Just back 6/17-24. We got upgraded!!

threeboyzdad

Mouseketeer
Our family of 5 just returned from another magical trip. This time...we saved up for our first stay at Contemporary (formerly have stayed at Pop and CBR). We were so excited to be able to walk into MK. We booked garden wing bc there is a significant price difference from the tower and the walk is minimal. We arrived on check in day at 11 am and we surprised as Family of the Day!!! We were upgraded to the tower!! I have always heard of upgrades and never dreamed it would happen to us. So exciting! Our room was ready within an hour. We loved the room size and we had a view of the pool and lake. We loved everything about CR and the walk into MK is priceless!!! We are hooked and probably won't stay anywhere else...seriously...the walk and monorail service has us sold since our other stays have relied solely on bus service.

Other thoughts:

-our bus service to AK and HS was great. Much better in terms of how often they ran compared to other resort stays
-the weather caused us stress pre-trip bc FL had been getting so much rain....but it was awesome! Overcast days kept temps down and it only rained twice briefly the whole trip!
-FOP is just as awesome as everyone says. Really. Best ride ever! We had FP. Wish we could have rode twice.
-Crowd levels seemed lower than usual (we always go this week)
-New for us was FEA and new Soarin movie. We thought both were well done! Love new Soarin!
-Rivers of lights is impressive as is the Star Wars Fireworks!
- somewhat controversial....our first time at Via Napoli and my family doesn't get what all the hype is about. We weren't super impressed.

Let me know if you have any questions! We can't wait to return!

Awesome upgrade! Congrats and so glad you had a great time!! Also don't get the hype about Via Napoli....but could be because we are in NYC and used to great pizza.

Congratulations on your upgrade and being named Family of the Day! Love to read about such a happy trip!

FWIW, I won't even try Via Napoli. I have access to awesome pizza at home so I can't see dealing with the hassle of an ADR.

We were there early June and had Via Napoli for the first time. We were underwhelmed as well. It was just fine.

Also about to stay at CR for the first time in a couple of weeks on a last minute couple trip. We're pumped. Great to hear a very positive review of the resort. We expect to love it.

Congrats on an awesome trip!! Thanks for sharing.

Congrats on the upgrade! We don't love Via Napoli either. Hoping the crowds are low in July as well. I won't be upset by the shorter hours if I can get everything done in the AM before we completely melt for the day.

Our family of 5 just returned from another magical trip. This time...we saved up for our first stay at Contemporary (formerly have stayed at Pop and CBR). We were so excited to be able to walk into MK. We booked garden wing bc there is a significant price difference from the tower and the walk is minimal. We arrived on check in day at 11 am and we surprised as Family of the Day!!! We were upgraded to the tower!! I have always heard of upgrades and never dreamed it would happen to us. So exciting! Our room was ready within an hour. We loved the room size and we had a view of the pool and lake. We loved everything about CR and the walk into MK is priceless!!! We are hooked and probably won't stay anywhere else...seriously...the walk and monorail service has us sold since our other stays have relied solely on bus service.

Other thoughts:

-our bus service to AK and HS was great. Much better in terms of how often they ran compared to other resort stays
-the weather caused us stress pre-trip bc FL had been getting so much rain....but it was awesome! Overcast days kept temps down and it only rained twice briefly the whole trip!
-FOP is just as awesome as everyone says. Really. Best ride ever! We had FP. Wish we could have rode twice.
-New for us was FEA and new Soarin movie. We thought both were well done! Love new Soarin!
- somewhat controversial....our first time at Via Napoli and my family doesn't get what all the hype is about. We weren't super impressed.

CR is my DH's favorite resort and we are splurging on a TPV next summer... we are hooked to Deluxe now as well! LOL! I agree with Via Napoli-- we tried it once and won't be a repeat for us.

Would love to book a CR stay some day. DBF is staying there in October, he upgraded from All Star Sports--said what the heck, he doesn't get to Disney often (lol last time he was there it was only MK :rolleyes1). So he's buying the trip for him and his mom, for some together time :flower1: Great to hear about the OP's upgrade and positive review of things. These are the threads I should stick to prior to my own trip, at only 40 days out lol pixiedust:

Our stay was similar to yours, June 14-22nd. Congrats on the upgrade, that's great!

We had a less than stellar experience at Via Napoli this trip, which was a bummer as our last years experience was really good.

That's super cool about Disney providing for a "Family of The Day". (I presume it's a daily event) I wonder if they selected your family because you were the most Disneyesque.

Other thoughts:

That's so cool!!! Great to hear you had such a great trip!

I completely agree with you on Via Napoli...we also don't get it. Last trip we booked two ADRs there for the first time because it's so loved. After our first dinner we canceled our second ADR and booked a second San Angel Inn instead. Now that's being controversial :cool1:

Congrats on the upgrade!! That's great news about the weather-I am stressing as well, because we are going the 28th-5th...staying at the Poly. We are native NY'ers (upstate) currently living in AR, and oh my! What I wouldn't give for a great slice of pizza! We have our ponchos at the ready...lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter