Just back from 11 days...this is what we spent

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
We just returned from 11 days in WDW. We were only staying 10, but with the terrorist events, we decided to stay 1 extra day so the airport would not be as bad. Before we left, i read a lot that some of you were wondering the costs for food and such, so I thought i would just list what we spent. Here goes:

Airfare: Phoenix, AZ to Orlando: $740(We also received $236 in vouchers for next years trip)

Rooms: GF 3 nights:$663, WL 4 nights:$745.92, BWV 1 Bedroom 2 nights:$320(Rented points from a DVC member, we may join it now), AKL 1 night:$149(This was last minute stay we had not originally planned on until we decided to stay the extra day) Total Rooms:$1877.92

This trip we bought Premium Annual Passes so as long as we come next year before they expire, addmission will be free. We used the Disney Club Card discount. 3 adults(1 child age 10) and 1 child(age 8): $1832.85

Spending Money: $2186.93-This included all money spent at WDW. This included snacks, souviners, transportation, all food, and various tips to bellmen.

Some of the places we ate at included:
1900 Park Fare-Dinner
Cosmic Rays-MK-Lunch
Pizza Planet-MGM-Lunch
Rose & Crown-Epcot-Dinner
Gasparilla Grill-GF-Lunch & Snacks
Chef Mickeys-Cont-Dinner
Flametree Grill-AK-Lunch
Rainforest Cafe-DD-Dinner
Ghiradelli-DD
Liberty Inn-Epcot-Lunch
Whispering Canyon-WL-Dinner
Roaring Fork-WL-Bkft and Snacks
House of Blues-DD-Dinner
Neverland Club-Poly-Child Care
Main St. Bakery-MK
Sci-Fi Drive In-MGM-Lunch
Wolfgang Puck Express-DD-Dinner
Mama Melrose-MGM-Dinner
Boardwalk Bakery
Beaches & Cream-BC-Snacks
Casey's Corner-MK-Lunch
Hollywood & Vine-MGM-Dinner
Mara-AKL-Lunch
Wolfgang Puck-DD-Dinner
Beavertails-Epcot
The Writer's Stop-MGM-Bkft
Coral Reef-Epcot-Lunch

Also paid for Tiffany Towncar, Luggage transfers from each hotel(tips), dinner tips, and various shirts, jackets,magnets,and other toys we bought for the kids.

Looks like total spent is $6637.70 for EVERYTHING!

I hope the food list helps you in when planning any meals. Wherever possible, i have all the dinner receipts, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

I think it was worth every penny, and we are already counting down the days until we return, maybe sooner since we have the annual passes now!!

We're going in Oct-Nov (our semi annual trip). We are DVCrs so room is paid for. We have 1 (5yo) boy and we spent around $3800 each trip. That includes airfare ($93/pp x 3), 3 Aps with Disney Club discount and food (PS's every night and two CBs and one night out - hire sitter).

That's what paradise costs.....

Originally posted by Disneyfun1

Before we left, i read a lot about what it costs for food and such, so I thought i would just list what we spent.

I have never fully calculated the cost of our trips, and do not wish to do so....but found your thread very interesting. I think if I thought and recorded every penny I spent...it would remove some of the magic for us. I have a "ballpark" figure, and calculate ahead of time using resort ressies, tickets, car rentals and other costs. We stay 5-6 weeks in "Disney" every summer. This year, (2 adults, one DD) we flew First Class Delta...(W/FF Mile upgrades--still too much to mention)...we've been able to do this every year for the past 6 out of ten years of consecutive trips. We stayed in a Kids suite in the Portofino Bay Hotel for 2 eves, ($650.00 w/discount), One eve in the Orlando Peabody (w/duck march!) special rate $199, Ten nights at Disney Vero Beach Resort in a 1 BR villa (even w/discount--you can imagine cost)--no we are not yet DVC members! We jockeyed over to the WDW Resorts for the next three and a half weeks...staying at the BC for five nights, and the Dolphin in an Exec. 2-room suite for the remainder. We rent a Fridge in the suites, and order RS. We rent cars from home to LAX, MCO for two weeks in an Expedition ($1500), and rent cars to visit Sea World, etc. We rent to return to MCO, and from LAX to home. We Dine out in the Park restaurants for every meal, and enjoy our experience immensely! We buy what we like/desire, and have FUN. We also buy Prem. Annual Passports...and save on the return trips with these. We are NOT Wealthy...but finance the sojourns w/precision. I agree with Laurajean1014--such is the cost of PARADISE! If you go...have a "splendid" time. Leave the Bologna-sandwich mentality at home...Free yourself! Remember..."PLAY IS VERY SERIOUS WORK"! I work diligently all year, so I can enjoy/spend/RELAX at Disney! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Thanks for posting Disneyfun1--with your vouchers and APs you're all set for the next one!

Here is plan B for mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, uncle Brian, 5 y/o and 3y/o.....3 bedroom 3 bath condo for 7days at Island club........$550.00, regular passes, for 5 days, AP's for grandpa and grandma.........cheap airfare )170 RT, one meal a day at Disney....mostly buffets with characters, one meal at Golden Corral, about 4000.00 total.....condo makes a big difference

WOW dreamflight99 - 5-6 weeks at Disney? Every summer? I wish my family would go for that long!!! They can't even handle 7 nights without wanting to go home...unfortunately! :( I am the only person in my family who loves Disney (family meaning mom, dad, and sister still living at home - my brother and his fiancee love Disney too!) This is why I have vowed that when I am living on my own I will be saving my money to go every year!

I LIVE for Summer...And Vacation at Disney!! You are so sweet...I'm sorry you are surrounded by the naysayers...stuck in the forbes of "reality"! My main motto is: "PLAY...IS VERY SERIOUS WORK"!! I have been Sojourning at Disney for the 5+weeks since our daughter was 3....she just turned 14!
She loves it...we keep trying to deviate and go to Europe...etc., but NO--she won't do it! She opts for WDW every time. I have already planned our summer trip for 2002...which includes:
Disney's Vero Beach Resort (4 eves), The Peabody (1 night...my daughter LOVES ducks), The Portofino Bay Hotel @ U. Studios (3 nights), 7-NIGHTS on the MAGIC WESTERN CARRIBEAN CRUISE! In a catagory 6 stateroom w/veranda, and then...saving the best for last...25 nights in a two room exec. suite at the WDW Dolphin! I am able to fly first class again, due to those heavenly Skymiles through Delta. Last weekend, we spent two eves in San Diego, at the Westin Horton Plaza. We had a great time at Sea World! This weekend, we'll be at the U. Sheraton Resort--and visiting Universal Studios hollywood. We do these things every year! In October...it's Pismo/Shell beach...in November, it's DL and the new resorts...in December, it's Knott's Berry Farm/Santa's Village, and the Lake Arrowhead Resort--finishing it off with the St. Francis Westin on Union Square in San Francisco just before the 25th!
Hold onto the dreams and desires you have...work towards the "Play" days! If you can see it--you can achieve it. My DH never tires of WDW...or the traveling, and neither does my DD! You are in my heart...keep the magic alive!

Aww! Thanks SO much dreamflight99. The next trip I am currently planning is 3 years away! lol - when I turn 18, as a high school graduation present to myself. We will see if I can convince my parents to let me come back to WDW sooner. Luckily I live so close to DL I can have an annual pass and go there a lot, but it still isn't the same! This is sorta getting off topic here lol - but thanks for the support!!

BTW - tell your daughter that Europe is LOTS of fun too! I went to France and Spain a few summers ago, and had an amazing time.

Thanks for the advice for my DD, she is interested in going to Europe, and is taking French in school (she speaks it all the time, even answers me in French! Je Parle Francais aussi!). Her school is taking two Euro trips this spring, one to Ireland, and one to Paris. If she wants to go, she will go! I must agree with you on the DL thing..."it just isn't the same"! Keep trying...three years is too long to wait to return to the "kingdom"! :sunny: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter