Just Back from Royal Pacific -- Any Questions?

Actually bbmom, I'll try to keep it to a minimum! Hmmm, where do I start?

1. If the lines are too long for the water taxis, how long would it take you to walk to IOA & US? Since I've never been there, I'm trying to picture it in my mind but can't do it. (You should have seen my 1st trip to Vegas....looking at map b4 we left I uttered this gem of a statement "Well I'm sure it won't take long to walk from the Mirage to Bellagio...it's only a few streets up!") :p

2. We have a standard room reserved, but I'd like to fax a room request for a view of the parks....it would mean so much to the kids if they could accomodate us. Any idea which tower/floors should I ask for? We'll be in a smoking room if that makes a difference. Not sure, but I thought I saw another post that said some floors are all smoking?

3. This one is from the kids.....They want to know if they are able to climb up on the ship that is in the pool!!

Thanks for the offer. If you can help with any of these questions, I'd be much obliged :D

I was there in October. It is about 5 minutes or so from RPR to IOA on nice, scenic sidewalks. It is about 10 to Universal as it is past most of Citywalk We found it to be much quicker to take the paths than the water taxis as we did not have to wait for them to return and pick up. As for the pool ship, I believe that they had water cannons on them for the kids to squirt, but I could be wrong as we did not get time to use the pool and only walked by.

GeminiMom, I don't know if I'll be much help. I didn't pay attention to which towers had a view of the parks. We don't spend much time in the room when we're with the kids, so we never care much about a view. My son said you could play on the deck area of the ship because there are water gun type things....You can't climb to the top.

We had no problem with the water taxis but it is a 10 minute walk to the parks.

It's a beautiful resort. You'll have a great time!

Prince Eric, were you running to the parks? :)

I'd say it takes about 10 minutes to stroll to IoA and a couple more minutes to US. We walked a lot unless a water taxi was pulling up. One time some of us walked and the others in our party took the water taxi and the water taxi got there first. Just depends on the timing of the taxi.

I'm not sure about the view of the parks.

T&B

I have stayed at RPR a couple of times. We had a standard room in Tower 1 with a dead-on view of the Incredible Hulk Rollercoaster. This was during the summer and we could watch the fireworks every night.

It takes about 10 minutes to walk from the RPR to IOA. The path is beautifully landscaped and we only took the water taxi once (because it happened to be there). If the water taxi isn't there, I would definitely walk.

Have fun!

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle

I'd say it takes about 10 minutes to stroll to IoA and a couple more minutes to US. We walked a lot unless a water taxi was pulling up. One time some of us walked and the others in our party took the water taxi and the water taxi got there first. Just depends on the timing of the taxi.

I'm not sure about the view of the parks.

T&B

That's about our time estimate as well. It is closer to walk from HRH to USF than it is from RPR to IOA>

I hope I can help out a little here:

We have stayed in Tower One three times in a standard room and had a view of IOA twice. The other time we were across the hall and had a view of the front of the hotel which was a good view as well. The hotel is beautiful. I do not know where the smoking rooms are located. There might be views of IOA from pool view rooms in Tower 3 (definitely not in a standard view room). All of Tower 2 I would imagine would have standard view rooms since Tower 2 sits away from the pool, some facing the front of the hotel and others facing a road. Even if you have a room facing IOA, your view may be obstructed by a palm tree or other foilage. The higher the floor the more likely to have an unobstructed view.

It does take about 10 minutes to walk to IOA. It's a nice walk along beautifully landscaped paths. You will be walking alongside the water taxi canal. We normally walk more than we ride the water taxi.

You cannot climb up on the ship in the pool. It does have water cannons and waterfalls and a boat that will dump water on you. The pool is lovely. My kids like it better than the HRH pool even though the HRH pool has a slide.

Have fun!! You will love RPR.

Originally posted by Tigger&Belle

I have admitted in the past to being a bit of a park commando, so that may have been a speedwalk. :p It didn't seem that long of a walk, but then again its such a relaxing walk maybe the time flew by and seemed less.

Again, thanks to all the wonderful people here at the US/IOA boards for their help. I think I'll call the resort tomorrow direct & have a stab at a requesting an IOA view room. Can't hurt to ask :D. I've seen the walking trails in pictures & think they look wonderful, but know we'll have to take the water taxi at least once, the kids think it's a park ride!

Hi, we stayed at RPR last aug. we stayed in tower 1 with terrific views of hulk. I'd agree the walk is about 10 min. or so. Also, about the ship, my son was able to climb up on it......... and shoot the water cannons........... ??? not sure why the op was not able to climb up on it, but when we were there tons of kids were all over it.

have fun!!!

We will be taking two 14 yr old boys and are interested in the secure environment at the Royal Pacific. In your opinion, can they safely visit the pool area without our supervision? What about other areas of the resort, or the park? What food options do you recommend?

Originally posted by QuaidMom
We will be taking two 14 yr old boys and are interested in the secure environment at the Royal Pacific. In your opinion, can they safely visit the pool area without our supervision? What about other areas of the resort, or the park? What food options do you recommend?

It depends on the kids...are they generally trustworthy? My kids have never gone out on their own, but if they want to I'll let them (my older two are 13 and 16yo). My 13yo is a bit absent-minded, but my daughter would make up for it and both would stay out of trouble and stay in touch with me via cell phone. I would even consider letting my 10yo go with them, but he doesn't like the upside down coasters so they might not want him to go.

We're staying at HRH so we'll be very close to the parks, but I would allow it at RPR, too. At least I would with my kids.

T&B

Originally posted by wendypooh
Also, about the ship, my son was able to climb up on it......... and shoot the water cannons........... ??? not sure why the op was not able to climb up on it, but when we were there tons of kids were all over it.

have fun!!!

Silly me...I thought the question meant climb up on top of the ship and jump off or something. I don't know what I was thinking. :rolleyes: Yes, kids can go all over the ship and use the water cannons and go through the sprinklers.

Quaidmom............... I'd let them go to the pool alone together, and if they have cell phones in order to check in......... I'd let them go to the parks alone. My boys are a lot older, but they still have to call and let us know where they are, and also we have times to meet for lunch........ etc, etc.... I think if they stay together and check in often, then they should be fine. It just depends on the kids.......... if they are more mature, I wouldn't worry at all.......... if they are still "young" in your mind......... limit it to maybe one ride, or one hour or something........... or if you just think they aren't ready, then limit it to the pool only!!!! A little freedom goes a long way!!!! ;)

Have a great trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter