Just off the plane - Viva Italia trip

Thank you Toby for all of the wonderful information about your trip! We are leaving on the 9/21 trip and are so excited to go! My main concern about being over there is the pickpocketing. I'm still trying to decide what is the best way to carry our cash, credit cards etc. Glad to hear you didn't have any problems!
Thanks again for sharing!

I did not check the bag, it was a carry on. I just was nervous about the pottery getting smashed. I'm so envious of you guys. You're in for the trip of a lifetime, believe me. :thumbsup2

Toby, Did you have any problems with pickpockets on your trip? Or did anyone in your group have problems? Since we are taking our first ABD trip in June (Backstage Magic) as our let's check this out trip before we plan a 2nd ABD to Italy your first hand information of the Italy trip has been great and I'm interested to learn everything good and bad.

:goodvibes Glad you enjoyed your Viva Italia tour. I went on the tour last summer and had a blast to.:)

We leave for Viva Italia August 25th! We are doing 2 pre nights so we can see Pompeii and the coast. I am SO exicted. Thanks for your info! Does anyone know if our breakfast will be included at the hotel if we booked the pre nights with Disney? :banana: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Thanks so much for this great info! What great details and just in time for my trip. I am leaving on Wednesday for this tour. I just finished packing and am tending to loose ends now - until I got sidetracked on the DIS that is!

I'm SO excited! After the Italy tour we're taking the train to Aix en Provence to do the France tour, then heading to Disneyland Paris. It's a dream vacation!

I plan to take lots of photos. Was there anywhere that they didn't allow photography? Any suggestions for photo ops not to miss?

One other question - did they have internet access in the hotels? Wireless? If not, do they provide the cable?

In Rome, our hotel charged $3 euros for 1 hour use. Also, in the villa in Tuscany, there is a computer free of charge, and in Venice, you have Internet Cafes that charge about $5 euros for a 1/2 hour. The hotel does not have free internet.

We leave for Viva Italia August 25th! We are doing 2 pre nights so we can see Pompeii and the coast. I am SO exicted. Thanks for your info! Does anyone know if our breakfast will be included at the hotel if we booked the pre nights with Disney? :banana: :yay: :dance3: :woohoo: :cheer2:

I contacted ABD about breakfast. They said that the cost of the room in Rome for pre-nights does not cover breakfast. I was bummed, but I guess I will probably be sleeping in anyway the morning after my pre-night. I only have four more months!!!! Yeah!!!

I contacted ABD about breakfast. They said that the cost of the room in Rome for pre-nights does not cover breakfast. I was bummed, but I guess I will probably be sleeping in anyway the morning after my pre-night. I only have four more months!!!! Yeah!!!

Thank you for checking with them. We will bring $$$$$$$$$$$ for food those extra days. Or some granola. :rotfl:

How do women usually carry their money and credit cards with them?
Do you need to bring a converter with you? Or are they supplied by Disney?
Converters for video equiptment?

Thank you, we leave for Italy on 9/24, trip 9/25 to 10/3>

Char

I just got back from Viva Italia and I carried my money in a small purse inside my messenger bag. I know some people carried money belts as well. I did not carry all my money at the same time, there is a safe in your room where you can keep some of it. I never felt scared about pickpockets, just be aware of your surroundings and don't pull out a lot of money where people can see. We took our own converters, as I don't think the hotels had them. I hope this helps and have a great time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter