Kilimanjaro Club Concierge

officer tigger

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever stayed in the Kilimanjaro Club level? Can you give me any feed back on it if you thought it was worth the points. Looking to try something different for our next trip. We have never been inside the AKL and staying on this level might be what convinces the family to give it a try.

You should give it a try. There is a for pay tour that only club level can book so you should check on which days it is offered.

IMO the views from the room are bad, the food offerings so, so, but the drinks are nice. I don't need daily maid or turn down service but it's included.

:earsboy: Bill

Has anyone ever stayed in the Kilimanjaro Club level? Can you give me any feed back on it if you thought it was worth the points. Looking to try something different for our next trip. We have never been inside the AKL and staying on this level might be what convinces the family to give it a try.

Are you talking about cash stays through DRC or points stays through MS? If you are looking at a cash stay through DRC, you'll be on the fourth floor with a view of the Arusha savanna. Club level rooms used to be the larger rooms on the fifth floor until they gave them over to DVC to renovate into DVC villas.

If you are talking about points stays, there are only five two bedroom lockoffs (a combination of a studio and one bedroom so could be rented in any of those combinations) on the sixth floor, which is the same floor as the club lounge. You must book these at 11 months out using AKV points or you probably won't get them. These villas have either a pool view (two of them) or a limited savanna view (three of them). The roof overhang kind of blocks the view of the savanna. So if you book a club level DVC villa, you book it for the lounge access, daily housekeeping service and ability to book the Sunrise Safari.

We stayed club level before the DVC villas were built at Jambo House on the fifth floor in a deluxe room with bunk beds. The lounge was a nice perk and we also booked the Sunrise Safari.

We stayed in Club level through DVC. IMO not worth it at all. Half the rooms don't even have a Savannah view. We ended up in a non-Savannah view room and were very disappointed as we were expecting one.

It would probably be great if you wanted to do a couple of resort days and you had access to food and drink all the time but I wouldn't use the points to do it again.

We stayed in Club level through DVC. IMO not worth it at all. Half the rooms don't even have a Savannah view. We ended up in a non-Savannah view room and were very disappointed as we were expecting one.

It would probably be great if you wanted to do a couple of resort days and you had access to food and drink all the time but I wouldn't use the points to do it again.
Thanks, that was what I was looking for. We have a bunch of points saved up and can stay for an extended period if we want to. I don't want to waste them on a room that doesn't have a great view when you are expecting one. Would rather use them on a different resort.

I was just about to ask the same question. DH and I are considering upgrading to club level and wondering what others thought of it. It will be a working vacation for him, so he will be in the room most of the days on his computer. He is thinking that having the snacks available all day would be a bonus.

Thanks, that was what I was looking for. We have a bunch of points saved up and can stay for an extended period if we want to. I don't want to waste them on a room that doesn't have a great view when you are expecting one. Would rather use them on a different resort.

You could do CL for a couple of days, do the safari, then move to a regular savanna room and save some points.

For us even the savanna rooms can be hit or miss. It's not like there are herds of animals standing outside your room. We once had a room and the only animals close by were a few big birds.

I was just about to ask the same question. DH and I are considering upgrading to club level and wondering what others thought of it. It will be a working vacation for him, so he will be in the room most of the days on his computer. He is thinking that having the snacks available all day would be a bonus.

I wouldn't do it for the snacks, that's a lot of points for crackers. There is a human feeding schedule for CL, maybe someone can post a copy. Working at the computer in the lounge area might be nice depending on how busy it is. All resort CL guests use the lounge and share the food. There is a morning rush for food, maybe some at lunch then again at dinner time.

You know how people are around food, taking plates back to their rooms and making sure that they get theirs. Sometimes the CM's restock the offerings and sometime they don't.

I wouldn't do it for the snacks, that's a lot of points for crackers. There is a human feeding schedule for CL, maybe someone can post a copy. Working at the computer in the lounge area might be nice depending on how busy it is. All resort CL guests use the lounge and share the food. There is a morning rush for food, maybe some at lunch then again at dinner time.

You know how people are around food, taking plates back to their rooms and making sure that they get theirs. Sometimes the CM's restock the offerings and sometime they don't.

Thank you for your thoughts! I think DH wait listed us for our trip. I'm kinda hoping we don't get it. Don't want to use the points, and I prefer Kidani (where our res is for this trip). But since he will be working and needs to stay in the room/lounge area, he gets to choose this trip. But I will let him know your thoughts as well. He may change his mind and cancel the wait list.

In that case, CL might be worth it for him to have the convenience of the lounge.

I would absolutely use your dvc points to try akv. It is by far our favorite. You have to pay for the savannah view and ask for a center savannah. We love waking up and seeing what's outside our window. We all love Boma! And, I don't know how large your family is, but the dedicated 2 bedroom was spectacular!

Here is my opinion.
I stayed on the concierge floor last month for the first time since it became DVC, stayed several times years ago prior to the change.
I still feel it is defintately worth it , not as good as it used to be, but only if you are going to utilize the benefits like booking the Sunrise Safari. It is an amazing experience.
I feel the breakfast is wonderful, but am happy eating oatmeal and fresh fruit. If you want bacon/eggs you might not. The evening offerings used to be much more substantial but still enjoyed having a snack and a glass of wine, but really can't replace dinner. They also have a small refridgerator stocked with soda, milk and beer. Small desert samples and cordials are available later at night and cookies in the afternoon. There is also coffee, chilled water, and juice always available.
If you are going to be at the resort throughout the day it is nice to have these options. We had terrible rain on our trip and spent much more time there than intended so it worked out really well. We moved to a regular studio our last night, but was still able to enjoy the lounge the entire day as your keys give you access until midnight.

Thanks for that info Bill! I was curious (because I have never stayed there) could a person 'live off' (in other words skip all meals and thus have enough food) to 'survive' on the food on 'club level only' or would it be just crackers and stuff with no real meal (no soups, sandwiches etc?)

Although not CL at AK, we did CL at WL and we replaced dinners with food from CL. Every day we got breakfast as it was the same. Although it depends on what you like to eat, since for us each day was different, although it does repeat after a point. Some days we didn't like the offering and only got breakfast, then other days the dinner/dessert offering was great and we just ate from CL for dinner. We would know what was going to be served that day since they posted it in the morning. We also stocked up on waters and soda for both in room and in park use.

Although not CL at AK, we did CL at WL and we replaced dinners with food from CL. Every day we got breakfast as it was the same. Although it depends on what you like to eat, since for us each day was different, although it does repeat after a point. Some days we didn't like the offering and only got breakfast, then other days the dinner/dessert offering was great and we just ate from CL for dinner. We would know what was going to be served that day since they posted it in the morning. We also stocked up on waters and soda for both in room and in park use.
Thanks for the info. Did you get actual meals? Sandwiches, salads? Or was it just like living on crackers and toast? : )

Dinner I would say is close to a full meal. For breakfast it was continental with pastries, muffins, bagels, yogurt, fruit, cereals, oatmeal, etc.. The nights we liked that I can recall had chicken salad and smoked BBQ pork sandwich (make as many as you want yourself, grab a small round bun and put pork on) for example. When I get home I have the printed monthly menu for Reunion Station, which we asked for to see if it was similar to the CL offering we had, and it was. I can post that if you want.

Thanks for that info Bill! I was curious (because I have never stayed there) could a person 'live off' (in other words skip all meals and thus have enough food) to 'survive' on the food on 'club level only' or would it be just crackers and stuff with no real meal (no soups, sandwiches etc?)

IMO it isn't a meal. More like a best western breakfast and some finger foods at night that you may not like if you don't care for AK themed food. Sometimes if not there early the food was picked over, sometimes replenished, sometimes not. Sometimes the drink cooler was pretty much empty. I expect that Disney knows that some people will stock up and take what ever they put out so they only put out so much. If you aren't there when they do, you may have slim pickings.

IMO it isn't a meal. More like a best western breakfast and some finger foods at night that you may not like if you don't care for AK themed food. Sometimes if not there early the food was picked over, sometimes replenished, sometimes not. Sometimes the drink cooler was pretty much empty. I expect that Disney knows that some people will stock up and take what ever they put out so they only put out so much. If you aren't there when they do, you may have slim pickings.

I would agree with bill on a few points, just because we liked it and did meal replacements, you may not like it or be able to. I would also agree that we looked around the internet at what was offered food wise at AK CL and didn't like the AK themed food. After looking over all the CL food options, we did CL at WL and liked what we got most of the time. We did do CL over at Universals Royal Pacific Resort and the WL food/dessert offering was much better. We didn't have any issues when we went in April with food shortages, except if we came at the last 5-10 min before the time slot closing.

We stay AKL CL once a year and always have a full breakfast there and are not hungry again until lunch. We don't do full dinners there but there are many people who stay club level who do, we actually find that we aren't around the resort during the dinner offerings very much. In the past couple years they added a chef who cooks a couple items each night in the lounge, plus they almost always have a dutch oven full of soup, in addition to the other appetizer like offerings. The resorts board has a CL thread and the last couple of pages have lots of pictures of AKL CL menu and offerings. If the cooler is empty in the evenings you just ask the staff for whatever you want to drink. AKL CL had a couple years of really terrible offerings and cost cuttings (I have heard the other resorts went through this as well but I have no first hand experience with those so I am not sure) but the past two years have been really good. They also rearranged the lounge and the seating configuration is much better, with more seating. There are more food offerings and they are replenished much more often. Not everyone likes CL, or thinks it is worth it, but we do.

This thread was started five years ago and the services in the lounge have changed since then. Rely only on very recent information and not the old stuff in this thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter