Just returned--WDW & Canadian Tickets

bernadette57

Earning My Ears
FYI: We stayed on-site; booked through agent. Our tickets were loaded on our Magicbands at check in at our hotel. No passports/ID or separate validation required at parks.

FYI: We stayed on-site; booked through agent. Our tickets were loaded on our Magicbands at check in at our hotel. No passports/ID or separate validation required at parks.

I was wondering about this. Why would we need to go to Will Call when the tickets are already assigned in our MDE accounts?

Thanks for the update.

This is good to hear. I was there in August. I had to go to a tkt window but I never enquiries at the front desk. Did you ask? I'm going again in October and it would be nice to skip the tkt window.

I went to Disney Springs yesterday to activate my tickets and the CM did ask for our passports. Just hope Disney can be more consistent, so we know for sure what the process would be.

OP just to clarify, you had Canadian discounted tickets on your package not regular tickets?

So confusing. We go in Nov and I was planning to take the bus to Disney Springs after our flight lands at 4:30. I would prefer not to have to drag down since I'll be up from 3:00AM Pacific time to be at the airport. And just spend the time grabbing a bite to eat at resort and unpacking. Try to get to sleep early for first full day at the parks. So difficult adjusting to EST!!

it will be interesting when we go to use ours over then next few years. Was able to load up for about 4 years worth. Wondering if they will be consistent, or even if we might be able to bridge down the road when its not so new.

This is the first report I have seen of someone NOT needing to validate/show Canadian ID. I used these tickets in March (and have 3 more for a future trip), they were loaded onto MDE and I still had to show passports at the park before entering. When I arrived at the resort the CM checking us in was very clear that the tickets had to be validated with passports at a park guest services counter. Just for the purpose of reporting back here I stopped at the Concierge the following morning and asked about validating the tickets. I got the exact same info as the night before. The only difference being the Concierge said I could go to either guest services or any available ticket sales window(which I already knew).

The validation process took no more than 5 minutes. We walked right up to an available ticket window because the guest services line was really long. The CM took the vouchers, had a look at our passports, gave us the plastic tickets and then checked our magicbands at my request.

So confusing. We go in Nov and I was planning to take the bus to Disney Springs after our flight lands at 4:30. I would prefer not to have to drag down since I'll be up from 3:00AM Pacific time to be at the airport. And just spend the time grabbing a bite to eat at resort and unpacking. Try to get to sleep early for first full day at the parks. So difficult adjusting to EST!!

Don't bother going out on your arrival day to do the validation. Just head out 15-20 minutes earlier in the morning and do it then.

I wouldn't suggest to anyone that they scrap their plans to bring their passports until we heard from MANY people that they weren't necessary. We leave this week and three of our four tickets are the CDN resident tickets. We plan to go to Downtown Disney on arrival day and activate them there. Our first park day is Animal Kingdom and we are rope dropping Flight of Passage.. getting to the front of the rope drop crowd will be imperative, so we need to do it the night before.

I wouldn't suggest to anyone that they scrap their plans to bring their passports until we heard from MANY people that they weren't necessary. We leave this week and three of our four tickets are the CDN resident tickets. We plan to go to Downtown Disney on arrival day and activate them there. Our first park day is Animal Kingdom and we are rope dropping Flight of Passage.. getting to the front of the rope drop crowd will be imperative, so we need to do it the night before.
Us too! Can't wait to see it. From what I've read, you need to be at the park an hour before RD. Please report your RD experience!

I can confirm same, we just stayed last week and were only required to show ID at check-in same as usual.
Our tickets were loaded on our Magic bands/MDE.

We just arrived today and we had to go to the park to have our tickets activated (or guest services). We were planning on going to HS anyway, so not a big deal. It was very quick and we did not have to wait at all.

We had to show our passports yesterday. Then carryvthem around the park all evening! But kiddo had the best time so it worked out

First I've heard of this. Which resort did you stay at? I would love not having to do it at the ticket window as it took forever in March when we did it (at MK).

I would be very interested to hear more also. Our flight leaves at 7am PST and we won't get in until about 7pm. EST. Our first day was to be AK for rope drop.

We are heading down on Sunday. Our Canadian price tickets are visible in MDE but we still need to stop by guest services/ticket window right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!