JUST back from the YC standard, BCV 2 bed, and BCV 1 bed.

MermaidsMom

<font color=red>Do you live trap squirrels with cr
Any questions? I tried to be observant while there to be of some help to others. I did note that the BWI has covering over what appears to be the entire front (road side) of the resort, and I assume that means all views would be resort or water. I had worked myself into quite a nervous state before leaving for WDW because of the negative comments about the villas. Fortunately, we had a wonderful time. They were clean and beautiful and we were able to have pretty good views each time. I think it helped to be at the YC for the 1st night because I went over to the BC desk and spent time talking with the checkin people and they entered what I wanted into the computer the day before. We spent 1 night at the YC in a first floor with patio and partial view of the boat dock area. That was nice for a standard view! Then moved to the BCV for the weekend in a 2 bedroom because of family flying in for Friday and Saturday nights only. Then onto the 1 bed as our group got smaller. Why pay for unneeded space? The moving went smoothly, probably helped by the fact that everyone was able to do their own packing and hauling of luggage (no small children). I am glad to answer any questions!

Regarding your room at the YC,was it near the gazebo? Would you recommend 1st floor?
How crowded was the SAB pool?

What was your 2 bedroom like at BCV? What floor and was it a dedicated 2 bedroom or a lockoff? There are some reports of an ant problem at the BCV so I am pretty nervous!! What was your view?

Awatt- We were in a courtyard area that had a small gazebo- not sure if it's the main one or not. We were unhappy by the cigarette butts and empty wrappers that were around our patio. It seems like someone needs to clean around the main floor patios. SAB was not crowded at all, neither were the quiet pools- although the BC quiet pool was closed.

pnelson- We had a dedicated 2 bedroom on the 4th floor looking over the pool. I think that if you want a pool view that a lower floor would be better because the trees could block more of the parking lot. We still liked it alot! We had (1) ant only!! I think that they are unavoidable in such a tropical climate. Overall we were not bothered by any bugs while there. The alligator caught and ate a sandpiper bird! Quite the event for everyone!

MermaidsMom, welcome home! I like the YC and adore the BCV. Thank you for your comment regarding your 4th floor pool view. It had never crossed my mind that the higher up you are, the better your parking lot view is.

If you have photos to share, please post the link.

I was going to request a pool view at the BCV (1bedroom) because I thought it was quieter on that side of the building?? I didn't realize the parking lot was below??? Is it a nice view, I would like a large balcony too? Do you think the other side (Epcot) would be better, they say there is road noise?? I am confused now!! LOL! Anymore thoughts would be appreciated!!

Originally posted by MermaidsMom
The alligator caught and ate a sandpiper bird! Quite the event for everyone!

Everyone except the sandpiper bird.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter