Just Back From First Trip With Baby - Here's Where We Ate PART I

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Hi. I just returned from 7 nights at WL with me, DH, DS (one), my parents, my grandmother (81 years young!) and my best friend. Here's the lowdown on our dining adventures.

8/10 - arrival day
After checking in to WL, we got our mugs at Roaring Fork and had a quick bite to eat.
Dinner was at Whispering Canyon Cafe. DH and I shared the skillet. It was very good and a lot of food. The salad was great because they have an apple vineagarette which was outstanding. My mom and grandmom had the meatloaf. This was very good (I tasted it). The portions are huge! My best friend and dad got the chicken. They said it was good. We were too full for dessert, but later that night we got a blondie with choc. chips coconut, peanut butter chips that was awesome! This was at Roaring Fork.

Quick note - I like Roaring Fork WAY better than Captain Cook's and Gasparilla's Grill and Games. It is much more organized than the other two, and the seating area is larger.

8/11 - day two
Today we had breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. I thought it was great. They have two plates - fruit and granola or scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, cream cheese french toast with blueberry compote and potatoes. They also put a basket of pastries out that had croissants, muffins and danish. They brought out french toast sticks for the baby and gave him a mini chocolate birthday cake with a candle.

The princesses this day were Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Aurora (Sleeping Beauty) and Mary Poppins. The Fairy Godmother was in the lobby greeting guests.

Lunch today was just snacks from Roaring Fork. I didn't even write down what we had.

Dinner was Crystal Palace. This was by far, the biggest surprise and became our new favorite character meal. The character interaction was fabulous and so was the food. We had carved prime rib, carved turkey breast, there was salmon (DELICIOUS!), pulled pork, pork loin, pasta with mushrooms and chicken in a cream sauce, green beans au gratin, mashed potatoes, rice, shrimp (cold), mussels, soups, salads and great desserts including red velvet cake and creme brulee!!! We actually ate here on our last night, too and we will DEFINITELY go back! My son just loved the character and gave them all hugs and kisses. As soon as I figure it out I will post a picture of him with Pooh!

Well, I'm going to take a break for now. More to come...

question scanne--

How were they about sharing the skillet at WC? I'd be tempted to try that.. but not sure if they would bat an eye there or not.

Did they give you any trouble about sharing? Did they charge you a sharing charge?

Did you guys get enough?

Also, what items did you get at Roaring Forks?

We are staying at WL in two days!!!!! and was wondering about those things..

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with the baby.

Cindy B,

At Whispering Canyon we both ordered the skillet - we didn't share it, so we both paid full price ($21.99). However, my dad tried a few things off of it and our server didn't seem to mind. You know, it never occurred to me that maybe we could have shared it. I mean, I did have a big appetite that night, but I'm not sure if it warranted $21.99 each.

At Roaring Fork we got a variety of items. From the grill we got burgers, grilled chicken sandwiches and pizza, plus breakfast items like scrambled eggs with bacon and hash browns. From the fridge section we got turkey wraps, turkey sandwiches on whole wheat bread, yogurt, fruit, salads, etc. They also had a cream of mushroom soup one day that was very good. They also have a wide variety of pastries, rice krispy treats, cold cereals and fresh fruit.

Have a great time! It's a beautiful resort.

Anne

Thanks scanne.. by looking at your post it said DH and I shared the skillet.. I thought you meant you shared one order..

(I'm very literal!)

Thats the one thing I think about the skillet.. not sure if the $21.99 price is worth it!

Cindy B,

Yeah, looking over my original post it does sound like we shared one skillet. Sorry for the confusion!

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter