Just Got WLV Studio - 10/15/07 - UPDATE now AKV

rlduvall

DIS Veteran
Can you believe it!!! :love:

We are going to Universal and staying 3 nights at Hard Rock Hotel before heading to Disney's HH for 3 nights. Just for grins, I called this morning to see if there were any studios available for our last night in Orlando (10/15), instead of staying 3 full nights at Hard Rock Hotel. I wanted AKV, but nearly fell out of my chair when she said Wilderness Lodge was available. I can't believe my luck. :banana: :banana: And since Hard Rock wouldn't allow a 2 night stay, I had to move us over to Portofino Bay Hotel for $10. more a night (bigger room, luxurious bath). Oh, poor pitiful me. ;)

Edited: Had waitlisted for any possible studio at AKV, except for Concierge. Value and standard studio would have put a few points in holding - that I would lose because I couldn't use them in time. Today I checked and my waitlist came through and I actually got AKV Savannah view - so I didn't lose a point. :cloud9: :cloud9:

Your last night will be at VWL? That will leave you hungry for more! Enjoy!!!
Bobbi:goodvibes

Enjoy your savannah view!!! We enjoyed ours tremendously, last month!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Thanks, Bobbi. I was really nervous about WLV only because my 19 year old stepson was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed . . . and I have heard bad things about those because they are still the old style. I know AKV has the new ones. And now my DS8 can look at the animals from the balcony. I can't believe I am so excited over one little night.

Thanks, Bobbi. I was really nervous about WLV only because my 19 year old stepson was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed . . . and I have heard bad things about those because they are still the old style. I know AKV has the new ones. Now he won't dislike me. ;)

Well, GOOD! We opened up the sofa bed in our studio, and it did look as if it would be comfortable. Also, we have young DGC and I'm glad to say that the way it did open, the sides were snug against the matress, and if the little kids ever slept on one, it looked as if they couldn't fall into the "works."

Also, I loved the pool in the AKV, and the fact that it was known to be opened around the clock. It's a large pool, and under the cloudy sky one evening (I just imagined there were stars out there) DH and I had the pool to ourselves (well for a bit, people do use the pool at night!)

Bobbi

Thanks, Bobbi. I was really nervous about WLV only because my 19 year old stepson was going to have to sleep on the sofa bed . . . and I have heard bad things about those because they are still the old style. I know AKV has the new ones. And now my DS8 can look at the animals from the balcony. I can't believe I am so excited over one little night.

Congratulations - I just returned from a week in a AKV studio - SV and it was fantastic! I can personnaly(sp?) vouch for the sofa bed, I slept on it for eight nights and it was pretty comfortable:thumbsup2 . You will really enjoy AKV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter