Just back from 6 nights at CBR!

K

kellymouse

I just returned from a six night stay at CBR! Our trip was awesome! I will go over a few things that didn't go right, but really overall it was great just being there!

1. I have gone every May for 3 years straight, and this time it was very crowded and extremely humid! Usually it is not crowded during the beginning of May at all. Bring a hat for the bad hair days from the humidity!

2. I got bit by something laying on my hammock at CBR one night. I don't know what it was that bit me, but it is not pretty. Not to mention 20 mosquito bites! Ouch! Bring repellent and something to stop the itching!

3. Test Track stopped during our ride and we had to sit in our car for about 15-20 minutes. Spaceship Earth also stopped while we were on it. We waited 2 seperate times in a long line for Dinosaur, only to have that break 2 different times, and then it was closed the rest of the day.

4. My favorite little Mexican restaurant was closed for no given reason in Magic Kingdom. We checked 2 different days and it just said it was closed and to go to Peco Bills.

5. I have never had problems with my feet before at DW. Bring at least 2 different types of shoes, sandals and tennis shoes, and don't forget band-aids and neosporin!

6. They didn't leave us our itemized check list on our door at checkout. I had to go stand in line and wait for it and almost miss our plane!

7. I would also recommend wipes to clean your hands since its hard to always go wash your hands.

Any questions I would be glad to try and answer them!

Hi Kellymouse!!

Welcome back! I have a few questions for you...I was wondering what village you stayed in at CBR and how you liked it? I requested Aruba--I hope it is a good choice! Also, how was the bus transportation if you used it? I know it can be hit or miss there. My last question is the lake. I stayed there along time ago and I forgot how big it is. Is it large enough to really get a mouse boat going? The one at CSR was so tiny! Thanks for the bug spray tip!

--Maren :earsgirl:

I too love CBR. I was there last May, mid month, and it was moderately crowded. But very warm & humid. Tell me how you liked the new foodcourt. Did you eat at the new resturant? I'm planning on going back in Oct. I hope the humidity is down then.

The only thing I didn't like there is the back entrance to OPR. I didn't like walking thru the store to get to foodcourt. Then passing thru the store with my food if I wanted to eat outside.

The lake is not large enough to get up some speed. It is more for the scenic tour. You still have to walk through part of the store area but it is different since the refurbishment.

Aruba is a great place to stay. I am here at CBR right now. You will love the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter