desert, 3 Whiskey cakes (2 went right back to the villa fridge) a creme brulee and a adult s'mores. All delicious!
We were all thrilled with this meal :love:
I will add the other days and F&W and counter service after I do some laundry-back to the real world :sad2:

Love your "to the point" reviews!!! So glad you enjoyed KONA and LeCellier, they're going to be firsts for us next month.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Wine flight?? I don't remember that, could you give some details?

TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter