• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got back from Flight Centre....

kylieh

DIS Veteran
And I have our voucher for our 14-day DL Passes :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I got the quote from Expedia.com.au first, they price matched, and I got a $20 voucher each for my trouble.

Just so excited I had to tell someone!!!!:banana::banana:

I got the quote from Expedia.com.au first, they price matched, and I got a $20 voucher each for my trouble.

That's awesome :thumbsup2 So glad you got great service! :goodvibes

When we got ours we had gone in to check on price matching but were too early (supposed to be closer to the time...50days? something like that) and then when we went back to the SAME place and the SAME person we were all about to process it and she came up with a wrong total :confused3
So after "discussing" it they agreed to the price match?

But the voucher was processed fine at DL and it is SOOO good having that flexibility. Have an amazing trip! :wizard:

Good news indeed! It's better than my experience when flightcentre tried to pricematch my airfares to Barcelona. Their price was $150 more than expedia. When they agreed to price match, they beat expedia's price by $1. Yeah...I was so impressed!

Hey Kylie ,

We did exactly the same thing last October !!

Awesome isn't it ?

After doing the Disney tickets we went to another FC and got our Universal FOL tickets as well .

BUT

We got a $20.00 voucher for each of us - so now we have $160.00 worth of FC vouchers to use ! :cool1::thumbsup2

Thats a great result. Much better than I got on our last trip to WDW. Their price was over $1000 dearer than what I could get on the WDW internet site.

They came back and said sorry but they could not match the price. This is after telling me I must be booking a different room. After showing them the proof they basically said the difference was too much for them to match.

I found that the same this time that TA's were much more expensive than going direct. Even using a relative' staff discount at Flight Centre.

Thanks everyone - now it's just the waiting game. 2 calender months today.... tick tick tick.

That's fantastic :thumbsup2

I didn't even know that Flight Centre matched prices! So that is just a great piece of information :thanks:

Have a fantastic trip

Thats a great result. Much better than I got on our last trip to WDW. Their price was over $1000 dearer than what I could get on the WDW internet site.

They came back and said sorry but they could not match the price. This is after telling me I must be booking a different room. After showing them the proof they basically said the difference was too much for them to match.

I found that the same this time that TA's were much more expensive than going direct. Even using a relative' staff discount at Flight Centre.

Its strange, for accommodation through TA's in Australia the price is SO expensive, so much more than booking direct.

You can book though through a US TA, we have used www.yourmagicaljourneys.com twice now (dreams unlimited is supposed to be good too) and are very happy with them which is why we have just booked our Sept/Oct WDW accommodation with them, we communicate by email and it's very easy. They are the same price as Disney direct, they don't mark up at all. Good thing about them too, which I love, is if Disney release a special, like free dining or room discount of some description they let you know straight away if it's a better deal for you and adjust your booking. Aussie TA's don't do that!

That's fantastic :thumbsup2

I didn't even know that Flight Centre matched prices! So that is just a great piece of information :thanks:

Have a fantastic trip

Its strange, for accommodation through TA's in Australia the price is SO expensive, so much more than booking direct.

You can book though through a US TA, we have used www.yourmagicaljourneys.com twice now (dreams unlimited is supposed to be good too) and are very happy with them which is why we have just booked our Sept/Oct WDW accommodation with them, we communicate by email and it's very easy. They are the same price as Disney direct, they don't mark up at all. Good thing about them too, which I love, is if Disney release a special, like free dining or room discount of some description they let you know straight away if it's a better deal for you and adjust your booking. Aussie TA's don't do that!

For our upcoming trip I did use Dreams Unlimited. Prices were the same as I could get direct with the added bonus of getting me any discounts that become available. DU managed to book my DL, WDW and DCL bookings with minimum of fuss. Quotes arrived in most cases same day I requested them and had no problems in making some minor changes.

Would have no problems in recommending them over any Australian TA.

I think generally Flight Centre leaves a lot to be desired in terms of general knowledge about destinations.

The reason we used them for our DL tickets was that I had a $200 voucher from bonus points at work, and they would price match with Expedia.com.au, and I wanted the 14 day passes. I actually found the processes though in FC quite drawn out. I was expected a 5 minute visit, instead taking around 30 minutes or so, + had to go back to pick up the voucher as they wouldn't email. Then a 2nd trip back as the voucher wasn't correct.

Would I use them again, based on that experience, probably not.

But it was very exciting at the time.

We used Getaway Today for our accom in DL. Very happy with them. Got a really good deal. We used them too for our last trip.

I think generally Flight Centre leaves a lot to be desired in terms of general knowledge about destinations.

The reason we used them for our DL tickets was that I had a $200 voucher from bonus points at work, and they would price match with Expedia.com.au, and I wanted the 14 day passes. I actually found the processes though in FC quite drawn out. I was expected a 5 minute visit, instead taking around 30 minutes or so, + had to go back to pick up the voucher as they wouldn't email. Then a 2nd trip back as the voucher wasn't correct.

Would I use them again, based on that experience, probably not.

But it was very exciting at the time.

We used Getaway Today for our accom in DL. Very happy with them. Got a really good deal. We used them too for our last trip.
That sounds more like the Flight Centre I know! :rolleyes:
It took 30mins to get our tickets too...and yes heaven forbid that they give it too you then :rolleyes:

We found a great agent at a Travelworld. :thumbsup2
They are out there...but not generally at a Flight Centre...

Oh...and I'll never forget the guy who pronounced Yosemite (you know the beautiful National Park) the same way you do Vegemite :eek:

We got fantastic prices for tickets to Florida at their Travel Show in January - $3500 for two adults and 1 child. But the service once we plunked down our $100 cash deposit - not great at all. They mucked up the bookings, tried to charge my husband extra and we got told "you have to pay by Thursday!" - we thought that meant pay by 5pm Thursday but they meant "you have to pay on Wednesday or lose your booking." It took demanding to speak to the manager to get them to honour the deal.

Would never recommend Flight Centre after that.

I'm considering buying our DW tickets from Undercover Tourist - good savings, free postage and they actually send the passes, not vouchers that have to be exchanged.

We have a great Travel agent jetset in Coffs Harbour.
Nothing is too much trouble.
Have booked many trips with the team from Jetset.
and they are now helping plan our holiday to Disneyland and Hawaii.
They have also helped with our upcoming trip to Egypt.

I would get a price from DL direct before you finalize and book with an Aussie TA, particularly if you are staying at a DL hotel. US travel agents for Disneyland are also available for Aussies (we use a US TA for all disney holidays, we would never book disney with an Aussie TA, their prices are SO expensive, often more than double the price of booking direct or with a US TA) Even tickets are cheaper direct or online through Expedia (you just print the voucher and present it at DL or your DL hotel).

An example. Our room at GCH last year (room only) was around $350 a night (can't remember the exact price) theme park view booked through our Disney authorised TA. A standard room at GCH through an Aussie TA's brochure was around $700 a night :scared1: thats a standard view, imagine how much the theme park view was :eek:
x that by 14 nights.

So it's just worth getting prices for Disney from a few sources as you could end up saving thousands! :thumbsup2

We only book long haul tickets with an Aussie TA - and that is only because they are family friends and their price ends up being about $40 per ticket more than booking directly via websites. We never ask them for a discount (but would have done our homework on price comparisons via the net) and they always give us the best price they can.

We NEVER book anything else. It is much cheaper using expedia or going to the hotels direct. Especially for the US, where everything is pretty much on line now.

The exception to this rule is for our upcoming trip to WDW. We are using a Disney authorised TA and they provide the same price as the WDW website or calling them up. My US TA is great - she makes all my ADRs for me and looks out for the best combination of hotels from a $ perspective.

As per AussieTraveller's advice - check directly with Disney or online or with a US TA before booking the land content with the Aussie TA. Even if you're not staying at a Disney hotel, google your hotel and check up the online rates as a comparison.

I'm sure if you posted a thread with your specific questions, you'd get everyone's views back :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter