Kids menu for an adult

lumpysluck

Mouseketeer
With the limited menus does anyone know how strict that are with. 17 year old ordering off the kids menu? I have a super picky eater and there isn’t much to choose from. She’s really just a chicken finger kind of eater and pizza. I don’t want all my ADRs at pizza places

DD16 asked for kids meals at a few restaurants, no issues at rose and crown and skipper canteen. At 50s prime time they offered her a junior version of chicken tenders and fries instead of a kids meal.

I have the same issue with my autistic son who is 17. He will only eat chicken tenders, pizza, spaghetti and french fries. Sometimes grilled chicken. So, hopefully we won't have trouble. We never have before.

At some places you might run into them charging for an adult size meal and giving you a larger portion of the kids meal foods - but in general if you are paying out of pocket, many TS places won't question it at all. It was a bigger issue when trying to use the dining plan but that's a moot point now.

I’m not sure if Covid has made things change, but before it depended on the restaurant. We never use the dining plan, therefore, always pay out of pocket. Some places told me no problem when I asked to order off the kid’s menu, other places told me it wasn’t allowed. No harm in asking, but be prepared for a no.

Gotten every answer:

1) No, you are an adult, you have to order off the regular menu.
2) Sure, no questions asked.
3) Yes, but do you want the kid's size portion or an adult portion? The adult portion will be more.
4) Yes, but only as the adult portion which is more money.

I've never repeated this at the same restaurant - so I don't know if its truly the policy I'm hearing or what the server is making up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts