Just back.... service dog observation, hot paws

DisneyDoc5

Making memories...
I just returned from a fabulous week at wdw! It was a HOT week as is typically the case in August! One observation I felt compelled to share as a huge dog lover AND huge supporter of anyone needing the assistance of a service animal.... please consider the paw pads of your animal friends. I only saw two dogs with protective paw wear. The ground was SO HOT and can easily burn flesh, including paws. I'm always so thrilled to see my fellow man benefiting from the aid of service animals and work in this field. If you aren't from a climate with extreme heat perhaps this concern wouldn't be something you would consider, but it can be a real danger and if even one animal friend and their owner can benefit from reading this then it was worth posting. You can test the asphalt by holding your own hand to it for 5 to 10 seconds. There are paw waxes and balms that can also provide some protection in addition to booties. I know no one would ever intentionally cause their animal harm and I'm not criticizing anyone, just hoping to educate for the benefit of all. Posted with love, concern, and appreciation for all service animals and those that benefit from them.

Well said! We have the pleasure of volunteering at the Service Dog Project in Ipswich, MA and are happy when we see magical pairing of a service dog with their person. We have met a number of the recipients and their service dogs and always see the care that flows in both directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter