Ken Potrock Leaves DVC - New President?

aoconnor

WDW Nut
Per WDW Magic, Ken Potrock has left DVC and will move to the consumer products division. He was the SVP directly responsible for DVC and ABD. Back in April Jeff Vahle was appointed president of 'Disney Signature Experiences', a broader group which includes DVC, DCL, ABD, and Golden Oak.

I would imagine they will hire a new SVP to run DVC/ABD, since that seems like a full time job on its own. It will be interesting to see what changes come with new management-- the first shakeup in 5 years.

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...t-consumer-products-commercialization.943229/

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear this! It seems to us that Ken brought a lot of the special events and other perks that we have enjoyed the last few years, after many years of getting nothing more than what we had bought (accommodations). Now we are spoiled, and I hope the new SVP continues Ken’s initiatives!

I am sorry to hear this! It seems to us that Ken brought a lot of the special events and other perks that we have enjoyed the last few years, after many years of getting nothing more than what we had bought (accommodations). Now we are spoiled, and I hope the new SVP continues Ken’s initiatives!

I'm sure much of these initiatives were supported by data that shows it increases membership numbers. As long as that data is still there, I would expect them to continue.

Per WDW Magic, Ken Potrock has left DVC and will move to the consumer products division. He was the SVP directly responsible for DVC and ABD. Back in April Jeff Vahle was appointed president of 'Disney Signature Experiences', a broader group which includes DVC, DCL, ABD, and Golden Oak.

I would imagine they will hire a new SVP to run DVC/ABD, since that seems like a full time job on its own. It will be interesting to see what changes come with new management-- the first shakeup in 5 years.

I can't find an article on Ken Potrock leaving on the WDW Magic website. Do you have a link to an article versus a forum?

Just the administrator making the announcement on the forum, is all that is there. I wonder what his source is and why hasn't DVC announced it?

Just the administrator making the announcement on the forum, is all that is there. I wonder what his source is and why hasn't DVC announced it?

Not sure why DVC hasn't announced yet, maybe they're waiting until they can name his successor. Usually WDW Magic's source for information like this would be an internal company memo announcing the promotions- I'm assuming that's how they got his specific new title "President, Consumer Products Commercialization".

I wonder if the new president over Potrock had something to do with this. Could be bad for DVC, extras and policy changes again. Every new guy in power wants to make changes to call the place his own.

:earsboy: Bill

Membership Mingle already cancelled before it started- sign of increased cost cutting to come, or to make Reunion Station more appealing to those daft enough to pay $50 pp per day, length of stay?

I haven't seen any other announcements on this. :confused3

:earsboy: Bill

Last edited:
Yeah we are in a day and age where reporting something first beats reporting it best. It's annoying for sure when trustworthy news stations fall into the trap, and how shouting "fake news" has become a very lazy way to deal with it. In this particular case, it looks like someone jumped the gun on reporting the news, wanting to be first more than being best.

Last edited:
Maybe a member of that site could ask for source / clarification / follow up from the Admin who posted it....?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!