Kids programs on Explorer of Seas?

Lady V

<font color=339933>I kept waking up so hot!<br><fo
Hello! I am looking at the Jan 4th sailing for the Explorer out of PC. It's a 5 nighter. I have sailed on DCL three times. Once on the Dream and twice on the Magic. I loved every moment!!:) My three year old still talks about the cruises and all her 'kids' she met at the kids club on DCL. (all three cruises were early this year) Will she find Explorer to be as fun for kids her age? I read that sometimes they don't let all the kids in due to not enough staff? Do any of you have pictures of the actual club for her age group for this actual ship? When I look on the RCCL website it seems vague and I just want real info. I'm very interested in finding an additional cruiseline that is more budget friendly and I know so many on here love RCCL.
Also--can someone tell me exactly what food is INCLUDED? Is there food all day available that is part of the cost? breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks anytime, etc??? I'm just trying to get an actual idea of the ship before I book it! Thank you all so much!!:cool1:

Well I guess it is safe to say it's probably not a great alternative with no responses or pictures available!! As luck would have it I have had to change my dates so now I am back to only looking at DCL. Thanks!

I know you changed your mind anyway, but we sailed the Explorer a year and a half ago. My kids are older and don't have interest in the kids clubs. However, we did have an interest in food! There was food available any time we went looking. The Windjammer Buffet and the Main Dining Room are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Windjammer also has at least one snack time each day. There is a self serve ice cream machine near the Windjammer side of the pool deck. Additionally, the Cafe Promenade had snack like cookies, sandwiches, fruit, pizza whenever we went by. This was all included in the fare along with water, iced tea, flavored water and coffee (maybe hot tea, I don't drink coffee or tea so didn't pay much attention). We did purchase three soda packages for those of us who drink it. They had coke freestyle machines in the Windjammer and the Promenade. We loved our cruise on the Explorer.

I'm sorry I just saw this now, but I was just on Quantum of the Seas and never saw your post. Explorer of the Seas is our favorite ship, and my daughter basically grew up on it. She is 15 years old now, but has gone through the Adventure Ocean system and absolutely loved it. If you ever get the chance or are considering going on Explorer again, do not hesitate! I've been on the Explorer seven or eight times and it's a wonderful ship with the wonderful crew!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter