• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back..had a great time

Eeyore2142

Mouseketeer
Well, I have returned from my first (of what will be many) DL trip. I had a wonderful time. I am a WDW vet and did not expect to love DL like I did. I did not like California Adventure, so we ended up spending most of our time at DL.

Crowds were very low - walked on to Space Mountain most of the time. Our longest wait was to get our picture taken for the APs. Tons of characters were out. Monsters was broke most of the time I was there

I will answer any questions you have.

Glad you had a great time! :wizard: We also love Disneyland, and actually prefer it over WDW (no INDY ride), but of course we absolutely LOVE DCA!

Good to hear crowds were low for you. That always helps! :goodvibes

Just wondering where you stayed. We also have been to WDW a few times and are preparing for our first DL visit the end of April. Can't wait!!!

Glad you had such a great time! I think sometimes DCA is an aquired taste, it took me a couple of visits to realize how much I could enjoy it if I didn't go expecting it to be the same feel as Disneyland. I am happy that you had low crowds, that makes any Disney vacation that much more enjoyable. Now you need to start planning for your next trip!

We stayed at DLH. We got an AP rate of $89/night. We ended up in the Sierra tower with a Downtown Disney/Themepark view. It was awesome.

I am sure DCA is an aquired taste. I just think they could have done a better job with it.

Glad you had a great time! We, too, loved DL -- although as I was planning the trip all my WDW veteran friends warned me we wouldn't like it ("it's smaller", "it's......") We loved the ability to park hop without catching a bus to the TTTC or back to the hotel!

We liked DCA -- although DS 6 commented "it didn't feel like Disney"! My kids are thrill-ride junkies now so we had to park hop daily to ride Screamin', etc!!

Welcome home....the worst -- the post Disney Blues :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter