Just back from trip June 15-22

pink7420

Mouseketeer
Just got back last night and had a great trip. It was our first time to aulani so not sure what it was like before.
We all enjoyed ourselves and loved the pools and beach at aulani. Had to drag kids to see the rest of the island.
Did kaolua ranch secret beach was fun but wouldn't do it again.
Did trip to dole plantation, very long waits. At opening train was 2 hours wait! Ended up just doing the maze and having dole whips before leaving.
We went to the Polynesian cultural center, that place was great and had way more to do then we could even finish. Kids enjoyed making fish from coconut leaves, spear throwing, trying to fish and playing musical instruments from the different islands.
We had bought go Oahu passes to do most of the acitivites and that worked out well.
We also did the dolphin excursion at the sealife park, kids really enjoyed petting and feeding the dolphins.
We loved all the amenities at aulani but did notice most activities were an additional cost. We did making mickey ears and star gazing, in total coming to around $300. Mickey ears could only be made by kids under 12 if an adult made them as well, as it took up a slot they told us.
There were not many other acitivites besides those and the iPad game available.
We did meet some characters throughout our trip, all characters were announced on the character line everyday at 8am except Moana. Moana you needed to go down daily and ask cast members. Out of the 8 days we were there, she was only there once. We felt beyond lucky to have met her.
My husband and my 8 year old did the rainbow reef and enjoyed snorkeling in there.
Every castmember we encountered was beyond friendly and helpful.
We did try all the places to eat on property, as my kids would not leave the pools most days.
Ulu cafe was ok, food was decent and good for kids not wanting to leave property.
We enjoyed off the hook and loved oleo room at night. Oleo room was beautiful at night and had live music and sushi was delicious.
We did a character breakfast that was just ok, food was mediocre for the price. I understand it was that much as it had characters but they are behind glass counters for Pluto and goofy. We were closer to characters at meet and greets on the stage.
We had no issues getting tested through Walgreens ID, got tested around 10am and had results in less then hour. We flew Alaskan and they took info and got us prechecked with wrist bands so we could walk right through when we landed.
We had a fantastic trip even with covid restrictions having acitivites and many things for kids closed.
Already planning come back next fall.
Also thanks to the dis I knew about the ko olina lounge and booked two hours. Thank goodness for this as it was very hot that day and the airport has very little places with ac, we're from new england and kids were melting down. Having that area to rest in ac on couches with a tv was a god send. Had my husband grab food from food courts and ate in there til it was time to go board.

Big thanks to everyone on this board as it truly helped us to plan our first trip to aulani.

Sounds like you had a great time. We are going to Aulani in August. We have been before, but have never gone over to the Polynesian Cultural center but was thinking of going this time. My grandchildren are 9 and 13, hopefully I can drag them away from the pools to visit the Center this trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter