"Just the Castle" Book

SharonLovesMickey

Mouseketeer
We are planning our next trip to Disney in February and I was thinking about how we really didn't need that requisite "photo in front of the Castle" because I have that picture....6 other times from 6 other trips...and then realized that we would HAVE to take it because it will be our daughter's first trip.

So, I think that I will make a "Just the Castle" scrapbook. I'm thinking, 8 1/2 x11....just 8x10 photos of us in front of the castle and I could put one from each trip in there. It would be a fun progression because it would include: my first trip, our Honeymoon, our Annual Vacation, My Birthday, Our Babymoon (pregnant me!), and then a picture with our daughter!

Does anyone else have "subject" albums like this from their trips?

No, but I think it is a great idea! I wanted my upcoming trip with DS to have a "theme", but he wasn't going for the idea. I originally thought that maybe out theme would be "Trying New Things", but he wasn't really interested in that. Then I thought we might try an ABC theme, but that didn't fly with him either. I would still love to think of something we could theme this trip around, but time is flying by and I haven't come up with anything yet.....P

I have a subject scrapbook I am creating now. Mine is just all of the characters I have met/taken pictures with in my past trips. I am really enjoying making it! :goodvibes

Your idea sounds lovely too! :) Hmm... may hafta steal it! :rotfl:

i want to do a "just the gas pump" book with my son. i have taken a ton of pics each trip with him and the gas pump in toon town.

I havnt actually put it together yet but have an envelope full of things for it.
I have photos dated back to September '55, to current of the Tea Cups, and hope to make an album, someday!

I havnt actually put it together yet but have an envelope full of things for it.
I have photos dated back to September '55, to current of the Tea Cups, and hope to make an album, someday!

Every one of my trips have had a different theme, but it's emerged as the trip progresses, nothing that i've planned before I go :)

How about one of those cute castle shaped albums for your castle book, Sharon? They're smaller than 8x10, but very cute. Mine is by Kaisercraft, but i've seen them by other manufacturers too.

We have a "just the castle pics" wall. I have a framed 8 x 10 of each of our trips castle picture near the front door. It is amazing to look at them and see how big my girls have really gotten! We also have a scrapbook with just the characters from 4 trips (it needs to be updated ;)).

every one of my trips have had a different theme, but it's emerged as the trip progresses, nothing that i've planned before i go :)

how about one of those cute castle shaped albums for your castle book, sharon? They're smaller than 8x10, but very cute. Mine is by kaisercraft, but i've seen them by other manufacturers too.

that castle book is the greatest thing ever!!!!!!!!!

We have a "just the castle pics" wall. I have a framed 8 x 10 of each of our trips castle picture near the front door. It is amazing to look at them and see how big my girls have really gotten! We also have a scrapbook with just the characters from 4 trips (it needs to be updated ;)).

I like the idea of the character book. I was thinking about doing something like and maybe even combining one big book of ride photos and stuff with the dates on it, but I can add to it over time, rather than making a book for each trip. I have some cool old photos of Disneyland my Dad took and then some from when I went a few times.

Our most recent trip had some "magical moments" in it and I was thinking that I could do a book just about those moments and then put the 20 character pictures somewhere else!

I guess this is the challenge we all face when we go there multiple times! :)

I think it is a great idea!

The first picture I took of DS in front of the castle was him facing it with his ears on. It quickly became one of our favorite shots...and the best part...you could not see that he was screaming because he hated the ears! :lmao:

I think it is a great idea!

The first picture I took of DS in front of the castle was him facing it with his ears on. It quickly became one of our favorite shots...and the best part...you could not see that he was screaming because he hated the ears! :lmao:

I love that picture! It helped me to remember to have the photopass guy take one of me & my girls facing the castle on our trip in March. It is my favorite picture from the trip (both of my girls are taller than I am now ;)). Thanks for the inspiration :thumbsup2

Oh no! Just what I needed, another great scrapbook idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lmao::lmao: Actually, I really love this a lot. AND....I could sneak into my MIL's photos and make her one from all the trips they've taken since 1972. Wow, that would be a treasure. Thanks for such a great idea.:thumbsup2

Okay, now I'm formulating a title page in my brain. Got any great quotes that would fit this project?

Oh, and as long as we're adding projects to the list, I've always said we need a "people we know that we see at WDW" album. We live over 1400 miles away and there never has been a trip that we didn't run into SOMEONE from home. Isn't that weird? And I do have photos of most. But, I like the castle thing better, yeah, let's do that.

No, but I think it is a great idea! I wanted my upcoming trip with DS to have a "theme", but he wasn't going for the idea. I originally thought that maybe out theme would be "Trying New Things", but he wasn't really interested in that. Then I thought we might try an ABC theme, but that didn't fly with him either. I would still love to think of something we could theme this trip around, but time is flying by and I haven't come up with anything yet.....P

My DH started a theme without really trying. He was a little shy about Disney pics until he found the hats.....You know them,.....The Gooofy Ears, Pirate Hat, Princess Cap etc etc etc.....He would try it on and Pose for me. I must have over 100 pics of him throughout the years with EVERY hats on property....So I am doing a collage of all his pics with Hats. LOVE IT.

Maybe you can get a theme without really trying.

Love the idea of a castle book.

I have a Disney Character album where I have pictures of my daughter with characters - on our next trip we will be on the lookout for any new characters that we don't have pictures of to add to the album.

I also started a Disney album for my daughter - we take a lot of trips and a lot of pictures, but I wanted one special album for her that includes all of our trips - so I decided to do one page for each park for each trip and put them in sections by park. So, I have the Magic Kingdom section which has 1 page from each trip with pictures from that park and includes castle pictures, then there is the Epcot section, Hollywood studios, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney and then I added a section for Water Parks and swimming pools. I am really liking how it is turning out and I'm enjoying working on it. :)

Kelly

oh thats great idea... you just gave me an idea of what to do with the castle chipboard album I found for $1 at Michaels. Going to do this for our castle pics. I hope you share yours sounds like a great idea!

I was also thinking that my FIL loves Epcot...a LOT. I could do a Just Epcot book for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter