Just joined Weight Watchers

Hey everybody! It’s been awhile since we all checked in. How are you doing?

Where do you live and How is the weather in your world?

We’re in Alabama. Spring break starts today, and we’re going camping, probably in the rain. I don’t have a good meal plan but I have to stay on plan for the week so I can wear my Easter dress!

I’ve been babysitting remodelers at our house, so workouts have been nonexistent. Looking forward to getting outside.

Canadian here, central British Columbia.
The last week hasn’t been good for me, as I’ve gotten lazy with my meal prep. We’re leaving for WDW in 2 days and I plan to enjoy my vacation, treats included! Back on the WW wagon when we return in April!!

I live in Maine.. hopefully spring will arrive soon here!
I've been doing ok I guess, I have lost a total of 1 lbs in the 5 weeks but it's because I am not moving yet.. I plan to add some in come April 2nd.. I wanted to get the eating on plan under my belt first.. My hubs on the other hand has been doing great lost 11.4 so far.
Our WI day is Saturday am so we've modified our eating plan to not include pizza on Friday night any longer (swapped to Sunday) .. I have been watching a few Vlogers on YouTube about freestyle and find them quite interesting and helpful.
@22Tink have a great vacation and Enjoy everything (food, weather - sunny and the F & G fest)

I live in NE Ohio. I've lost 11 pounds total since January 5th. It's been sunny around here, but REALLY cold still. Hoping to lose 8-10 more pounds before our May Disney vacation.

I live in NE Ohio. I've lost 11 pounds total since January 5th. It's been sunny around here, but REALLY cold still. Hoping to lose 8-10 more pounds before our May Disney vacation.
Hey neighbor! I'm from NE Ohio as well.
Not a great week for me, but the idea of spring break here in a couple weeks makes me happy. Planning some early morning runs and planning out meals.

Joining! Hi everyone! I just found this thread today. I re-joined WW about 4 weeks ago, but have not made much progress yet. I knew that there were going to be some weeks that were challenging when I started, due to previous plans, but there was a great deal on at the time for 3 months meetings & online. Now those previous commitments are over, so it's time to really start applying the plan! I've done WW in the past under different programs, and the most I've lost is around 30 lbs. Unfortunately I did not keep up with the plan, or the exercising, and gained that back and more! My biggest challenges are usually planning ahead for meals and snacks, and making sure I track. I've got a trip to WDW planned for May, so I'm using that for my short-term goal and hope to be down 10-15 lbs. by then. I've already read some great advice on this thread and look forward to continuing to hear how everyone is doing on their journey!

Hi everyone :wave: from Louisiana (just outside of New Orleans). It's very spring like here in the 70's today.
I'm down 10.4 pounds in 5 weeks. I have to say I'm loving the new program. I've done WW on and off through the years but for some reason this time my heads in the game and I'm excited about it.

Camping was great and the weather held. It was so nice to be unplugged and get outside! We kept it short. I tried to eat my usual snacks and keep my portions reasonable. I did indulge in some macaroni and cheese, s'mores, and too much wine. And bacon/sausage for breakfast. I did not track a single bite. I'm going to call it and say all my weeklies are gone and try to eat at my low end for 2 days. I know that's not sustainable on maintenance. I have to get used to tracking even when it's not convenient and I know I will go negative for the week! Maybe I"ll get back in the tracker and just guess for the exercise of making that a habit.

Oh, and have I mentioned that WDW trip in my signature is canceled/postponed?! We're heading to the beach with family, so WDW has to wait until maybe next spring.

ETA: I did it! Went back and tracked the best that I could remember. I'm at -64 for the week with 2 days left till WI. The kicker is that I made good choices with my meals. Where I went overboard was the extra glass of wine each day that I didn't need, and the desserts. I'm glad I did it so I could see where my pitfalls are.

Last edited:
BlueFairy good for you for going back and tracking everything and being accountable. Real life happens and we aren't always going to follow the plan exactly. The thing is you had your fun weekend and got right back on. I've always said I'd do my best everyday but when it's a special birthday celebration or anniversary or holiday I'm going to enjoy it. I hope we all have an awesome week.

BlueFairy good for you for going back and tracking everything and being accountable. Real life happens and we aren't always going to follow the plan exactly. The thing is you had your fun weekend and got right back on. I've always said I'd do my best everyday but when it's a special birthday celebration or anniversary or holiday I'm going to enjoy it. I hope we all have an awesome week.

Thanks! After all of that, I had a 1.5 lb loss this week!! And my dress that I want to wear for Easter fits! Hope everyone has a blessed weekend.

Just checking in.

Since I'm in Weight Watchers at Work, we meet on Thursdays after school. I haven't been weighed in in a while:
- One Thursday I called in sick.
- the next we had a snow day.
- Last week and this week are both part of Easter vacation-- no school.

So next week's weigh in will be after a month's absence. That month included both St. Patrick's Day (and I have a serious addiction to Irish Soda Bread. With raisins. And butter) and Easter Sunday.

But I'm back on the wagon, hoping to see some progress.

The good news is that the 2 bathing suits I ordered a while ago arrived, and I love them both. I haven't tried them on yet- I went down a size- but I will sometime soon. And the dress I wore on Easter was one I bought in the late summer, then put away for the winter. It looks SO MUCH better on me now!!! And my mom and the 2 sisters who were visiting all noticed ;)

Last edited:
We just got home from 11 days at WDW and I’m not even stepping on the scale. The amount of treats I ate there was embarrassing!! :oops: Tomorrow I’m going to do a healthy grocery shop and get back on the wagon.

No loss this week, but some NSVs ...

I can feel a difference in my hips and ribs. I know another loss is coming soon.

I’ve been super irritable. But instead of self-medicating with food and self sabotaging, I’ve been inclined to find other ways to deal with managing the stress.

Got outside for walking 4 of 5 days this week.

In Disney news, our August trip is canceled. It’s time to rebook that for spring break 2019. But DH surprised me with a conference in Anaheim at the end of May!!!! Disneyland here we come!!!!

Aren't NSV's the best! I have worn an XL shirt for what seems like forever. About two weeks ago I was shopping with my daughters in a boutique that doesn't even carry XL tops. I found a shirt I loved and tried it on just for kicks. Well it fit! It was a little more than I wanted to spend but I didn't care. This girl bought a large. What a great feeling going down a size is. :cool1:

I just found this thread today - the same day I decided to re-join WW after 10 years. I hope you don't mind if I tag along for your journey! I sell Pampered Chef, and I'm tired of standing up in front of parties and feeling like the cliche' "fat" chef. I'll attend my first meeting and weigh-in on Tuesday.

I just found this thread today - the same day I decided to re-join WW after 10 years. I hope you don't mind if I tag along for your journey! I sell Pampered Chef, and I'm tired of standing up in front of parties and feeling like the cliche' "fat" chef. I'll attend my first meeting and weigh-in on Tuesday.
Good luck with the weigh-in

SO frustrated after yesterday ... I had 5 great days on plan. Managed Sunday dinner at my sisters house without going in the negative. So DH says “let’s have Mexican for supper.” We tried a new place and I ordered badly, ate the chips, and the portions were huge. We all felt miserable all evening. Still feeling gross this morning. I guess it’s a good motivator for the future.

SO frustrated after yesterday ... I had 5 great days on plan. Managed Sunday dinner at my sisters house without going in the negative. So DH says “let’s have Mexican for supper.” We tried a new place and I ordered badly, ate the chips, and the portions were huge. We all felt miserable all evening. Still feeling gross this morning. I guess it’s a good motivator for the future.

I know EXACTLY what you mean! That bloaty ate too much restaurant feeling. We LOVE going out to eat, but now when we do I decided to try and make a version of the same thing at home if we really like something and when I do I feel so much better. We have a local Mexican restaurant and we would share fajitas there a bunch in the past. One day I decided to buy the little fajita pans and now we have fajita night with homemade guac probably every other week and I don't get that bloaty "all I want to do is chug water for the rest of the night" feeling. My daughter loves it because we put everything in the middle of the table just like at the restaurant and assemble it ourselves. My DH agrees we finish feeling WAY better than when we leave the restaurant.

Yes, definitely a good future motivator!

I know EXACTLY what you mean! That bloaty ate too much restaurant feeling. We LOVE going out to eat, but now when we do I decided to try and make a version of the same thing at home if we really like something and when I do I feel so much better. We have a local Mexican restaurant and we would share fajitas there a bunch in the past. One day I decided to buy the little fajita pans and now we have fajita night with homemade guac probably every other week and I don't get that bloaty "all I want to do is chug water for the rest of the night" feeling. My daughter loves it because we put everything in the middle of the table just like at the restaurant and assemble it ourselves. My DH agrees we finish feeling WAY better than when we leave the restaurant.

Yes, definitely a good future motivator!

Yes! But i have managed to find substitutes at our favorites and avoid feeling miserable. We just got too in-the-moment yesterday. Trying something new and going in without a plan we’re a bad combination.

I will remember that ‘make it at home’ trick in the future! I love it!

Here's my solution for eating Mexican:

I order a frajita, and eat just one, along with the extra meat/peppers/onions. I sprinkle on just a little cheese, and plop just a little sour cream, then mix it all up.

I leave full, but with a reasonable use of points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!