Just back from HRH & parks

Bchamp

Mouseketeer
We got to HRH at about 6:30 Thursday night May 9. Check-in was pretty smooth, originally booked a garden view with fla. resident rate of 129. on thurs, and fanclub rate of 149. friday, and 153. on saturday. We had a young man from spain, JeanPaul doing our check-in and he gave us a free upgrade to poolview. Cookies and milk were in our room within 2 hours. Next time I will ask for the fruit, cookies were good but my kids liked mine better (LOL)
I asked about the 35.00 upgrade to a suite, he left the desk and went in the back room for a few minutes, when he came back he said we could upgrade to a deluxe room for the 35.00 extra.
But we said no.........if it had been a king suite, or kids suite, like Loews told me on the phone earlier, then we would have paid the extra. If it had been a club room, I would have jumped over the counter and kissed him. But as it turned out, the poolview room was on the first floor, Room 1154, the absolutely BEST room in the hotel..............right next to our room was the exit leading out to either the pool to the right, or the path to the parks on the left. Considering that my hubby and I both smoke, but not in the room with our kids, we could just step outside about 10 ft away when we wanted. It was perfect. No hallways, no elevators!
The room was very clean and housekeeping did a great job!
My only complaint was the music at night was real loud and constant boom of it was keeping my kids awake. Didn't get to sleep until about midnight friday night.
The parks were hot but not too crowded even though on friday and saturday there seemed to be alot of school groups around.
There were alot of characters in both parks walking around alot of the time, only missed Angelica at Universal, guess she was not feeling well yesterday and didn't come out to visit.
Citywalk was booming most of the weekend, ate at HRHotel, Nascar cafe, pasta more (sp?) went off property to Fridays and Cracker Barrel for lunch and breakfasts.
Had a great time, I know I have already forgotten alot, but we had such a great weekend, the pool at HRH is the best, just the best, kids loved the slide, watched a movie Friday night while sitting on a big yellow raft, (movie was MRs. Doubtfire), busy but the lifeguards were walking around picking up towels off the chairs so we found a few to lay on even after noon yesterday.
We did not want to come home, hubby kept asking me to go to the desk and get a room for one more night, but kids had school and when I called to ask for a late check-out ( they gave us till 1 pm), the guy told me that they were booked for the night so I figured it would cost too much to stay. Oh well, any questions, I will try to answer.

I have a question about the HRH restaurant. Which one did you go to? Was it for breakfast, lunch or dinner? We did not eat a the hotel restaurants except for one dinner at the Sunset Grill. My son had the mac and cheese and I had the grilled salmon. We were thinking about trying the Palms this time around. Did you dine there? And if so, i'd like to know your opinion. Thanks.

Oops, one more question. Did you go to Nick studios?

I am sorry, I meant to type HR Cafe,. Hrh rest a little too pricey for us, although hubby did find the pool bar on friday night, and after after a couple of hours and about 4 drinks, tab was 40.00 including tip. Glad we took a cooler with us, just ran to publix for beer and water and juice for the kids and kept it in the room all weekend. Saved us a ton of money.
I tried to get my 3 yr old who loves nickelodeon to go in but he was afraid of "that big green thing" out front of it, he thought it was going to explode with slime and get all over him. He wouldn't go past the hanna barbera ride to even get close to the nick studio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter