Just got my SWGE reservation email

I am curious, how do some people have 2 reservation times for SWGE? I thought you were only allowed 1 per 2 week period. Are the reservations more than 2 weeks apart?

Also, how did some make a hotel reservation for only 1 night? I though it was a 2 night minimum. I am just curious about these 2 things.

Been on hold over 1.5hours. A new voice notice just came on saying that they are aware of a problem and new emails will be sent. They did not say when the email would be sent. I couldn't hear it well because the volume much much lower than the rest of the hold volume. (Think Kylo Ren talking to his grandfather...)

I'll update this post if I can get the exact verbiage on another run of the notice.

EDIT: and then... I actually got connected to a live person. I can confirm that the errant arrival/departure dates are being corrected. Correspondingly, my dates for the SW:GE were corrected and the time remained the same. I put other updates on the SW:GE superthread in this forum.

Last edited:

I am curious, how do some people have 2 reservation times for SWGE? I thought you were only allowed 1 per 2 week period. Are the reservations more than 2 weeks apart?

Also, how did some make a hotel reservation for only 1 night? I though it was a 2 night minimum. I am just curious about these 2 things.

I dont know where you got that info but I have been following all the Star Wars Galaxys Edge news and havent seen any of that

1. Husband books 2 days at Paradise Pier, Wife books 2 days at Paradise Pier, total of 4 night stay for 2 people, but different reservations, different emails, different payment methods

2. Im looking after the June 2019 Check In thread and many people have booked a 1 night at an onsite hotel specifically just to get their Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation

I dont know where you got that info but I have been following all the Star Wars Galaxys Edge news and havent seen any of that

1. Husband books 2 days at Paradise Pier, Wife books 2 days at Paradise Pier, total of 4 night stay for 2 people, but different reservations, different emails, different payment methods

2. Im looking after the June 2019 Check In thread and many people have booked a 1 night at an onsite hotel specifically just to get their Star Wars Galaxys Edge reservation

Oh, ok. I saw a couple people mention they had a reservation for one night, and I though it was for opening weekend. As for going more than once in the opening 2 weeks I thought I saw they were not going to allow that?

Mine is for May 30th and our check in days are wrong. I’m on hold now making sure it won’t mess us up when we arrive.
This is my situation exactly. Have you heard yet? (I’ll keep reading the thread in case you reported back..)

I finally got through and spoke to a live person. I am confirmed for May 31 at 8am and will receive an email very soon.

Oh, ok. I saw a couple people mention they had a reservation for one night, and I though it was for opening weekend. As for going more than once in the opening 2 weeks I thought I saw they were not going to allow that?

not just for opening weekend, all throughout the period May 31 to June 23.

Have you added your dates, on the June 2019 thread so that I can add you to the list

Correct Disney dont want double dipping during the reservation period, HOWEVER, they have no way of knowing its double dipping if multiple people in the same party make consecutive reservations using different names, payment methods etc. That just shows as 2 separate reservations

I should’ve kept reading ... thank you to everyone who waited on the phone and have now given updates.

I’ll just add that our reservation is (apparently) from 2 - 6 on the 31st. I haven’t seen anyone else with times that late in the day (and read above someone wondering if hotel reservations would be before noon.)

I booked 5/30-6/2 at DLH. Later I wanted to move to GCH, but the night of 5/30 wasn’t available at GCH. So I split my stay, 1 night at DLH & 2 nights at GCH. I was sent a reservation for both. I never heard anything, from any source, indicating that the stay had to be more than 1 night. And although I did hear people theorize that you couldn’t go more than once in a certain time period, that was all conjecture. I never saw anything from Disney that stated that.

Still in my case it was just luck that I split the dates & got the 2 reservations. I knew other people booked split stays like mine hoping for 2, but I didn’t realize some people were booking multiple rooms in the same time period. That work around would be too rich for my blood.

I am NOT Happy!!!!! They put ours on our arrival/check in day before our flight even arrives. They did the same for my friend who comes in a few days after we do!!!

UPDATE--- They also have my resort arrival date wrong--- the Star Wars reservation shows our resort reservation a day earlier than it is! My friend looked and they did the same on hers!!!
Exact same issue here. 8am on our arrival day. Went back and looked and our reservation dates shown in the email are off by a day. Line has been busy, so i'm guessing there are tons of issues.

I just spoke with customer service I was on hold for 90 minutes. The dates are wrong, but they hope to send correct emails starting at 12:00 PM PDT today. It's passed that here now in Los Angeles and I still do not have an updated email reservation.

I also have the email for the wrong dates - showing June 1st arrival , I'm there June 2nd-5th and my reservation was dated for June 2nd at 8am-12noon which would be fine if I wasn't flying in that morning lol. However as many have stated above the issue is a glitch so I'll give it a day since I'm at Disneyland currently anyway.

I never saw confirmation of the 2week rumor, although we have yet to receive the information for the No-Cost reservation that will post on May 2nd. I didn't have any restriction on reserving for one night only; I reserved around a week after the opening date announcement.

I want to know how they are going to enforce the time period. Aren't they predicting 6 hours lines and offering bathroom passes? If I have a reservation that ends at noon, and I join a line for an attraction at 11:30 am, can they really force me out of the line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter