Just back from trade to Kaanapali Beach Club - Maui

JoEllen

DIS Veteran
Just back from our trade to the RCI Kaanapali Beach Club on Maui. The rooms are not close to the caliper of DVC but they were alright and we were on Maui. :beach:
If you are thinking about this trade be aware you most likely won't get an ocean view room or a two bedroom. There are only 16 two bedrooms in the resort. The rooms had been recently updated and the kitchen/bath had granite countertops. But kitchen has no stove or range. The washer/dryers are in the hallway instead of your room. The pool area was great with plenty of cushioned chairs and the staff was very friendly. The parking garage was very handy and underground which kept the car cool!
Overall, if you are looking for a spot in Maui I would recommend KBC. The location is great and the weather was perfect! If you have any questions, please let me know.

JoEllen

We haven't travelled with RCI but are interested in doing so? How difficult was it to get the resort and dates that you wanted? Thanks!

Hi JoEllen,
We havent' used our dvc points in the rci system but are interested in travelling lots of place where disney doesn't have resorts. How difficult was it to get the resort and dates that you wanted with rci? how far out did you book and receive confirmation of your accomodations? Thanks.

The DVC customer service was very helpful in giving info when I said I wanted to trade for somewhere on Maui. She also mentioned that Maui is one of the toughest trades. It took me over 6 months to get a trade and I had opened up my request to any time in November. I also used Tripadvisor and Yelp to get info on the resort.

I just booked an RCI trade into this resort for February 2017! I hope we are as happy with the resort as you were! I heard that Maui is where you see whales in the winter!

Bobbi

I just booked an RCI trade into this resort for February 2017! I hope we are as happy with the resort as you were! I heard that Maui is where you see whales in the winter!

Bobbi
You will have a wonderful time! I started watching TripAdvisor Maui thread to get ideas and found it very helpful.

Good to know. Never thought about using RCI for Maui. (not sure what I was thinking) We are going to Aulani this June but adding 3 nights on to Maui at the end of trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!