just back from WDW--shirts cracked

kimcwl

Earning My Ears
We had a great time at WDW, but the shirts did not hold up at all!

I was so sad, because I had worked so hard for the week or so before we left finding designs and deciding what to wear, buying shirts and paper. Then I stayed up all that night before we left ironing them on. I was so proud of them, and we were all so excited to have them.
Even when I first got them out of the suitcase, there were a few little cracks. As we wore them they just became cracked more and more. None of them are salvageable for more than that one wearing, except one I did with the dark transfer paper. It just broke my heart to have these great designs I had spent so much time over (and with thanks to all you designers!) and the expense of the shirts, ink, and paper, and then they looked awful by the end of just a few hours!

I used the Hanes easy clean shirts from Walmart as well as some other brands, but the effects seemed the same on all. I used Avery paper --Light mostly. But I guess I will try Dark or the brand recommended from ebay.

I don't know what else I did wrong. They looked fine right after I had ironed them, but they were very shiny and plastic-y, which I had not seen on other shirts I had done in the past. Any ideas of what happened or what I can do differently in the future?

People did comment on the designs and how cute an idea, etc., but I wish they had lasted better!

Thanks for advice! Kim

The major thing that I have heard that seems to make the major difference is you can't use fabric softener with them. If you didn't use fabric softener, then I don't know what it would be.

Well, I have the ebay paper and avery and every one of my light shirts cracked to bits with the first wash (and with any stretching)! :sad2:

From now on, I think I'm just using the dark, regardless of what color shirt.... I have some with the dark paper that have held up PERFECTLY in more washes than I can count!

Sorry to hear that your shirts are ruined.... I can totally empathize!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter