Just got back. Trip was great. Decided to sell.

We've decided going forward to cut down on our trips/vacations to Disney. We plan on renting our out our points this year and not going again (possibly) until 2021. When we do return to WDW, it will be with a different vacation style. Less park time, eating off site and cooking in room. I don't see us getting our "money's worth" especially when it comes to park tickets. So difficult to do more rides (unless you're willing to wait in ridiculously long lines) besides your 3 initial FP. Nothing will change because people continue and are willing to pay the price. Until park attendance goes way down and they start to loose money, it will remain the same.

Long wait lines.... with a bit of planning and patience this can be avoided. Going to the park early in the morning and using fast passes should avoid this unless you want to spend all day in the park. We never wait more than 20 mins.

I do absolutely agree that it is ridiculous the way the prices have increased. It sure hasn't slowed down the number of people paying for the tickets and hotels. Maybe the "once in a lifetime" people are going to go regardless. Those of us with DVC plan to go often and we are the ones who likely get the brunt of the increase. It would be nice if DVC still had ticket perks or reduced meal plan prices as we are the loyal and true visitors.

We just back from Orlando last month, we stayed out of the parks. There is so much to do in Orlando, you dont need the parks to have a great time there. We stocked the room and ate at off site restaurants.

We stayed at HHI 2 years ago, I love that resort. No way will I sell my points.

We've decided going forward to cut down on our trips/vacations to Disney. We plan on renting our out our points this year and not going again (possibly) until 2021. When we do return to WDW, it will be with a different vacation style. Less park time, eating off site and cooking in room. I don't see us getting our "money's worth" especially when it comes to park tickets. So difficult to do more rides (unless you're willing to wait in ridiculously long lines) besides your 3 initial FP. Nothing will change because people continue and are willing to pay the price. Until park attendance goes way down and they start to loose money, it will remain the same.
I think they will actually take a hit after this crisis plays out. They were not flexible at all with my expiring points. I am still waiting on a response from Member Services about path forward. I did book a stay just to use them up but would prefer to use later in year.

If you though ticket prices were high before then look at them now. We usually pay around 1400 for 2 AP with the DVC discount. This year for 2 5-D tickets were over $900. Now right there our March trip is becoming a resort only trip.

If you though ticket prices were high before then look at them now. We usually pay around 1400 for 2 AP with the DVC discount. This year for 2 5-D tickets were over $900. Now right there our March trip is becoming a resort only trip.
This is what I’m most concerned about. I’ve got a small trip with my whole family planned for next March (all 8 of us!). 4 of us still have active AP’s, but the other 4 haven’t had one for awhile so I couldn’t renew them after AP sales stopped. The biggest hitch though is that we’ll be back for a 2-week stay 11 months after that (I hope, anyways!)... so, if I pay for tickets for this small trip, I could’ve nearly paid for their FL weekday AP’s which would cover the next big trip as well. We’ll either be having A LOT of resort time, or I’ll need to reschedule for when AP’s are back on sale. 🥺

I posted this on another thread, but it should probably go on this one...

We used to go twice a year from 2000-2015, then once a year until 2019 and this is the first year in 20 that we will not make it to WDW (although I am contemplating a Dec visit). We are from Texas.

I will say, the trend over the years has been slightly less and less enjoyable from one year to the next. Even though we now can afford more things, relatively speaking, WDW still seems like it has become more expensive - and the enjoyment factor has gone down bit by bit over the years. And its not because we have changed (other than age) - it is longer waits, more transportation logistics, bigger crowds, higher costs, fewer perks, etc. Although we still enjoy going, it certainly is not like it used to be

We just returned from a week at WDW with sore ears :). I have to say, I really hope by next Spring the masks are gone but unless the AP's return - mask or no - Spring will be resort only. Unfortunately, I think DH is joining the OP in enjoyment level.

Good luck with a speedy sale of your contract. Glad to hear you and your family has had many memorable vacations with DVC.

We bought direct at the VGC in 2010 when our kids were five years old and under for quick staycations since we live 10 minutes from Disneyland. Last year we bought a resale Aulani contract so that we can book 11 months out since it seems to be harder to book during the summer months now. Our family has never been to Disney World but we plan to make a trip out there soon. I think any popular vacation spot is going to be an expensive trip, so we plan accordingly. We are repeat annual Disneyland pass holders so we know how expensive everything is at the parks but we go to make more wonderful memories with our family.

We feel that DVC has afforded us great discounts on our DVC vacations that we would have otherwise not been able to visit as often or gift to family. We've been to Aulani five times (brought grandparents on a couple of trips), gifted three Aulani trips to my two brother's family, stayed at VGC three times and rented out our points four times when we were wanting to travel elsewhere. These were all done with only our VGC points though out the years. Now with our added Aulani points, I hope in the future that we can combine our points to go on a huge extended family trip to a DVC destination.

The best part of being a DVC member for us is knowing that my family of five can be in one room with a full kitchen when we go to DVC destinations.

This was our first trip as DVC members and actually much cheaper, as it reduced our eating in the parks. We were pleasantly surprised that food and drinks (even with groceries) were half of last vacation. We bought one refillable cup cause DS had a stomach thing one day and I wasn’t going to pay $4.50 for an $.89 Powerade and he made good use of it. Also no car needed. We typically stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek, rented a car, if we didn’t drive from WI , and then either way had to pay for parking. Overall much less expensive and stressful. Very pleased.
It’s the dues, which for us is $329.00 per month. $3600.00 a year. That would pay for a very nice vacation wherever we wanted and no hassles with booking. Just my opinion.

DVC is a luxury product. WDW is not cheap, never was whether you own DVC or not. We were points renters , because the villas is more versatil than an hotel room. We ate breakfast in the villa, and purchased healthy snacks at groceries store.

DVC is a luxury product. WDW is not cheap, never was whether you own DVC or not. We were points renters , because the villas is more versatil than an hotel room. We ate breakfast in the villa, and purchased healthy snacks at groceries store.

True, it’s never been cheap. I guess it’s more that the value for the money isn’t what it use to be for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!