Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

This decade has taken me far in my career in education. I'm thankful for my beautiful classroom, the same classroom that I have been in since our school opened. It is in a dangerous neighborhood that serves the most needy of families, and is truly an oasis of enlightenment.

This year has been one to get healthier and end toxic relationships. No regrets.

For the decade -- I would say I have had a lot of personal growth. 10 years ago my anxiety (which I didn't even realize i had at the time) ruled most of what I did. I would not put myself in a situation that made me feel uncomfortable at all. I also was really against change when it came to work. This past decade and mainly the last 5 years I have stepped out of my comfort zone a lot. I refused to ever do presentation at work and thankfully had a boss that was ok with that and little by little he pushed me to do them. Starting with a few minutes here and there in a presentation to now I have done them fully on my own.

The biggest growth that I think I have had is going to the 2 conferences that I have gone to in the last 2 years. I have never in my life done anything on my own. Never lived alone, never went out to eat by myself or anything else. I was so nervous to go on my first trip by my self. Fly on a plane by myself and completely afraid to fly in general, stayed in a hotel by myself, and put myself out there to meet new people in my field. I liked it so much that I went back this year and was so exited to go. The plane though, that one I don't think I will get over. It still scares me to death to fly.

I think one thing that pushed me is my daughters anxiety. I wanted to show her that she can over come it. I will not say it was the easiest of decades with a lot of things but there was some good in their too.

For 2019 I am not sure. I think it was becoming a manager. Though I got the job in December of 2018, it did not start until January of 2019. This is something that I thought I would never do. I was very content with my job. I put myself out their for it, gave it my all and got it. There has been a lot of growth and some getting out of my comfort zone where I need to confront my employees with something. I have a great team now and can't wait for the next year.

Great responses! Very inspiring!

Decade-finding this group! I never imagined I would “chat” with this amazing group of women all over the country (and world!). I love that we’re all comfortable enough to share our struggles and successes and what is going on in our lives. It’s truly a safe place.

2019-we’ve definitely decided to downsize with the eventual move to our beach place for most of the year. It’s a little scary-we’ve lived here over 30 years and we truly love this area.

Yippee, it's Friday! A super duper wet Friday as we've been having a rain storm since last evening and there is a lot of water everywhere - it's aptly being called a "river of rain". This morning was one of those stay-in-bed-with-the-covers-pulled-over-your-head kind of starts to the day, but alas I did have to get up and get going.

The rain is supposed to continue in to tomorrow, so I'll plan to stick around the house and get everything spruced up. I mostly just want to download work stress and get immersed in the holiday vibe.

I'll be off line next week so Happy Holidays to all, see you next year! It's been a great 2019 sharing healthful goals with y'all and looking forward to continuing in 2020.

Last edited:

What is something you did or experienced in the past year that you are thankful for. And what is something you did or experienced in the decade that you are thankful for?

Something I experienced this year: My DS graduated from high school! It represented the end of a long journey (and the exciting beginning of new ones) and I was very thankful and proud of him.

Something I've done this decade: Thanks to GPS, I've become much more comfortable driving over the past decade. I'm sure that would seem like a small thing to some, but I used to stick to comfortable routes I knew, and now I just head off pretty much anywhere. (I'm still not a big city driver, though!) It's one piece of modern tech I'm truly thankful for!

So my Christmas break started a day early. I stayed home today thanks to the stomach bug that has been going around my class. And it’s a bad one! But I was had it a few years ago on Christmas Day. So I’m thankful to get it out of the way now. Just hoping it doesn’t spread through my family!

So my Christmas break started a day early. I stayed home today thanks to the stomach bug that has been going around my class. And it’s a bad one! But I was had it a few years ago on Christmas Day. So I’m thankful to get it out of the way now. Just hoping it doesn’t spread through my family!
I am so sorry. It’s going through my school too. My student with special needs was crying in my arms right before she got explosive diarrhea. So... I am praying that I will be able to avoid it. I took a shower to wash off the cooties.

BRAT diet: bananas rice applesauce toast. Remember the Gatorade.

I truly hope that you feel better soon. Take care.

Oh, no. Glad you’re feeling better and hopefully your family is spared!

It’s the week of Christmas, which means a week of fun! And I’m a realist. So I know most of us will get off track this week. And that’s ok! But don’t complete forget all the hard work we’ve done this year. Today is still Motivation Monday. So I’ve included some helpful tips for the holidays. The one I’m going to focus on (since I’m still recovering from the stomach bug) is hydrate! Normally, the other one I would do is schedule my workouts ahead of time. My original plan had been to workout every morning except Christmas. But my body is still pretty week. Yesterday my exercise was walking the grocery store with my husband & son. Which of these tips will help you during the holidays?

I finally got everything done including baking. I made several new cookies this year. Most I wont eat. I made a ginger snap cookie only my husband likes. It was Alton browns recipe that had molasses, ground ginger, fresh ginger and candied ginger. It was a lot of work but he loves them. Now to finish cleaning and cook dinner for dh family tomorrow.

Merry christmas to all.

78F71671-5A7E-486F-BED8-173DEC2F48D3.jpeg

I will be thinking moderation-food and drink wise. So that involves planning ahead. Offering healthy snacks along with our more indulgent choices. The weather is lovely-unseasonably warm so plan to get out for a walk tomorrow.

Merry Christmas, everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

Will be offline the rest of the week-but look forward to catching up next week!

Topic Tuesday

Happy Christmas Eve Day 😊Understandably, there don’t seem to be many of us left this week. So I’ll keep today’s topic simple. What’s your favorite holiday movie?

As a kid, mine was Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. Emmet Otter’s Jug-Band Christmas as a close second. Now it’s much harder to pick a favorite. Favorite movies seem to go through phases. When the kids were younger, our family enjoyed the animated movies like Rudolph, Frosty & The Grinch! Then we moved onto Its A Wonderful Life and Miracle on 34th Street. Now, with teenage kids, I’d say we mostly watch Elf and Christmas Vacation. Home Alone, A Christmas Story and Mickey’s Christmas Carol are watched almost every year as well. There are just so many great movies, it’s hard to watch them all now.

I love Christmas movies!! I don't think I can pick just one. - Can I do categories?

Favorite of the classics:
Miracle on 34th Street (especially the old version with Natalie Wood)

Favorite Hallmark Christmas movie:
Journey Back to Christmas

Favorite Christmas movie episode of a TV show:
The Children's Carol (The Waltons)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!