Ketchikan Excursions?

Stay away from the totem pole excursion. Very boring imo. I was on DCL first excursion to the totem poles so maybe it’s better than back than. I doubt it probably still boring. Went there because it was a cheap excursion. Lumberjack show is good.

My kids will be 10 & 16 at the time of the cruise. Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into booking this on our own.
No problem! :) When we did this in 2016, I believe the DCL excursion was walked down to the Aleutian Ballad and we just walked there on our own and met the group. It's very close by and easy to walk there so since it's really all the same thing, we preferred to save $! :)

Enjoy,
Heather

Is there a rainforest hike you can do on your own or with a guide if you've got young kids? We'll have an almost 3 year old and a 7 year old. Planning to do a floatplane in the afternoon but would like to do something where the kids can burn some energy.

We the same thing. Used Island Wings. Fantastic experience!

We also did the Floatplane to misty fjords that we booked through the Costco shore excursions. It was almost half price of booking through DCL, only one other family with us, and a free upgrade to a nicer floatplane when we arrived because the pilot of the smaller plane was sick that day.

Is there a rainforest hike you can do on your own or with a guide if you've got young kids? We'll have an almost 3 year old and a 7 year old. Planning to do a floatplane in the afternoon but would like to do something where the kids can burn some energy.

You can hike up Deer Mountain Trail. The trail head is about a mile from the port. You can walk it (we did) but its walking up steep roads with no sidewalk. I'd recommend a taxi to the Trail Head. Should only be a few bucks. The trail is up into the rainforest and the "trail" is rustic. It's all mud trails with log steps built into switchbacks the entire way up. The views and experience were stunning, but the hike isn't a leisurely walk that's for sure. I also mentioned it in a previous post on page 1 of this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!