Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

Woohoo - 2 weeks until Christmas. We might go to a live nativity this weekend. My shopping and wrapping is mostly done. We just decided to do Secret Santa at school, so that will add a little extra fun next week. We also woke up to a bit of snow yesterday. I'm not really a winter weather kind of person, but it looked so pretty on the grass and trees!

Thankful - I am so thankful for my family. My husband and I will be celebrating our 20th anniversary next year during the same month our twins turn 16! Thankful for my parents and siblings. They are always there for me no matter what and now they are close in distance as well. Thankful for friends and neighbors that are not only fun to be around but are like family. Thankful for my class and their supportive families. Thankful for my health, my job and the ability to provide for my family. Thankful for my husbands doctors who are helping with his neck pain. Thankful for workmans comp coverage for my husband.

I am thankful that DD is doing much better. When she is not having any anxiety neither am I. It is also fun to see her so happy and bubbly. I am also thankful that when we decided to turn off the kids internet, phone and TV's to there room for 2 hours each night the kids did not fight about it. They have been spending more time with us and seem to enjoy it. Last night we watched Super Girl and The Crisis Aftermath. The shows are linked. Like a cross over event for several weeks. The kids love the shows. So lately it has been simple but good a good time still. We just need to keep DS awake.

Today I am thankful for my work crew, who really do a stellar job and are great to work with.

And I'm thankful that I don't have to travel to LA next week, altho it is kind of weird to not be there when the building actually opens. Just not weird enough to make me insist on going. I'm actually looking forward to traveling to Maryland in January... hopefully there won't be any snow events going on while we're there.

I haven't posted in a couple of days, so:

Topic Tuesday Answer - I've never gotten exercise equipment as a surprise, but our general rule here is that practical things (like stuff for the kitchen/house too, not just exercise equipment) are fine if you ask for them. (And I got of got the impression the girl in the commercial had.)

Wednesday's woohoos -
I've been keeping on track with walking on the treadmill, and thanks to Disney+, I even did an extra 10 minutes yesterday!
Had a two hour work delay due to the snow yesterday, and used some of it to work on Christmas cards.

Thankful Thursday - DS is coming home for Christmas break tonight!! (It was originally not going to be until tomorrow, but he was able to switch a work shift earlier. His last final was yesterday.)

I am thankful for my DD taking great care of me and driving me to doctor’s appointments. I’m thankful that my students gave me a great welcome back today. I got a lot of help and attention from them today. The only negative is that I was in a lot of pain. Looking forward to my doctor’s appointment tomorrow after school.

I am thankful for my DD taking great care of me and driving me to doctor’s appointments. I’m thankful that my students gave me a great welcome back today. I got a lot of help and attention from them today. The only negative is that I was in a lot of pain. Looking forward to my doctor’s appointment tomorrow after school.
I am so sorry you are dealing with pain-hope you have a good visit with your doctor.

It’s free for all Friday-and next week will the last full week before Christmas!
My grandson has a half day of school today so I will pick him up and we’ll have lunch before he goes to a program the library runs for the kids on early dismissal days. I will do my Christmas cards while I wait.
I hope to get some baking done of things I can freeze, like cookies.
I hope all you worker bees have a good weekend-I remember trying to get everything done while I was still working! Make sure you take care of and make time for yourself!

Free for all Friday - I am hoping to get to my sons basketball game after school. In our district, high school starts at 7, middle school starts at 8 and elementary starts at 9. Since I’m elementary and start later, I don’t get done until 4. But his games all start at 3:30. So I’m really hoping to get there in time to see some of his game. I also saved some personal days to take off so I can make it to a few of his games from start to finish. I hate missing things my kids are involved in. As a child, I remember my parents being at everything.
This weekend we have a cookie sale at church for the youth group. So my daughter and I will be baking cookies to sell. This is great because it fulfills the desire to bake cookies, but then it gets most of them out of the house so I don’t eat them all! We also have a neighborhood Christmas party. I will definitely be allowing myself to treats, but hopefully won’t overdo it ;)

This weekend is filled to the brim with stuff going on. Tonight DD will be going to a dinner and movie at her school with her friends and DS has basketball practice. Saturday DS has karate int he morning, a basketball game mid day and then we are going to dinner with friends of our for her birthday. If we get done in time I will swing by a friends house for her party. She is a former co-worker from when I worked at the daycare over 11 years ago. She gets all of us together that worked at the daycare to just kind of hang out. On Sunday I will be taking DH's grandmother and the kids shopping. Mawmaw has a hard time buying clothes and stuff for the kids now so we started having her shop with the kids and they can pick out what they want but they don't get it until Christmas. This will also give me a chance to see what they want (clothes wise) and the size for DS (he is growing to fast and I haven't a clue anymore) so when I shop next Friday it will make it easier on me.

Gift wise we do small stocking-stuffer like things, which I used to really get in to but this year I'm struggling with the "stuff" aspect of it, so have really been trying to make sure I get "stuff" that is usable/consumable and/or meaningful. The past few years I've included hot chocolate, because my SIL who passed away in 2016 loved it, and now I'm also including notebooks of waterproof paper, because that is something that came up multiple times in the stories told about my Brother - he used to use them for work to make notes while working out in the field and would recommend them to others.

We're finally getting snow up in the mountains - a lot of it. Normally a drive up to see if would have been done with my Brother, so that's been heavy on my mind this morning... not in a super sad way, just remembering.

It's been a good work week, comforting to keep a regular schedule and I got things done that needed to be done. If anyone is interested there's an article on CNBC about the project I've been working on, you can search for "Nordstrom" and it's the one about "partners with Attabotics and Tompkins". Really looking forward to the weekend and just kicking back and relaxing.

Happy weekend all!

Last edited:
I'm feeling very triggered right now to make some really bad food choices. Fortunately I packed my healthy lunch as usual, and instead of having goodies, I'm sticking to my lunch. There's nothing in the house that will get me in trouble right now.

I have my doctor's appointment after school, and then I can crash. I'm so looking forward to babying my shoulder this weekend, then only 5 more school days until Christmas vacation!

Oneanne, I found the article! What an awesome job you have! May I ask what is your educational background? Engineering or tech?
My educational background is in Fashion Merchandising! I got in to the Tech side of the house back in 1999, when I went thru an internal 8-week programmer training program that the company put together because everyone was freaked out about Y2K, and you couldn't find programmers to hire. I'm currently a Technical Program Manager, self-taught. In this project I support the warehouse management system, which interfaces with the automated systems.

Last edited:
I know I'm the early bird, but wanted to post now so I don't forget to do it later. My workout is done. I'm ready to go have my shake for breakfast. My motivation this week is to stay strong and resist the holiday treat temptations for as long as I can. I gained a few pounds over the weekend...many thanks to a wonderful neighbor's holiday party. So I'm hoping to drop those few pounds before next weekend. However, I know that since it's the last week of school before break, there will be lots of treats at school. So I'm just going to keep telling myself to stay strong or (if I do sneak a treat) just one for today...so that I don't go overboard.

Sort of an odd weekend, low on effective decision making and consequently high on doubling back to do stuff. Like driving several blocks past the gas station then remembering I needed to get gas and having to turn back... ditto with the grocery store.

I'm coming into this week with mixed intentions. I woke up with short-timers syndrome, as I'm taking next week off and it's kind of a big deal since its only the second time in 36 years that I've had the week of Christmas off... oh the joys of a career in retail. But then I realized today is the go-live day for the new building we're opening, also kind of a big deal. Better settle in. At least the week can be focused.

Yesterday, DD and I started our holiday baking. I managed to not go crazy, but I did indulge in a couple sugar cookies. But, I logged them in and stayed within my calories. It was good, because I didn't feel deprived, but since I controlled myself, I ended the weekend without being angry at myself.

Now to continue this attitude today...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!