Keep Checking...Magical Holidays Room Offer

GCM

Mouseketeer
I have been trying to book two rooms for the Magical Holidays Room Offer for Pop for mid December since it was released. I was originally unable to get the entire length of my stay on the offer, so had to book the special for the days available and then rack rate for the unavailable dates. I kept checking and was slowly able to add all of my dates under the discount. :flower1: It was a lot of phone calls (unnecessary if Disney would just open up a decent number of rooms/days in the first place), but we're finally set. Want to encourage you, don't give up!!! Keep trying!!! Throwing some pixie dust your way!!!pixiedust:

I will second the advice to keep trying. I saved a substantial amount (around $800) today for our October stay at CR. The CR has been completely full for our dates since April. When I booked, all that was available was a very, very pricey club level theme park view room. I am really not interested in paying that much, but it was the only room available and since we are going exclusively for MNSSHP, being near the MK was our priority. I've been checking daily since about May for a cancellation in hopes of saving money. Finally today I was able to get it! I even noticed after I booked that an AP discount became availabe for one of the nights (it was not there when I booked). It sounds crazy, but I opted not to take it. We are only going for 3 nights and will need to switch rooms once since there was nothing availabe for all 3 nights. I had to keep one night at the club level. I don't want them have to switch rooms a second time in as many days.

The craziest part is that I had to book each of the second two nights individually. The system kept telling me there was nothing for the two nights together, but when I searched for each individually, they were there. I tried calling, figuring they could help me on the phone, but the wait was more than 30 minutes and I was afraid of losing the room. So I went ahead and booked each individually and then called to get everything straightened out. The CM on the phone ran into the same problem I had booking the two nights together, but she was able to get guest services to straighten it out. We now have both nights on one reservation with one night in the club level room (it's even a night of MNSSHP, the night we do not have tickets, so we will be able to watch the special fireworks from our room! So I can't complain too much about not saving money there).

It's time consuming to check daily for availability and discounts, but persistence pays off! People change their plans all of the time, and rooms that weren't available before are suddenly there. I even saw this with the AP discount that popped up for one night after I'd made the reservation. So keep trying!

I have been trying to book two rooms for the Magical Holidays Room Offer for Pop for mid December since it was released. I was originally unable to get the entire length of my stay on the offer, so had to book the special for the days available and then rack rate for the unavailable dates. I kept checking and was slowly able to add all of my dates under the discount. :flower1: It was a lot of phone calls (unnecessary if Disney would just open up a decent number of rooms/days in the first place), but we're finally set. Want to encourage you, don't give up!!! Keep trying!!! Throwing some pixie dust your way!!!pixiedust:

Congrats on getting the discount for all nights! Have a great trip :wizard:.

Reactions: GCM

I'm trying to lock down the Contemporary too! I'm going from 11/13-11/17 at full rack rate I did see the first night as available for a discount though! I've been scared to mess with the reservation since it is already paid for and all my dining is attached. Did you have to rebook any dining?

No, dining is completely separate from a resort reservation. You can cancel a resort resort reservation, and dining will not be affected. I switched our the resort where we stayed in July about 2 months before our trip because I got a better discount at BWI than the rate I had at BC. When I cancelled BWI, nothing happened to my ADRs.

If you've already paid, Disney can refund. This is what they did for me when I recently cancelled the last 2 nights of a 3 night CL stay. I found a Garden Wing room with the discount for those 2 nights, so I took it. My original reservation was almost entirely paid, so I was due a refund. They took care of it in 48 hours.

The one thing to keep in mind is that I don't think there is a way to add a discount for just one night of a multi-night rack-rate reservation. Unless Disney has changed the way they do this, you will need to take one night off the reservation you have now and book the discounted night as a separate reservation. Even if it is the same category, you could possibly end up needing to switch rooms. They can make a note in the reservation that you would like to keep your room, but there is a chance you might not be able to. Perhaps they have changed things and made it easier to add one night with a discount to current reservation.

I'm trying to lock down the Contemporary too! I'm going from 11/13-11/17 at full rack rate I did see the first night as available for a discount though! I've been scared to mess with the reservation since it is already paid for and all my dining is attached. Did you have to rebook any dining?

I called and they were able to extend my stay on my existing resort reservation confirmation #, so all of my dining stayed the same. Keep trying and I would try calling and tell them what you see online. Maybe they can do something on their end to get you the discount.

I called and they were able to extend my stay on my existing resort reservation confirmation #, so all of my dining stayed the same. Keep trying and I would try calling and tell them what you see online. Maybe they can do something on their end to get you the discount.
When I called, they couldn't really say much to me since I have my reservation with a travel agent (who is also checking things for me). Disney said they could see the room discount available at Contemporary for my room that I have booked for 11/13 night only. Since that room is not available anymore for my remaining trip they can't apply the discount to my existing reservation.

When I called, they couldn't really say much to me since I have my reservation with a travel agent (who is also checking things for me). Disney said they could see the room discount available at Contemporary for my room that I have booked for 11/13 night only. Since that room is not available anymore for my remaining trip they can't apply the discount to my existing reservation.
I'm sorry you haven't had any luck getting the discount. I would have your TA see what they can do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!