Just Horsin' Around June Exercise Challenge

Just once, I would love to be walking in your neighborhood when you're out walking your cat! :)

:laughing: She doesn't prance down the sidewalk or anything. We usually just loop the house a couple of times, treating the back yard like one of those old Family Circus cartoons:
content.php

That's why I don't get much "real" walking done when she comes with me. She'll chase a butterfly, then lie down for a minute, then wander around a little...

:laughing: She doesn't prance down the sidewalk or anything. We usually just loop the house a couple of times, treating the back yard like one of those old Family Circus cartoons:
content.php

That's why I don't get much "real" walking done when she comes with me. She'll chase a butterfly, then lie down for a minute, then wander around a little...

:rotfl2:

Congrats to lovesmurfs for reaching Trotting Orange and to piglet1979 for being the first to reach Gaiting Purple!!! :upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow:-):upsidedow

s-l300.jpg

Maximus the horse stole hearts in Tangled without ever saying a word. He's the horse of the Captain of the Palace Guards of Corona at the start of the movie, but he ends up joining forces with Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, and Pascal by movie's end.

Screen-shot-2011-10-06-at-10.58.50-AM.png

Images from The Art of Tangled

Maximus is the work of animators Glen Keane, Jin Kim, and Marc Smith. According to Jin Kim, they based Maximus on an Andalusian, a Spanish horse breed known for its beauty, intelligence, and loyal temperament.

If you haven't yet seen Tangled, you can meet Maximus here:

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-11_22-43-0.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-11_22-43-0.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2018-6-11_22-43-44.jpeg
    upload_2018-6-11_22-43-44.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 2
I love Tangled. It was a favorite of DD's until Frozen came out and then Frozen got the boot when Moana came out. I do miss watching Tangled with DD.

Yesterday I did pretty good despite the busy afternoon I had. I walked in the morning, during DD's appointment and during DS's baseball game. I got a total of 86 minutes. With how good things are going this month I think next month I will move up my time again.

809/1350

Yesterday we walked around Central London on a "scavenger hunt" for 2 and a half hours. It was a little warm, but otherwise the weather was perfect and I got to ride the "tube" for the first time.

This morning we went to try to meet people in the shopping center near where we staying. We were able to have a very good conversation with a woman from Afghanistan in the Starbucks! We walked around for about a half an hour before that though. Then my husband and I went out this afternoon to explore, so I'll count a half an hour of walking from that.

Altogether adding 210 minutes.

425/600

Elizabeth Smith has reached Gaiting Purple! Super job! :figment::figment::figment:

original-9201-1437500231-7.png

Bonus points if anyone can guess who this horse is!

It's Abu from Aladdin! For a brief moment during the movie, Abu is turned into a horse. Otherwise, he's Aladdin's mischievous monkey sidekick. In horse form, Abu's mane and tail are so luxurious, they remind me of a Gypsy Vanner, though I've never seen one with such curls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter