• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just made reservations at Jiko!

JasonDVC

DIS Veteran
I just made reservations at Jiko for my DW and I for this coming Saturday the 24th. This will be our only signature dining experience of the trip and we aree making it our "date night".

I have to say I am really looking forward to it! :thumbsup2

I am going to go check out the menu again right now. Any reccomendations as to what I should order? I am not an overly picky eater.

TIA

Try the ostrich filet appetizer, it's awesome. Be sure and try one of the South African wines, too. I think the one I like has the word "fusion" in the name. They'll know what you're talking about.

Just wanted to say congrats on your ressie!!!! Very exciting!!! Your trip is so close!!!! :cool1::cool1::yay::yay: I can't recommend anything because we haven't tried it yet (we are headed there on the last night of our trip in june:thumbsup2), but I've heard the Oak fired filet mignon is delicious. We also loved the look of the bbq chicken flatbread appetizer. Also the pistachio creme brulee with chocolate bottom looks to die for. Congrats and have a great trip!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Get the goat cheese mashed potatoes!!

I mentioned this to my wife yesterday as she is much more of mashed potato fan than I am...she just gave this odd look as if to say "goat cheese?" I laughed! I bet she'll try them and enjoy them!

BTW...looks like we are just going to miss each other on our trips. Have fun! :thumbsup2

A bottle of the South African red -- cabernet, pinot or merlot -- is an outstanding accent to the meal. We go to Jiko's for their wine selection as much as we do their food...

I mentioned this to my wife yesterday as she is much more of mashed potato fan than I am...she just gave this odd look as if to say "goat cheese?" I laughed! I bet she'll try them and enjoy them!

BTW...looks like we are just going to miss each other on our trips. Have fun! :thumbsup2

DH was wary of the potatoes at first too and even he loved them.

Have fun at Kidani!! 11 days for us! :)

We loved Jiko so much during our last trip that we canceled a reservation elsewhere to eat at Jiko again!

Our first visit...
I had the Cucumber, Tomato, and Onion salad, the Oak Grilled Filet, and this heavenly lemon curd dessert w/ sour cream ice cream and fresh blueberries.
My DH had the BBQ Chicken flatbread, the Oak Grilled Filet, and Pistachio Creme Brulee.

Our second visit...
I had the same entree + dessert but opted for the Trio of African dips as my appetizer and it was SO good.
My DH had the same appetizer & entree and then went for a white chocolate cheesecake.

We're really looking forward to dining there again come October!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter