Just back and holy wah did someone get over served!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Food and WINE is an adult event. And Disney makes big bucks on it so it isn't going anywhere and, in fact, is growing to be year round now with Art Fest and Flower and Garden Fest and Holiday Fest...and F&W Fest getting longer each year.
We can finally order alcohol in MK restaurants, too. The only change made to alcohol availability in WDW is that it will continue to increase. Bottoms up! :drinking1

Honestly 95% of the things people complain about during F&W on these boards are just petty to me.
Talking loudly, laughing loudly, walking funny, stumbling- those things are funny to me. Once in a great few i will read something that I can see being a bit much. For most of it I would walk by thinking "good for them having a good time" probably while laughing. To me it's usually Nothing to get upset about. Unless someone is in my personal space trying to assault me while drunk it doesn't even cross my radar. I'm doing F&W next year with DD12. I'll have to see what all the hoopla is about.

Honestly 95% of the things people complain about during F&W on these boards are just petty to me.
Talking loudly, laughing loudly, walking funny, stumbling- those things are funny to me. Once in a great few i will read something that I can see being a bit much. For most of it I would walk by thinking "good for them having a good time" probably while laughing. To me it's usually Nothing to get upset about. Unless someone is in my personal space trying to assault me while drunk it doesn't even cross my radar. I'm doing F&W next year with DD12. I'll have to see what all the hoopla is about.

We are going next year for the first time, too. I guess this kind of behavior isn't a big deal to me, but I tend to completely ignore people other than my own group when I am in crowds. It keeps me sane.

We are going next year for the first time, too. I guess this kind of behavior isn't a big deal to me, but I tend to completely ignore people other than my own group when I am in crowds. It keeps me sane.

That's how I feel. I've never seen line cutters or people trying to abuse fast pass. When at WDW I'm just in my own little world.

And I wanted to say we have friends who did Mardi Gras. They said it was insane but so much fun. They've gone back since but said they won't do Mardi Gras again. They said it was good for a once in a lifetime experience but they rather go during different times of the year due to cost and crowds on bourbon street.

We are planning on going soon. Either couples trip or a girls trip. We've decided the guys can't go alone because they may never make it back. Lol

Disney doesn't crack down on how much alcohol is being consumed because each drink is around $10. That's a lot of profit Disney would be losing. This is why they started serving alcohol in their other parks. $$$$$$

That's how I feel. I've never seen line cutters or people trying to abuse fast pass. When at WDW I'm just in my own little world.

And I wanted to say we have friends who did Mardi Gras. They said it was insane but so much fun. They've gone back since but said they won't do Mardi Gras again. They said it was good for a once in a lifetime experience but they rather go during different times of the year due to cost and crowds on bourbon street.

We are planning on going soon. Either couples trip or a girls trip. We've decided the guys can't go alone because they may never make it back. Lol

Mardi Gras is a blast and I think everyone should experience it at least once. It's our culture down here. Now that I have a child we enjoy it in the family friendly parts of the city. We never have issues there. I haven't been to Bourbon St around Mardi Gras in years.

It's not just F&W where folks should not be served when they are obviously drunk.

I saw it at Trader Sams. Including my own husband who wouldn't stop ordering even after I'd asked him not to drink more and then asked for the check and went to the rest room. Came back to him with a new beer. Server did that 3 times - I'd say enough no more drinks, asked for the check and she'd ignore me. It was strange and frustrating.

I had a few words with the server after the 3rd time who told me that she knew I was sober so he'd be fine. I told her not if he passed out on the way to the room because I was leaving his butt where he fell.

So then she apologized. She should have stopped serving us and brought the check when I first asked for it. I should have asked for a manager after the first time. If it ever happens again, I know I will be.

I think he's learned his lesson though - he could barely walk and was so sick that night and the next morning. Served him right.

1. I was clearly joking.

2. Mardi Gras is a FAMILY event. It's huge and happens in many areas of the city, not just Bourbon St.
Yep! Lived here my whole life & have never been to Bourbon during Mardi Gras (nor will I ever). Have always gone with my family first as a child & now with my own.

We were at Epcot in our first trip with our kids in 2014. We didn’t really know what F&W was. We went to Epcot during the week and it was awesome! We went back on a Saturday night and had to get out of dodge. There were so many 21st birthdays, bachelor, and bachelorette parties that were super rowdy, throwing up, cursing, staggering into things- you name it.
While I’m totally not against a night of debauchery, I prefer not to have my 2 and 4 year old witness that kind of behavior for many many many years. I felt like there should have been some sort of warning. Luckily, MK was a nice place to retreat to:)

We'll be avoiding Epcot on the F&W weekends on our upcoming trip, although, some of our worst experiences have been at Magic Kingdom. Very rude, inconsiderate and entitled guests roam that park as well, and they're sober. IMO, Epcot during the week and/or without F&W is a much more pleasant guest experience than MK.

Disney doesn't crack down on how much alcohol is being consumed because each drink is around $10. That's a lot of profit Disney would be losing. This is why they started serving alcohol in their other parks. $$$$$$
Eh have you been to Universal? The Simpsons area def had a lot of beer drinkers and so did Harry Potter and it's not cheap either to get alcohol there.

ETA: I'm sure it's about the $ but it's also about looking toward their competition and seeing what they do and if that in some way will work for them. It was refreshing to get an alcoholic beverage at AK in the Nomad Louge and a beer flight sampling some of what beers are made in Florida..while I was in Florida..before Illuminations at Epcot and it was just as nice to sit back and enjoy the atmosphere in Hogsmeade (Harry Potter) with a beer at Universal. And the areas where you could get alcohol in the Simpsons area were very busy despite the crowds being very low in part due to the hurricane.

Last edited:
Mardi Gras is a blast and I think everyone should experience it at least once. It's our culture down here. Now that I have a child we enjoy it in the family friendly parts of the city. We never have issues there. I haven't been to Bourbon St around Mardi Gras in years.

Mardi Gras was the best time ever! Bourbon during Mardi Gras was awful however. And since I'm not a local, I didn't realize just how family friendly Mardi Gras is. All the ladders set up to reserve spaces for kids and whatnot. I loved it!

I have worked in restaurants before and always had to take alcohol training courses. I know that restaurants and other facilities can be held liable for over serving people. Is that not the case in Florida?

Florida actuallly has one of the most favorable dram shop (liquor liability) statutes in the US. An establishment can be held legally liable for injury or damages only if the bar served a minor or a habitual drunkard. Proving a server knew or should have known a patron is a "habitual drunkard" is extremely difficult to prove. (Think Norm from Cheers.). It is my understanding Disney had and continues to have a big influence in the current statute for obvious reasons making them pretty much protected legally. Court of public opinion is a diffetent subject but alcohol is a huge money maker so they have little incentive to take a hard line with drunken conduct. EPCOT is not hurting for guests during F&W. It is always crazy crowded every year for us. I have witnessed many "happy" people, perhaps a bit boisterous but I like when people are having a good time. It would not be pleasant witnessing someone getting sick but it would not define my experience. Last year we sent the older teenagers back to the hotel with the 5 year old twins in our group at 5 pm, in part because of the crowds and potential for behavior we did not want them to see.

I
We'll be avoiding Epcot on the F&W weekends on our upcoming trip, although, some of our worst experiences have been at Magic Kingdom. Very rude, inconsiderate and entitled guests roam that park as well, and they're sober. IMO, Epcot during the week and/or without F&W is a much more pleasant guest experience than MK.
No! You should go! Like I posted earlier, out if thousands, we only encountered 1 obnoxious drunk and he was dropping the F bomb. We do not look or listen for problems but this one guy..... people from 100 yards away could hear him. You always have that one guy. My kids loved it and so did me and my wife. It’s a must do on my list.

I

No! You should go! Like I posted earlier, out if thousands, we only encountered 1 obnoxious drunk and he was dropping the F bomb. We do not look or listen for problems but this one guy..... people from 100 yards away could hear him. You always have that one guy. My kids loved it and so did me and my wife. It’s a must do on my list.

Oh we'll definitely be doing it but we just didn't schedule it for Friday and Saturday evening. It's not just about a drunk or two but more about the crowds. Since we're staying at BWV the last leg of our trip, I have at least 4 days out of 10 days planned for F&W this trip.

Oh we'll definitely be doing it but we just didn't schedule it for Friday and Saturday evening. It's not just about a drunk or two but more about the crowds. Since we're staying at BWV the last leg of our trip, I have at least 4 days out of 10 days planned for F&W this trip.
Yeah, Saturday night was crazy. We used quick serve meal credits to get 3 items at a time and I ate way too much to the point I wanted to go lay down lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter