Just back from Aventura 11/9-11/13, 2018

G719

DIS Veteran
I wanted to give a review and information about our stay. Hopefully, it can help someone planning a trip!

We stayed at Aventura 11/9-11/13 in a kid suite. We booked the stay more, save more discount plus had a $50 resort credit with the promo for the new hotel. We actually got upgraded to the skyline suite and were on the 16th floor.

We booked Tony Hinds and he is as awesome as everyone said he is. He texted me as we were waiting to board to let him know when we landed. I did that and we found him waiting for us at baggage claim. He said he was at home when I texted him and made it to baggage claim before us. He offered to stop if we needed anything but I had a grocery order coming so we declined. Tony got us to Aventura safe and sound. I would not hesitate to hire him again and may even choose Tony over magical express for Disney trips.

Aventura was a quick check in and the front desk was friendly and showed us the quick shortcut to Volcano bay. You go out the gate by the hot tub and you're steps away from the security check point.

We enjoyed many things about the hotel. We ate from the pizza, burger, and Mexican grill stations at the urban pantry. We liked everything we got. The gelato is good too. Housekeeping was done early so we appreciated that. We swam at the pool on ur way back from volcano bay. I thought the pool area was very relaxed and the water was warm too. Nice place to chill out. We went up to the rooftop one evening and we could see disney fireworks off in the distance. That was cool. We didn't do any food or drinks from the bar though. The hotel is small which is good as it doesn't take long to get around. Our room was at the end of the hallway which even isn't that far from the elevator.

Our room was the kid suite and it was perfect for our group. My kids don't like to share a bed so when we can get a suite at a decent price we get it. There wasn't much storage for suitcases and stuff. The room we moved to at Disney was at the yacht club and it was great being able to put suitcases under the bed. Decor isn't really important to me so the bare design didn't bother me. The view from the 16th floor is all we found ourselves looking at anyway. The room has a fridge and there is a microwave in the food court to use.

We used Insta cart from publix to get groceries and we weren't sure if bell services would take the delivery so we picked a time that we knew we could meet the person to take the groceries. It worked out fine. If you use the app, you will get notifications on your phone when the person is shopping. They may ask you to approve a substitution and you can track the delivery person while they are enroute to your hotel.

Getting to the parks you could walk or use the bus. We walked to Volcano bay. We didn't walk to city walk as we weren't really sure where to get on the path at. I did not enjoy the park bus. I felt like it took a long time to go a short distance. The bus driver we had the first day played on his phone when we sat at the stoplights! Plus he honked at everyone as he was pulling in to park and let us off. On the way back, we decided to try the boat to sapphire falls and then walk over. This was much faster and more enjoyable than the bus. When we checked in, I did hear the front desk telling another guest that the boat was really for just sapphire falls. He was kind of trying to discourage them from using their boat but not outright saying they couldn't use it. The times we took the boat, it wasn't crowded and they didn't ask where anyone was staying.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Aventura. I wish we had done 1 night at one of the express pass hotels as the weekend was crowded at the main parks. Volcano bay was not crowded at all. We would go over around 2 and we didn't have to use the tapu at all. Everything was ride now. It was hot enough while we were to really enough it.

Thanks to everyone on here for all the tips!

Hi you're welcome for the tips. Believe me we all enjoy doing it. I am glad you enjoyed mostly everything but the buses. We have stayed at Cabana Bay and use the buses there and had a very good experience. We did once use the boat from SF to City Walk.

I have heard mixed reviews on Adventura, I like to to try and judge for myself. The one thing that would maybe have me choose another resort is I am into the theme. Otherwise it looks like a nice reasonable place to stay.

I love the express pass and make sure we at least do one day at a deluxe to get it. You get very spoiled with it.

We use Tony every time and enjoy his company. My DH and I will use him for anytime we are in Florida. Glad you had a good experience.

I hear you, I have two teens traveling with us and we love the privacy. We are always looking for some type of suite.

Thanks for posting:-)

Thanks for the review! We're staying at Aventura on an adults-only trip in a few months. Can't wait!

Age 7 worked good for me

They were able to last from early morning until after the parks closed

My wife and I stayed at The Adventura from November 27-December 4 and received a $100 food credit which was a promo when we booked back in August.

It was unseasonably cool and windy the first few days and Volcano Bay was closed Tues-Wed-Thurs of that week, finally reopening on Friday.

We enjoyed the more adult vibe of the hotel, but there were plenty of families with kids there as well. Everything at the four food stations at Urban Pantry was pretty good, but kind of pricey as expected. The $100 food credit disappeared fairly quickly. The bar on the 17th floor had a great view and some unique food offerings.

We had a deluxe room on the 15th floor at the end of one of the wings. Due to the curve of the exterior walls and the room wrapping around the emergency fire stairs, the beds were perpendicular to each other. And storage space was limited. The I-pad controls for the TV/lights/etc. worked well but we discovered one quirk: The vestibule light had to be on in order for the light above the sink to work. We had an expansive view that stretched from downtown Orlando to Volcano Bay/Cabana Bay, but unfortunately not the theme parks.

All the staff we encountered were friendly and seemed eager to please. We'd definitely consider going back in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!