Just got home; here's where we ate

eeyore1226

Mouseketeer
We left on Friday, June 25 and came home on July 2; Mom, Dad, daughter (turned 14 on 6/27) and her best friend also 14. Two of our best meals were not on Disney propery - Olive Garden and TGI Fridays. The best meal on property was at the Magic Kingdom at the Crystal Palace. My daughter chose this restaurant for her birthday meal and it was by far the best value for the buck at WDW. The waitress brought her a cupcake with a candle after we were through eating and everyone sang happy birthday to her - they also gave her a card with the characters on it. The hostess sprinkled those shiny Mickey heads all over our table before we sat down; it was really cool. The buffet there is really, really good with a lot of hot and cold choices. We also had good meals at Tusker House in Animal Kingdom; I had the baked salmon and it was really tasty; hubby had a grilled chicken sand wich and the girls had turkey wraps. Also had good meals at the lunching pad - I think that's it's name right outside of Tomorrow land. Had a Dole whip of course always yummy :tongue: Also ate at the Mexican pavillion at Epcot not the sitdown restaurant but the smaller one on the water; it was really hot that day but there was a nice breeze off the water and it was comfy. The margaritas are to die for!! We ate at Backlot Express for lunch at MGM and it was really good and air conditioned - that became a priority for us throughout the week as the temps were in the 90's with the "real feel" about 110 degrees with the humidity. We drank a lot of lemonaide and hit just about every bathroom!!

The worst meals we had...
One was not at WDW but at Sea World; we had terrible food at the San Diego SW back in '96 and thought it couldn't get much worse but it did! The food there is just awful and overpriced. We had just ridden Kraken - their coaster so I didn't get anything thank goodness cause my husband and daughter got one slice of pizza each with a few fries and it cost them $16!! The other not so good meal was in our hotel the Animal Kingdom Lodge - hubby and I ate one meal there for dinner on our last night and it wasn't very good. I had the african stew which is served in a bread bowl; I asked the server for a fresh bowl at the one lonely one in the bin was all dried up so she got a fresh one for me but it didn't matter cause the stew was just awful. I only ate about 1/3 of it and tasted it all night - yech! Hubby just ordered a grilled chilcken sandwich which he said was alright but nothing to write home about. We found the prices and quality there to be severely lacking. Boma smelled awfully good all week but we didn't eat there.

We brought our own breakfast foods so never ate out in the morning. We also brought our own microwave popcorn and pb&j supplies for in-room snacking. Had a really good time.

Thanks for sharing. To bad you didn't get to try Boma, I think you would have liked this place. Susan

Welcome home, and thanks for the reviews!

We ate in SW last year and it was good. I don't remember the name but it was a BBQ counter service place. We never ate at Mara. But we have eaten at Boma 2x and really enjoyed it. Too bad you weren't able to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter