Just Back From First Trip With Baby - Here's Where We Ate PART IV

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
Qucik recap: me, DH, DS (one), my parents, my granmother (81 years young!) and my best friend.

8/15/03
We had breakfast at Roaring Fork because my DH, my best friend and I went parasailing. :) You can read about that in my trip report which I will be doing later today.

Lunch was also at Roaring Fork. I think we had fruit, yogurt, chicken sandwiches and pizza.

Tonight was our Illuminations cruise, but we didn't have a PS for dinner. Originally we were going to do the Ice Cream Social then Rose and Crown, but we spent the day at MGM so we cancelled those PS's. (I was disappointed about not going to the Ice Cream Social. My DH promised me we will do it on our next trip).

From MGM we took the boat to the YC/BC. We decided to see how long the wait was at Beaches N Cream and it was only a 10 minute wait for our party of 7. I was really excited to eat here and it kind of made up for missing the Ice Cream Social. I had a cheeseburger and a lime rickey, my DH and best friend had the veggie burger with vanilla cokes, my mom and grandmom had plain hamburgers with chocolate cokes and my dad had the turkey sandwich with a diet chocolate coke. Everything was delicious and I think I have found a new favorite cheeseburger in WDW. For dessert, my best friend and I shared the No Way Jose sundae which is chocolate and vanilla ice cream with peanut butter sauce and hot fudge, sprinkled with peanut butter chips and chocolate chips and topped off with whipped cream and a cherry. This sundae was huge! It was sooooooooooo good. We will definitely go back to Beaches N Cream!

8/16/03
Today we slept in so no breakfast.

We had a PS for 12:15 at Kona Cafe to meet my mom's brother and his family.
Kona is one of my favorites, but this visit was dampened by a less-than-happy waitress. She was actually kind of nasty. Put a damper on lunch IMHO. I had the teriyaki beef salad. It was good, but different that I remember it from 2001. I guess they changed the recipe a little? DH had the chicken sandwich, my mom, best friend, grandmom and dad got the deli sandwich. I don't remember seeing this on the menu before...I don't even know what was on it. My uncle and cousin got the Kona burger. Looked really good - I'll have to get that next time. My other cousin got the chicken sandwich and my aunt had the shrimp caesar salad. That looked really good, too!

Of course I had to get dessert. I had the kiluea torte and was NOT disappointed. This is my all time favorite dessert in WDW. DH and best friend got KoKo Puffs. They were awesome, too!!! Love the desserts at Kona.

After lunch we took the monorail to Epcot, then split up for dinner. My parents and grandmom took the baby back to the hotel and I think they had dinner at Roaring Fork. Me, DH and BF walked from Epcot to MGM. (Are we crazy???) To fuel our walk we got a Beaver Tail from Canada. We got it with chocolate hazelnut. OMG - this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good, too!

We didn't eat at MGM - nothing was open when we got off the Backlot Tour around 8:30pm. So we went back to WL and I had pizza from Roaring Fork. DH and BF got the chicken sandwich again.

I have one more installment to do. I'll try to get to it this afternoon!

Awesome report :)

About a month ago I was planning on doing a dinner at Beaches as well right before our Illuminations Cruise, but then I finally figured out that if the cruise starts at 8:15 (it's in OCT) that means we'll be at B&C during prime dinner time.... Oh well :)

We're definitely looking forward to those Beavertails!

Glad y'all enjoyed it!

FFerret,

We DID eat at Beaches n Cream during peak dinner time. We got there about 6:45pm, had a ten minute wait, then headed over to our cruise by 8:00pm. The longest line was the take out line. Hardly anyone seemed to be waiting to sit down and eat.

Anne

Anne--that's great news; so there IS hope :) Don't know why I was thinking IllumiNations was later in summer...

OK-- putting Beaches and Cream back on the itinerary then!

Thanks for letting me know! Really wish they took PS's.

Just in case it is crowded, how far do you think a walk to a World Showcase counter service is (gotta have a plan to fall back on)?

I would say the closest WS eatery would be the fish n chips counter in United Kingdom. You could probably make it over to the Boardwalk faster for pizza and hot dogs. Just try to get to B&C around 6pm and you should be ok - this is from my experience. But that should give you enough time to eat there or hop to Boardwalk or WS for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter