Kidani AKV with toddlers? New DVC 1st stay

abarnes64

Mouseketeer
We are going in sept and it would make SO much less hectic if we could get a room nearest main hotel lobby and/or transportation.

I requested this twice and both CM 's I spoke with seemed to vary in opinion, which has me a bit worried.

We have a late arrival in and I have been hearing a few nightmare stories of several vast walks and winding hallways and treks with luggage..... Can anyone make a recommendation of which building and/or standard studio room that would be most convenient?

We have 2 y/o and 4 y:o children. We will be at AK for 3 nts and dining at jiko and possibly Sanaa.

The remainder of the next 5 nts will be st OKW and I am wondering same about this resort ?

Thank you!!

Remember that a request is just that, a request. Although they are very good at honoring requests, there is a chance you will not get it. Please know that going in so that you are not too disappointed if you do not get it.

I requested a room by the lobby and got on at kidani last summer. It was great - near community hall, lobby and a great view of the savannah. I was also worried about the long trek with little kids but it was fine. I would live in that room if I could! Kidani is great for little kids - fantastic community hall and activities plus the pool is made for kids. One great tip with kids - they run a free van shuttle from kidani to Jambo literally from door to door so even if it's raining you can easily go back an forth without getting wet.

I requested a room by the lobby and got on at kidani last summer. It was great - near community hall, lobby and a great view of the savannah. I was also worried about the long trek with little kids but it was fine. I would live in that room if I could! Kidani is great for little kids - fantastic community hall and activities plus the pool is made for kids. One great tip with kids - they run a free van shuttle from kidani to Jambo literally from door to door so even if it's raining you can easily go back an forth without getting wet.

I agree with all of the above. Also if you have a stroller the distance from the lobby wouldn't matter as much. We've been 3 times with twin grandson, first when they were 2 1/2, then almost 3, then 3 1/2 (don't know when it will happen again so we're glad we did it). Last time we were as far from the lobby as we could be, but we made it work, they boys loved walking the hallways so that made it easier.

They LOVED Kidani! We stayed there each time and this last time, when we shared with them that they were going to be able to come with us to Disney World, they just kept saying "Kidani?", that's all they really cared about. We took them to the splash pool area each day and I think that's actually their favorite thing to do in all of Disney World.

The thing with Kidani everyone asks to be near the lobby so chances of getting specifically that request are low. I never found the halls to be that long. Love Kidani our favorite resort.

We were just there a couple weeks ago...only request I had was Sunset Savannah. We checked in at 11:30am (ish). She called to check if a room was ready early, and then told us she has a great one. It was literally perfect location for us. On the main floor, and just steps from the Rafiki elevator, which goes right down into the parking garage near the pool, so we had very little walking! So my advice would be maybe check in early, and see if they have anything near that elevator when you check in, or if one will be available that day you could always wait for that! Oh, and my girls were 2.5 and just turned 5. We LOVED it!!! :thumbsup2

I think your late check in might hurt you, especially if you're going during F&W. We were there last month. I requested Sunset and close to lobby. We checked in around 12:30p. We were in the first savannah room off the lobby. It was great. But other times we were pretty far down the hall. Honestly, the hallways are not that bad compared to BWV or BLT. I would also request close to Transportation, and hope you get the wing close to Jambo.

If you really want to be specific: Rafiki is the first section to the left of the lobby. I believe Timon and Pumba are the 2 sections to the right of the lobby. This would be closer to Jambo and the buses.

The remainder of the next 5 nts will be st OKW and I am wondering same about this resort ?

Haven't stayed at OKW, but make sure you do your research. Not all buildings have elevators. So you might get suck lugging a stroller up/down the stairs every time you go out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter