Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

I saw this and had to answer!

Love the old movies-The Bishop’s Wife with Cary Grant and Loretta Young and The Shop Around the Corner with James Stewart. The Tom Hanks movie You’ve Got Mail was based on it-except they used letters instead of email. Our favorite contemporary movie has to be Elf. I love Will Ferrell’s embrace of the silliness.

Thankful Thursday

I’m so thankful for family. I’m thankful that we could spend the whole day together yesterday. I’m thankful for my brother and brother-in-law who helped with some heavy gifts since my husband is still on a lifting restriction due to his work related neck injury. And I’m thankful that my nephews and I are all feeling better after battling the stomach bug just before Christmas.

Just quick hi to say Merry Chrismtas and Happy New Year to you all.

Will need your support more next year! We achieved a lot this year, unfortunately not in terms of weight management so next I will need to put it as priority again. Looking forward for chatting to you all again
So great to hear from you! Merry Christmas! Glad you achieved a lot this year. And we’ll be here for you to achieve even more in 2020! 😊

In case you’ve lost track of days, it’s Free-Choice Friday!

What do you want to share? Any great Christmas stories? Any heart-warning gifts? Great family moments?

I’ll start by sharing what happened yesterday (the day after Christmas). My husband is a night owl, so he was up late watching tv while the rest of us were sleeping. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the Christmas tree falls over! (At least it’s was after Christmas, right?) When I went downs stairs yesterday morning, all of the ornaments were sitting on the coffee table and the tree was outback on the deck. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So the day after Christmas, we ended up putting all of the indoor Christmas decorations away. We still have the lights and outdoor decorations up though.

Can you believe next week is 2020?!?! That means it’s time to schedule the weekly hosts. Who wants to lead a week in January?

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas with all of your loved ones. Things have been crazy on my end and will be for a few more weeks but then I am aiming to be back with you all to help me start the new year. Best wishes for New Years see you soon :)

View attachment 460778
In case you’ve lost track of days, it’s Free-Choice Friday!

What do you want to share? Any great Christmas stories? Any heart-warning gifts? Great family moments?

I’ll start by sharing what happened yesterday (the day after Christmas). My husband is a night owl, so he was up late watching tv while the rest of us were sleeping. Suddenly, out of nowhere, the Christmas tree falls over! (At least it’s was after Christmas, right?) When I went downs stairs yesterday morning, all of the ornaments were sitting on the coffee table and the tree was outback on the deck. 🤦🏻‍♀️ So the day after Christmas, we ended up putting all of the indoor Christmas decorations away. We still have the lights and outdoor decorations up though.

That quote is sooo true here! - We’re all off school and work, and it’s just one big blur.

Sorry about your tree! I hope not too many ornaments were broken.

Can you believe next week is 2020?!?! That means it’s time to schedule the weekly hosts. Who wants to lead a week in January?

I can take week one.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas. We did. Lots of family time. DD was a bit emotional Christmas day at my mom's. She flipped out twice. Once because I yelled at her and I don't know what happened the other time. My mom was a big help with her as what ever I said made everything worse. Both incidents were kind of small as she did most of it in private. My husband didn't even know that it was going on. Both kids got everything that they wanted. We did have to take back the jeans DS got. They were too big. I got him 28/30 but he is more like 26/30. Thankfully I can order that size online at JC Pennies. DD got a bunch of art stuff this year. We got her an art table/desk. She loves it. The two of us put it together.

Now food has been really off. I am ready to throw everything out. Kids are at my inlaws this weekend so DH and I decided to go to the zoo today since the weather has been so nice. We walked the whole zoo including going up the big hill to the Primate and Aquatics building. I had 10,000 steps by the time we got home. We also did some core exercises this afternoon. So trying to get back on track.

Since January starts mid-week and we don’t have anyone else hosting for December, week 1 is this week. So we’ll need 5 hosts for January. Who wants to take a week?
Week 1: PollyannaMom
Week 2: MickeyMom76
Week 3:
Week 4:
Week 5:

So, how did everyone do with their December goals??

My main goal for December is BALANCE! The holidays can be such a busy time, and we can be tempted to skimp on sleep and healthy habits in favor of getting everything done. I want to keep making time for exercise, even if it's only a few minutes a day, and really take care of myself so I can enjoy the season.

I did pretty well with this plan. I indulged in some holiday treats, but balanced that with some healthy meals. I'm close to my 500-minute goal in the exercise thread (I may not quite make it, but we'll see how today goes) and I practiced self-care while still getting the things I needed to done. There were a few nights when I was up a little late, but Airborne gummies were my friend, and I did not get sick for Christmas!

My goal for December is to maintain my weigh and exercise routine. I would like to improve my eating habits which have been all over the place lately. And I need to do better at getting 8 hours of sleep each night.
Up until I got sick, I did great keeping my exercise routine. My goal of 8 hours of sleep has been all over the place. But I think I did better with that, especially during the break. I still need to work in my eating and now need to lose a little holiday weight as well (thanks Christmas cookies 🍪🥛 😋)

Just a quick check-in...

I have been attending nonstop holiday parties plus a 21st birthday party every day/night since Christmas Eve. I have been drinking champagne every day since Christmas morning on the ferry. I indulged the most on Christmas Day when we traveled to be with family. My nephew is chef/owner of a gourmet restaurant, and he cooked for us. His food is beyond delicious, and I completely ignored Noom. Every other party had more average food, so it was a little easier to practice self-control.

I only have two more events to navigate, and then I can return to working on weight loss.

Until then...
Cheers!🥂

I went back to school/work today, and got back on Noom. There's no doubt that I physically feel better eating more healthy foods. About a minute ago, a student from another class came in with a big slice of her birthday cake for me. OMG. After she left the room, I tossed it in the garbage can. In my head, I could hear my mother talking about the starving children in Africa and how you never throw food away. Sorry. This is about my survival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!