Just back, got some questions and comments!

Melanie1001

USF Rocks!
Well we just got back from an absolutely wonderful 5 day trip (Dec. 10-14) to Universal. Portofino was amazing beyond words, I think I enjoyed it more than I did the first time. FOTL is by far the coolest perk, we just kept riding and kept riding MIB thanks to it :) Where can I find some email addresses to send my compliments and thanks to? I'd love to let Universal and Loews know how much fun we had and how this was our best vacation ever!

I swear that the employees at USF are the friendliest around...everyone we walked by was always "good morning, hello, how are you, how's your day been" Terrific people, they seem to hire the best.

Here's a MIB question--I noticed a fellow trying to shoot his own exhaust port...can you do that and get points? Quite a sneaky trick if it worked! (Oh and thank you MIB999999 for all the tips, I managed to get up to 480000 before we left!)

Heard interesting rumors about Kong, like I mentioned in another thread...wonder if it is true that it's closing at the end of this year? Time will tell...

Another rumor I heard is a bit wilder and I'm not 100% sure how true this one is but here goes...a very nice employee at USF who really loved talking to us gave us this tidbit of info. He said that someone who used to work for Coney Island has been hired by USF to help produce a wooden coaster--and perhaps even a whole other park....but said that would be many years down the road....he said that those are all the details he knows because US does not want Mr. Big Ears down the road to get wind of exactly what's going on...like I said, take that one for what its worth, pure rumor right now and nothing more...just thought it was a rather interesting bit of info to pass along..so if its a crazy wild loony rumor don't blame the messenger :)

We have decided that unless things change drastically at WDW we will not be going back--its too expensive, too crowded and the employees are not as friendly. My father is the only one who we can't seem to convince to not go back to WDW--my mother and I have no desire to go back at all. Already planning another USF trip as early as February and definitely one for next December. Keep up the good work Universal!

Here's a MIB question--I noticed a fellow trying to shoot his own exhaust port...can you do that and get points? Quite a sneaky trick if it worked! (Oh and thank you MIB999999 for all the tips, I managed to get up to 480000 before we left!)

You are most welcome. Yes you can shoot your own exhaust port. However you do not score any points by doing this so you just as well sit on you gun and shoot at that exhaust port for all the good it does you.!!!

:smooth:

Question: did the tips help you enjoy the ride more????

It was definitely a more enjoyable ride because of your walkthrough that you posted on here. I copied and pasted all the handbooks into MSWord and printed out copies for us to look at. Did we remember it all? Heck no, but we remembered enough so that our car never once lost to the one beside us :)
In your handbook you mentioned that usually only 2 people in the car would get the bonus, but either we did something right or just got plain lucky--I bet 80% of the time we all 3 got the bonus. My mom was so proud when she finally got above 200000 hehe :)

So yeah it helped us enjoy ourselves on the ride :)

Oh I almost forgot this question! We went to T23D twice in the time we were there, and neither time did they have the motorcycle on stage--you know where its like the motorcycle is like popping out of the screen and running back into it--is it a temporary technical difficulty or a permanent thing?

I have never seen it without the motorcycle and i have not been to T23D since 9/11 due to the specific show time format. I will have to go 12/22 and see what is up. :smooth:

But, I've seen this happen before too.
It appears to happen annually and in the past I've had it explained to me as only temporarily down. Sure enough, it always was, and within a couple of weeks the motorcycle was back.
I wouldn't worry, It should come back again.
HAVE FUN

It's so nice to hear someone report that their experience of the resort hotels has been like mine -- wonderful!

The Motorcycle was out of service for a few days for annual maintenance. She's back now.

The motorcycle was also missing when I was there on Friday, the 14th! That was a first for me - I thought it was funny how they still had the motorcycle sound effects :-)

I also noticed another BIG missing item - where is King Kong's Christmas cap this year????

-Alan

glad to know it was just down for a little while. i kinda figured as much but i thought i'd ask...its one of the coolest parts of the stunt half of the show...you know that must be very hard to handle on such a small area...

and yes kelly it was a completely wonderful experience, i've been shouting the greatness of USF to all my family and friends, trying to convince everyone to go. I have never had such a wonderful time on a vacation...literally everything went perfect and with the crowds being so light we never had to worry about not getting something in. Plus the great night life of Citywalk makes for some very long days LOL

No one ever posted me email addresses so I could let Loews and Universal know how wonderful and amazing our vacation was--I've searched on here and can't find a listing for it. Could someone please point me in the right direction :) Thanks!!

How about i print this out and take it to guest services 12/30. i will print it out 12/29 so add whatever you want and i will hand deliver it for you if you like!!:smooth:

Melanie,

I don't have the email addresses but here are the snail mail ones. I also sent complimentary letters after our trip in Oct/Nov.

Manager Brian Johnson
Portofino Bay Hotel
5601 Universal Blvd
Orlando, Fl 32919

Universal Guest Services
Universal Orlando
1000 Universal Studios Plaza
Orlando, Fl 32819
Fax 1 407 224 6299

February! Will you be there the weekend of the 8th? We will be having a meet of the Universal Women and a MIB challenge. Love to have your help and luck on MIB!

Thank you MIB! That's perfect!

OK here's what I wanted to tell them.

First off I wanted to thank you for the most perfect vacation ever. It was perfect, all other vacations will be gauged from this one. Portofino Bay is so wonderful--we felt truly like VIPs and were completely pampered. It's nice to go somewhere and be treated like a celebrity even if you aren't one. The "No Line, No Wait" Front of the Line perk is the best thing! We didn't have to worry much about it, cause the crowds were rather thin, but it sure was nice to have if we needed it. It made us feel like VIPs too, taking the back ways into rides, getting kind of the "backstage" entrance. You have some of the nicest employees! We met some wonderful people, people who remembered us a day or 2 after we first met them and treated us like long lost friends. And, coming from a 20 year Disneyworld veteran, you have Disney beat with this--while I've met some nice CMs before, none could compare to the very friendly people at USF. And that's something that's eroded at Disney the last few years, and you've filled in the slack. You all need to pat yourselves on the back, you've done a commendable job of beating Disney at their own game--you've out-Disneyed Disney, well done!

The 3 of us have decided that we aren't going back to Disneyworld. We have no desire to go anywhere where we feel rushed and have to hit the ground running every day to see everything. When we go on vacation, we want to feel pampered and rested--which is 100% what we got at Universal. You have all of our business from now on. Keep up the good work!

Thank you for a wonderful, perfect vacation. Please pass this on to anyone and everyone who may want to read it, including the people at Loews who run the Portofino Bay. Its a great, perfect, amazing place, one that we wish to return to as soon as possible. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!

Sincerely,

The Brookbank Family from North Carolina

I'll definitely send a snail mail to them as well. I feel its important to let folks know when they've done such a good job.

printing it out now so this is what i will hand into guest services and to the desk of PFB:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter