Katlyn and Kevin- A Kingdom Hearts Wedding- *Wishes* Japan/LSS 09/17/17

Oh somehow I missed all the updates.

I say don't worry about the guest note. Sadly it is needed these days. I think every invitation I've gotten this year has a note similar or at least has it on their website. Just something like please note due to constraints of the venue we can not accept guests not on the invitation. I have to put something like that on mine as our venue has a very small cap and is a cabaret lounge so yeah can't just cram people in.

Sorry for the family drama. Seems weddings bring it out in full force.

The dress is coming along beautifully. You are amazing for taking on the task of making your own.

Oh I forgot to mention, I found a Paopu ring bearer pillow if you want me to link it. its on etsy.

Your invitations turned out so pretty!

And your dress! It's really starting to take shape - you are extremely talented!

Thank you! The fact that the website had these exact colors available for the invitations sealed the deal for me and Kevin. The dress is a handful but Kevin keeps reminding me that once I get through the hemming, it's all downhill from there! Detail work is a lot less stressful than hemming multiple layers of a looong skirt

I'm loving all the details you're making. I'm currently working on basic ideas for a Kingdom Hearts wedding too. :) ours is waaaayyyys away as we don't even have an engagement ring yet but I was told to have fun and worst comes, we will already have ideas when the time comes. I can't wait to see more. I'm trying to figure out how to make a Kairi themed dress.

We are trying to go about it by being low-key (or as Kevin keeps saying, low-keyBLADE) with the theme. Use a lot of normal traditional wedding stuff for the base, and sprinkle on some KH imagery, like symbols, colors, etc. For example, we're planning on naming each of the tables at the reception after different Keyblades, and attaching little key charms to the place cards. That way our friends who also like KH get to appreciate the reference while not seeming super obvious to those who don't get it. I'm sure your wedding will be amazing, and I'm excited to hear about it as you get closer!

Oh somehow I missed all the updates.

I say don't worry about the guest note. Sadly it is needed these days. I think every invitation I've gotten this year has a note similar or at least has it on their website. Just something like please note due to constraints of the venue we can not accept guests not on the invitation. I have to put something like that on mine as our venue has a very small cap and is a cabaret lounge so yeah can't just cram people in.

Sorry for the family drama. Seems weddings bring it out in full force.

The dress is coming along beautifully. You are amazing for taking on the task of making your own.

Yeah, it's just one of those things that people just have to deal with. It's 2017! :upsidedow

As for the family drama, Kevin's family is Irish, so bigger gatherings just come with the territory, I guess. I'm sorry that he has to deal with keeping them in check on a more regular basis! :P

And thank you! It's slow work but it's coming along.

Oh I forgot to mention, I found a Paopu ring bearer pillow if you want me to link it. its on etsy.

I think we actually found that same one! I bought one and had it mailed back to my home in America. Thanks though! :D

everyone i know either knows kh or knows that I've been a gamer for my whole life and am a bit eccentric, and my immediate family is the reason I got to play KH1 in the first place. I plan to supplement what I can't Kingdom Hearts up with Tangled.

Great pun, btw, my boyfriend nearly died laughing. We pun around a lot.

My plan for the tables is naming them after the different worlds and theme-ing them lightly to that world. I also plan to use little origami wishing stars as confetti and leave them on the tables in inspiration for the paopu and lux stars from KHUX. I'm also thinking of turning the Keyblade inheritance or Kairi's letter into wedding vows, but that's going slowly. As for where, we are looking at Epcot Japan, the wedding pavilion, and maybe the luau beach if no one wants to make the trip.

The wedding dress is looking amazing. <3 keep it up.

Your ideas sound really cute! We have been talking with our friend who's officiating about also making the inheritance poem into our Vows. I've modified it to this version and am still figuring out where it goes...

On your hand, take this ring. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking, its holder you shall always be. And you will find that no ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below, or above, so long as you champion the one you love.

We want to use Kairi's letter as a reading, or maybe something else.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm trying to go fast as I can so I can maybe relax before the wedding just a bit.

im currently at my dad's for easter but when i get home, i'll type up what we have for kairi's letter vows (im warning you now, i had the idea when i was sleepy, it flowed through the whole thing, and now im trying to recreate it XD). i'm totally gonna steal your vows btw. Dave watches me play KH and i'm going in release HD order. We're currently on 2 so next is BBS if i'm not mistaken and still recovering from being the easter bunny at my dad's church (just a little toasty today for being in a velvet hood and wool dress). i'm expecting him to like Terra and Ven and i'm really wanting him to start coming up with ideas with me.

ok here we go. finally home after that mess and the cat is occupied trying to find the laser pointer that i just brought home and not on my keyboard:

Thinking of us, now that we're here (or just we're finally here)
we've prayed for (blank because im still working it out, might become "ive prayed for your sorrows to end")
and hoped that our hearts would blend.
now we've
(finally?) stepped forward to realize (this/our) wish
And who knows? starting
(this/our) journey together may not be so hard
its already begun
There are many worlds
but today we stand under our sky.
Our Sky, Our Destiny.

also, i found an idea that i thought was perfect for a kh wedding; writing a love note to each other to be read before the reception in a bottle. I'm already all on board and am planning to get another bottle of the grenadine that I used for my Kairi cosplay's message bottles for him. i might stick a few in there for him.

also also, sorry i keep posting a million times. I'm excitable and love to share.

Feel free to post as much as you want! I love hearing your ideas and we can steal back and forth from each other so its great! Your version of Kairi's letter sounds great so far. I gotta sit down with our officiant and get him in on all the kingdom hearts poems and lines we like soon.

We're leaving for America tomorrow morning, but starting the journey tonight by going to Hiroshima soon as I get out of work. Four buses, a Shinkansen, three planes, and a car ride till we get home to America! Kevin's going to NY while I stay in Connecticut, so we can multitask. I'll be getting some wedding accessories I need and getting my ears re-pierced, along with helping get invitations ready to send out soon. Kevin is going to meet with his groomsmen for the suit fittings and talk to his mom about the rehearsal dinner.

And on Monday we'll be headed to Disney in the morning!

Currently our Schedule looks like...

Monday
Fly in to Disney and head to the Yacht Club to check in, spen the afternoon at the pool and the evening at Disney Springs.

Tuesday
Epcot Day!
Dinner at Marrakesh

Wednesday
Morning Hair and Makeup Trial
Rest of the Day at Magic Kingdom
Dinner at Liberty Tavern

Thursday
Planning Session Day!
Planning in the Morning
Menu Tasting in the afternoon
Dinner at Chefs de France

Friday
Animal Kingdom Day
Breakfast at Tusker House
Turn in early to prepare for the long trip back

Saturday
Fly out of Orlando early back to Japan:sad1:

I'm excited to get a break and speak some English outside the classroom again. The dress is staying home but it awaits me to return and add more and more beading and embroidery detailing.

sweets! my latest idea was to start with the ideas on the wedding favor things. I plan to get a bunch of little bottles, star origami things (wishing star strips that i think are from korea?) and make one for each of the things that led us together. I want to write up a note with a guide on them and put that in the bottle too. so far we have

Naruto - Orange
supernatural - black
the wedding colors
marvel
magic the gathering
borderlands - red
Kingdom Hearts
Family Guy
Cherry blossoms

plus anything else that we may have in the mean time. I wanna add a charm in the shape of the seasalt ice cream bars.

we're also wanting to get few tiny colored chocolate paopu for the cake to share along with the cake and we're thinking of adding 2 little figures of Konan and Hidan from Naruto to where it looks like they are hiding under the cake a little, since they were our first cosplay together.

you guys are gonna be busy. since we live in Delaware, i've been trying to figure out how to get everything done in a few days in one visit to WDW without going to any parks. we would drive down and then back over probably 5 days. the real issue would be trying to get one of the wedding party to tag along or one of my parents. if we managed it during the summer, maybe my little cousin who ive got on the list for maid of honor candidates and my aunt since she would be out of school.

my issue with picking a M.O.H. is that my sister hates me and would wanna run the wedding to the point my brides maids would be wearing pink, my cousin is 6 years younger than me and wouldnt be a good back up voice of reason, my senpai has horrible communication, and my bff is a total airhead and wouldnt know what to do lol. but i figure ive got at least 2 years to figure it out, and everyone else is out of state and couldnt help me with stuff because their lives are chaos.

Our KH wedding is a month away! Your dress came out beautifully and I love the idea of using the inheritance ceremony during the vows. If we want to bounce off ideas and share I typed up this version I may incorporate as well.

In your hand, take this ring. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking, a partner you shall always be. And when you find love within--no ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below, or above, So long as you champion the one you love.

We incorporated Kairi's letter onto a mirror for our wedding sign since we use it as a tag line.

There are many worlds, but we join at this wedding--
One wedding, one destiny.

I can't wait to share pictures and see how everything turns out for yours! Good luck!

Last edited:
Aaaaaaand we're back! I was waiting to post about the trip till the BEO arrived and it just arrived this morning! We're still waiting on the floral but I can't wait anymore.

The trip was amazing and it was nice to be back in America after so long away. The two days we were home before the Disney part of the trip we ran around getting errands done and had no time to rest. I was exhausted on the flight and glad to get to the Yacht Club. We had to get our Magic Band situation fixed because my parents arranged the trip on their account and we had our magic bands set up on a different account. The concierge were super helpful and nice while we waited. Club level is great but we shouldn't have done a meal plan with it. We spent most of the trip stuffed and not taking advantage enough of the club level free food and drinks.

The first night we wandered around Disney Springs and enjoyed the refurbishment that happened since we last visited in 2014. Kevin was on a shorts quest because he bought the wrong size shorts the day before the trip because I wasn't with him to check the tags. Thank goodness for Columbia Sportswear having his size! We also looked at the jewelry stores some for wedding band ideas. We saw neat things but they ended up being way out of our price range.

Tuesday was our rainy day at Epcot, and it was pouring rain off and off all morning but we didn't let it stop us. The World Showcase paths were practically rivers and I just gave up at one point and splashed my way through kicking up water. The good things is the rain kept most people out of the areas so we got to really look at the Japan pavilion in a semi-empty state. I practiced walking down the "aisle" to see about how long it is. We also went to Italy Isola to see the dessert area in a practically empty state. Lunch was at Sommerfest and they really need to have some more indoor seating, with the rain we ate using the condiments counter backside as a table. We also ran into a Japanese couple in Tokyo Disney shirts there; a reminder of home. :D

We had a very relaxed day and did a drinking around the world challenge, which ended with dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh in Morocco. My favorite was the ice wine in Canada, and Kevin really loved the horchata in Mexico. It's really not too bad if you start early and spread the drinks out with plenty of water in between. :p

Wednesday started out great but unfortunately ended badly. I had my hair and makeup trial in the morning with Fairytale Hair and Makeup. They did a nice natural makeup look and a rough version of my hairstyle so we could take it down quickly after and style it for a more casual look. I'm so excited for the real thing in September.
21083622_10155320036098141_7690026970196526618_o.jpg
21083762_10155320038308141_1457202504171456071_o.jpg
21246229_10155320038373141_833909161790538876_o.jpg

It was a Magic Kingdom Day with extra magic hours in the evening. We went to Space Mountain a few times and I was starting to feel anxious about wedding things and having to travel back to Japan in a few days. Kevin was comforting me but on our 2nd time on Space Mountain, he got too pumped from the adrenaline and he knocked his glasses off in the end tunnel. He was (of course) very upset by this, and we switched modes with me comforting him instead. We never ended up getting the glasses back even with reporting it immediately and checking lost and found every day we were there and leaving our phone information. His glasses company really didn't want to give us the prescription either and it was just a huge mess. He struggled through for the last two days without glasses (he's nearsighted so we held stuff up close for him.) I felt really bad for him the whole time. He has his backup glasses now that we are home at least.

:jumping1:Thursday was THE DAY!:jumping1:
We headed over to Franck's Studio after some guidance from the nice folks at the Grand Floridian. We got there early but forgot to take a picture outside of the door, so we have to remember to get one next time we visit.
21199711_10155320036498141_3569354513073277696_o.jpg

My parents joined us for this day. I was glad they were there to support me and help remember things but I also did get annoyed with my mom a few times as she has a tendency to over share and talk over me; typical Mom stuff.
21125497_10155320036508141_6977937993986901402_o.jpg

Vita was super nice and helpful and great for working with us and our requests. I gave her some snacks from Yamaguchi-ken as a gift before we started talking about everything. It was about 2 or 3 hours of talking and going through numbers and most things stayed according to my plan. I was out-voted on not having a DJ, so now that's happening. I'm nervous about it because I am picky on music, but Mom, Dad, and Kevin tried to reassure me. We also asked Vita about the KH outfits for Donald and Goofy and she got us the info, its a good deal more because of shipping so we probably won't use them, but its so tempting.:eek:

As part of the planning session, we got to do our cake tasting. All of the fillings were so tempting and we were torn between the orange and lemon cake bases, but we eventually decided on lemon cake with blackberry mousse filling. Kevin and my mom, in typical sweet-tooth fashion, fought over who got to eat the rest of the fillings when we were done.

21167371_10155320036488141_2229776314275397819_o.jpg

During our short break, instead of going for a light lunch, Kevin and I ran over to Lost and Found services and failed to get his glasses, so we were very hungry for the tasting session. We rode over with Vita to the Epcot kitchens and got a small view of behind the scenes. I tried not to look too much since I didn't want to ruin the magic or make Kevin jealous, since he was still unable to see. Everything was so delicious and Chef Carlos and Sever Greg were very informative. We casually mentioned we loved to make risotto sometimes on weekends, and they offered to make our mashed potato bar a triple combo bar for Risotto, truffle Mac and Cheese, and Smashed Potatoes:love: We loved all the food but ended up changing a few things around, like not going with the chicken Parmesan, or the potato and bacon crispy cups. We left super full and were still full when it was time for our late dinner at Chefs de France so we couldn't finish our food.
21167244_10155320036623141_1229602455945301489_o.jpg

This is the napkin fold we chose out of a variety that were on display at the table.

21122382_10155320036783141_7270937792059393242_o.jpg

The potato and bacon crispy cup things we ended up axing due to bacon overload.

21200570_10155320036828141_4331425646546350346_o.jpg

The delectable beef skewers with homemade teriyaki sauce that we forgot we requested but ended up loving. (Beef is really expensive in Japan so this was a rare delicacy for us)

21167596_10155320036838141_2705138045775870783_o.jpg

Yukon gold, pancetta, cheddar chowder soup with chive and Maui onion crouton. Kevin liked it so much he asked for a second helping.

21083649_10155320036913141_8648035418888740267_o.jpg

A sampler of entree choices including chicken Parmesan, pasta with wild mushrooms/roasted tomato confit/spinach/asiago cream sauce, maple glazed seasonal root vegetables, and truffle scented mashed potatoes. The vegetables were to die for and the pasta was amazing. The chicken Parmesan was what you'd expect, and Kevin was in love with the truffle mashed potatoes, but I could go either way with them, so I'm glad we ended up swapping it for the risotto/mac and cheese/smashed potato station.

21167578_10155320036993141_4324938166309036525_o.jpg

The only breakfast-y option we had at our brunch tasting session, brioche French toast with caramelized bananas foster. SO GOOD *drool*

Friday was Animal Kingdom, starting with breakfast at Tusker House with my family. We enjoyed the morning together but then split off so Kevin and I could go back to Disney Springs to get a few shopping things done, including getting some wedding bands. We returned to the first shop we visited at the beginning of our trip, Na Hoku. We eventually got a great deal, considering that the veteran salesman the first visit tried to get us to buy the super expensive rings, and this time we got someone who was probably a newer employee, so he quickly showed us rings that were actually in our price range.

The next morning we had to wake up SUPER early (I'm talking 2 AM here) to catch our flight back to Japan (with a "brief" layover in Canada before we reached Japan, where I found this new friend).

21083380_10155320037353141_7901457393867453618_o.jpg

Last edited:
And here's the BEO. We're trying to cut some more to get back on budget. I'm for sure cutting the English Butler and making the cake a two tier with a sheet cake. Any advice would be great!
IMG_3038_zps2bo5j8j5.jpg
IMG_3039_zpsqqpjgqtq.jpg
IMG_3040_zps9imah7lt.jpg
IMG_3041_zpsjt9lqcvv.jpg
IMG_3042_zpskotheqtz.jpg
IMG_3043_zpslsliywxg.jpg
21083149_10155320037608141_8970128025809855046_o.jpg
IMG_3045_zps70l5m9di.jpg
IMG_3046_zpsh5t1xfw9.jpg
IMG_3047_zpspijnrczw.jpg
IMG_3048_zpsaabhmdgo.jpg

Last edited:
Everything sounds so exciting! I was looking at your ceremony music and it sounds so lovely. What did you decide for the reception? This is my current plan:

Ceremony

Prelude
Destiny Islands

Boat Entrance (Groom & Groomsmen)
Blast Away! I

Processional (Mothers & Bridesmaids)
Eternal Moments

Bride Entrance
Dearly Beloved - Vitamin String Quartet cover

Recessional
Simple and Clean

Cocktail Hour

Various KH piano covers from Moisés Nieto and the official Piano Collections album.

Reception

Bridal Party Entrance
Hand in Hand

First Dance
Sanctuary - Live cover by my bridesmaid :)

Bouquet Toss
Bustin’ Up on the Beach

Cake Cutting
Sora’s Sacrifice - I needed something with the keyhole music lol

Last Dance
Simple and Clean (Ray of Hope Mix)

Farewell
Hikari (Orchestral Version)

sweets! my latest idea was to start with the ideas on the wedding favor things. I plan to get a bunch of little bottles, star origami things (wishing star strips that i think are from korea?) and make one for each of the things that led us together. I want to write up a note with a guide on them and put that in the bottle too. so far we have

Naruto - Orange
supernatural - black
the wedding colors
marvel
magic the gathering
borderlands - red
Kingdom Hearts
Family Guy
Cherry blossoms

plus anything else that we may have in the mean time. I wanna add a charm in the shape of the seasalt ice cream bars.

we're also wanting to get few tiny colored chocolate paopu for the cake to share along with the cake and we're thinking of adding 2 little figures of Konan and Hidan from Naruto to where it looks like they are hiding under the cake a little, since they were our first cosplay together.

You have some really creative ideas that will make your wedding really match your story! I love the chocolate paopu. I saw a tutorial on paopu cake pops somewhere that you reminded me of.

you guys are gonna be busy. since we live in Delaware, i've been trying to figure out how to get everything done in a few days in one visit to WDW without going to any parks. we would drive down and then back over probably 5 days. the real issue would be trying to get one of the wedding party to tag along or one of my parents. if we managed it during the summer, maybe my little cousin who ive got on the list for maid of honor candidates and my aunt since she would be out of school.

my issue with picking a M.O.H. is that my sister hates me and would wanna run the wedding to the point my brides maids would be wearing pink, my cousin is 6 years younger than me and wouldnt be a good back up voice of reason, my senpai has horrible communication, and my bff is a total airhead and wouldnt know what to do lol. but i figure ive got at least 2 years to figure it out, and everyone else is out of state and couldnt help me with stuff because their lives are chaos.

Yeah take your time to make that kind of decision and don't feel obligated to go with someone you don't want. My sister wasn't a good choice either and we do better with her in a less responsible role. If you can't pick one MOH maybe try to split up roles? My MOH is distributing jobs and responsibilities to different girls.

Our KH wedding is a month away! Your dress came out beautifully and I love the idea of using the inheritance ceremony during the vows. If we want to bounce off ideas and share I typed up this version I may incorporate as well.

In your hand, take this ring. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking, a partner you shall always be. And when you find love within--no ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below, or above, So long as you champion the one you love.

We incorporated Kairi's letter onto a mirror for our wedding sign since we use it as a tag line.

There are many worlds, but we join at this wedding--
One wedding, one destiny.

I can't wait to share pictures and see how everything turns out for yours! Good luck!

Thank you for the quotes! We've been putting together some ideas to include more quotes. Our escort cards are going to have little key heart charms on them and I want a sign up by them that says "let your heart be your guiding key... to your seat"

And for our guest book we have a blank puzzle that they can sign the piers of and there will be a sign saying

"we want to line the pieces up, yours and ours"

or something like that.

Everything sounds so exciting! I was looking at your ceremony music and it sounds so lovely. What did you decide for the reception?

For the reception we have a few choices down, but haven't finished.

Entrance song: Hikari: Ray of Hope remix

First dance: Love Like You (from Steven Universe)

We're still unsure on what song for the cake cutting since Donald and Goofy will be there, maybe one of Sora's themes?

Pre-reception and dining will be various kingdom hearts background songs and some other chill songs from movies and shows we like. Still working on this part.

Also I just put together all my wedding favors! (Sorry can't post images on mobile) Are you planning on anything?

We just bought our wedding favors a few days ago! We got these soap favors from this Etsy. I need to ask my parents to take some pictures of the things we have ordered for the wedding. All our supplies are getting shipped to them until we move back to America.

We just bought our wedding favors a few days ago! We got these soap favors from this Etsy. I need to ask my parents to take some pictures of the things we have ordered for the wedding. All our supplies are getting shipped to them until we move back to America.

Haha omg we almost bought those for our wedding! We were gonna go with the sea salt bars though but since we are also by Disney world we thought the collectible pins would be perfect and more managable lmao

Umm I'm crashing your Dessert Party. I want to devour everything on that menu. Seriously, one of the most amazing and unique DP menu's I've seen. I love poutine, so that just sounds incredible...but maple AND green tea crème brulee?!? Come on!

Your actual actual wedding day menu also sounds really good and I hope you can get your Kingdom Hearts Donald and Goofy costumes! That would be so cute. Your hair and makeup also looked beautiful :)

The Floral BEO arrived! It took a little bit for Elizabeth to get the information on if Kingdom Hearts logos were fair game for our centerpieces, but she came through.
21078695_10155320038098141_6054551526454482573_n.jpg
21192530_10155320038028141_2621386919356224168_n.jpg

And the Dessert Party Floral is really simple.
21105779_10155320038113141_5573070179218729146_n.jpg

We're pretty much okay with how this came out. The only thing I'm cutting are the flower petals along the sides of the aisles. Kevin's mother is ok with the cost of the rehersal dinner so no cuts there! I was sure we'd have to cut the slushies or something, but she said to keep it as is :lovestruc

Kevin and I debated a lot back and forth over the Kingdom Hearts Donald and Goofy costumes. We both really wanted them, but the initial quote of 3000+ dollars really scared us. We ended up trying to cut a good number of things to try to afford it. 3 layer cake to a 2 layer cake, no butler, no lighting package, no Champagne Sabayon or Bacon at the meal... We emailed Vita about it and we got the best news back. When she inquired further about shipping those costumes more seriously they gave her a price of 1000 dollars flat for both of them together. That was way more in our price range and worth the splurge. We still kept all the cuts we made, except for the ligthing package (the pictures they showed at the planning session of the lighting looked like the underwater scenes at the beginning of the games so we love it).

I'm so glad we get to have those special costumes for Donald and Goofy. I don't think they've ever been in the US before, and my MOH was super excited too about seeing them in person.
21192135_10155320037993141_5051918158523937688_n.jpg

Last edited:
Also I never posted inspirations pictures of my floral details so here they are.

My Bouquet: If you get the reference you get 100 points
21105487_10155320037788141_4306301714077335775_n.jpg
21122515_10155320037688141_2089537218298896482_o.jpg
ddac0fb18074556dc2dacc88a64b4270--wedding-girl-cream-roses.jpg
IMG_3092_zpsa2i7nzor.jpg
IMG_3095_zpsit02js2y.jpg

Bridesmaids flowers: but with an additional gold ribbon wrap
21106584_10155320037883141_8007493150359543570_n.jpg

Alter Flowers: one on each side of the alter area. They'll also be carried over to the reception to be by our sweetheart table.
21151277_10155320037983141_1185900083327723948_n.jpg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!