Kids under 3 at Universal resorts

ninafeliz

DIS Veteran
Does Universal allow an extra child in the room if they are under the age of 3 like Disney does? Or when the room says occupancy max of 5 is that 5 of any age, even if one is under 3?

I need to check on that
If no one replies when I have searched and have the answer, I’ll post what UO tells me

I know you do not need a park ticket for a child
under 3, but the hotels are not operated by UO

If you stay at Cabana Bay, they have suites that sleep 6

From what I read, all children are counted in total in the room

I need to check on that
If no one replies when I have searched and have the answer, I’ll post what UO tells me

I know you do not need a park ticket for a child
under 3, but the hotels are not operated by UO
Thanks! I’m hoping they allow one extra in the room if he’s under 3, but am thinking they might not. It would be so nice for us if they did. I don’t find their website as easy to use and look up room rates and availability as Disney’s for some reason. Maybe I’m just not as used to it.

Thanks! I’m hoping they allow one extra in the room if he’s under 3, but am thinking they might not. It would be so nice for us if they did. I don’t find their website as easy to use and look up room rates and availability as Disney’s for some reason. Maybe I’m just not as used to it.

The youngest child would still be counted as a person.

5 is the max in a regular room. A suite is another option otherwise 2 rooms at those hotels. They are incredibly strict about that due to fire codes.

Other options are Cabana Bay and Endless Summer or the new Dockside that opens next month.

The youngest child would still be counted as a person.

5 is the max in a regular room. A suite is another option otherwise 2 rooms at those hotels. They are incredibly strict about that due to fire codes.

Other options are Cabana Bay and Endless Summer or the new Dockside that opens next month.
Well that’s a bummer. It’s not like I don’t think someone under 2 counts as a person lol, but (as I imagine you know) Disney resorts allow one person under 3 in a room in addition to the max room occupancy. So either fire code Is different for Disney, they allow less occupancy than they could in the rooms to make up for the additional infants and toddlers that a lot of rooms have (this is Disney after all, lots of little kids), or the fire code excuse is really just an excuse and they could allow more. But it is what is it, I just wanted to know their rule.

I’m aware of the new suites, but unlimited express pass is very important to us, so if we stayed there we would have to buy it which is often more than a room. I’m just looking at all options. Walkability is also important, and one of the reasons I like universal so much more than I expected to, so while it might seem crazy to others, we probably wouldn’t go to Universal without a room we could easily walk from and UEP. We would just do the whole trip at Disney.

Schumigirl is correct

All guests in the room are counted for number allowed in the room this includes children

The hotels are Loews property

Schumigirl is correct

All guests in the room are counted for number allowed in the room this includes children

The hotels are Loews property
Bummer, but kind of what I was expecting. I was just hoping it was like Disney. Honestly I can’t think Of another resort that does allow being over occupancy when one is a young child, at least not as official policy.

The fire code is what is different with the Universal hotels. They are in a different jurisdiction than WDW.

Last edited:
I can understand fire code issues, except with something like at Royal Pacific. The Jurassic Suite is 670 square feet with a max occupancy of 5. The King Suite is 670 square fee with a max occupancy of 4. Anyone know why?

RP king suites only sleep 4
The king bed (sleeps 2) in one room and pull out sofa couch in the living room is listed to sleep 2

No idea if the JP suite has a couch pull out sleeper

RP king suites only sleep 4
The king bed (sleeps 2) in one room and pull out sofa couch in the living room is listed to sleep 2

No idea if the JP suite has a couch pull out sleeper
Correct. The description for JP says it can accommodate a rollaway. The King suite does not give that option, despite being listed as the same square footage as JP and significantly more than the standard queen rooms that can sleep 5.

We ran into this too. We wanted a suite for 7 of us but ended up just doing two rooms. Luckily we had a third adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!