Just got back....Review of Restaurants

WeLoveEeyore

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a wonderful week at WDW, we stayed at the Boardwalk (LOVED IT). Here are the restaurants we ate at (I'll skip the quick counter service ones):

ESPN Club at the Boardwalk - your usually pub-style food. Good though, and decently priced.

Tony's Town Square - had a DELICIOUS eggplant dish....mmmm good. It was on the pricey side, but the food was delicious.

Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. Enjoyed this. I ordered the roast beef sandwich (yummy), DH loved his pasta dish (forget what it was).

Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada - I would say our favorite restaurant in all of WDW. Expensive though, be prepared for a hefty bill. Our bill was $200 (w/ tip) for the 4 of us (2 adults/2 children). Mmmm good.

50's Prime Time Cafe - I think we enjoy the atmosphere/entertainment here more than the food. The food is good though. Definitely a little pricier than say ESPN Club or something like that. I got the pot roast, hubby got the meatloaf (he said it was "just meatloaf", so I guess he didn't love it). Desserts are the best here. The kids love the make-your-own sundae thing. I LOVED the S'mores dessert.

Norway restaurant (I forget the name) - we had no PS's for that night, and were at Epcot with Brother, SIL, nephew and neice and couldn't get a seating ANYWHERE in the world before 8:30. So, Norway was empty, so we ate at Norway. I'm glad we tried it, as we wouldn't have normally tried it if we could have gone elsewhere. It was different. They serve a cold buffet (lots of salmon) and then you pick a hot entree that they will keep bringing more of if you want it. Definitely wasn't a favorite, but I am glad we tried it. The cast members there were really nice and friendly too.

Chef Mickey's Character Breakfast - lots to pick from, everything was hot, characters were great.

Portobello Yacht Club at Downtown Disney - MMMM good. Very good Italian restaurant. The mushroom appetizer was SO GOOD. I got an alfredo dish with big shrimp in it. It was really good. Nice place.

Flying Fish Cafe at the Boardwalk - this was a great place. Definitely pricey ($185 w/ tip for 2 adults and 2 children). It is mostly a fish place, so if you don't like fish you may want to skip it. I got a ravioli dish that was in a balsami sauce and was VERY GOOD. The kids enjoyed the children's caesar salad with their meal. I enjoyed a caesar salad with my meal too. You can see the chefs cooking at the restaurant which is fun.

Big River Grille at the Boardwalk - This place was ok. Nothing bad, nothing extraordinary either, though. They don't serve french fries which I found odd. Their mashed potatoes were yummy. Their crab dip and jalepeno dip was very good as well.

Wow, I was really surprised to hear how expensive Le Cellier was, especially when I saw that it was more than your meal at Flying Fish, a place that I had considered to be one of the more expensive at WDW. I've never been to Le Cellier, but for some reason I didn't think it was ultra expensive. $200 for a family of 4 sure seems steep, even for WDW! :eek:

Yes, but we did order a lot. Let's see if I can remember :confused:

Hubby got some sort of appetizer, I forget what, something with sliced tomatoes.

Hubby and me each got a cup of the Cheddar Cheese soup (mmmm!!)

Kids each got the kid's steak meal.

Hubby and I each got a meal that was like $38 (a filet and a lobster tail).

I had either diet coke or sparkling water and hubby had a couple of glasses of wine.

Hubby, myself and our oldest son each got a dessert.

So, we did order a lot, but, yes, it still is on the expensive side.

great reviews - thanks for taking the time to post

we love FF but DS says they have the best steak in all of WDW - I just say HooRay for the fish!!!

Thanks for the reviews! I'm planning on trying Portobello Yacht Club on my next trip (whenever that may be - ugh!).

Thanks for sharing your reviews! Sounds like you had a really good meal at Le Cellier -- guess it explains the price. :D

Thanks for the great reviews. Glad you liked Portabello Yacht Club, we ate there for the first time this past Sept. and just loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter