Just Booked Air From Chicago - Ouch!!

inkkognito

<font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon
We jut booked our tickets for Memorial Day week and Fourth of July weekend from Chicago to Orlando...ouch! It was $215 per peson each way, which was very painful to pay since our March and April trips were only $166. We bantered back and forth about waiting for a sale, but the fares have already gone up once, so we decided to go for it. At least we had a $50 voucher from ATA due to broken luggage wheels, so that brought it down a bit.
At least we did better on the hotel (we do Disney cruises, so we fly out the night before to make sure we're at the ship on time). We're getting the May hotel free via Marriott Rewards points, and I got the airport La Quinta for $28 via Priceline for the night of July 3rd.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

215 per person each way is pretty expensive. That's what we are paying roundtrip for August which is average price.

I would love $215 from Cleveland for our next trip.

We are cruising April 25 then WDW coming home either on May 4 or 5. The cheapest I have been able to find for 2 months is $292!!! To get a decent flight home it is $323! Part of the problem is I need to fly non-stop, but even with a stop the cheapest is $250!!!

So I am still looking, but I will soon have to bite the bullet *sigh*

Debbie

Actually, it's not as bad as it sounds. I goofed (that's what I get for posting late at night)...instead of saying "each way," I meant to say "each trip for each person." Still painful, but not THAT bad!!
Barb

I'd be thrilled with $215 RT from MSP - especially if it were non-stop.

If what you are saying is $215 round trip from Chicago with taxes and fees included that is actually a good rate. It does not often go below the low $200's particularly with the increases in taxes and fees. That $166 round trip you got is about rock bottom and gets there very seldom.

I guess I just got spoiled, as we've gotten some great rates for our flights last year. The irony is, the rates dropped by about $20 per ticket the very next day! ATA will not do an adjustment unless the difference is at least $80. Oh well, at least we got the flight times that we wanted. But it always drives me crazy to miss a sale because I am such a compulsive planner. I think I'm lucky to be in Chicago because ATA seems to keep the rates down...their prices are reasonable, and often American and United will match them. We still have to purchase tickets for August and November, so we'll see (Nov. is going to be pricey, as it's Thaksgiving weekend).
Barb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter