Kilimanjaro Safaris COVID screens photo?

Raya

DIS Veteran
Good morning, can anyone point me to a photo of the plastic screens that have been installed on the Kilimanjaro Safari ride? As I understand there's a 'gap' between the bottom of the screen and the top of the row that aligns to give zero protection for children or short people. I saw this on a video from another site, but am hoping that an actual picture will show that it's not as bad as I'm thinking.

I don’t have a picture but this was one of the only rides that I did not feel safe because they sat us every row so we were backed up directly to people for the duration of the ride. The screen was loose and wobbly on the bottom. Just my thoughts.

I don’t have a picture but this was one of the only rides that I did not feel safe because they sat us every row so we were backed up directly to people for the duration of the ride. The screen was loose and wobbly on the bottom. Just my thoughts.
That's exactly what I'm concerned with. The pictures on the inernet make it hard to see if it's a 2 inch gap or a 5 inch, but in either case we might end up avoiding this ride... just in case.

That's exactly what I'm concerned with. The pictures on the inernet make it hard to see if it's a 2 inch gap or a 5 inch, but in either case we might end up avoiding this ride... just in case.
I wondered why they did not seat us every other row. It would have extended the wait but we only waited about 10 minutes and seating every other row would have made me feel so much better. I coughed once during the ride (just because I had a tickle), covered my mouth and had a mask on but the guy in front of us whipped around and stared at me when I coughed! I felt so badly for coughing!

Yesterday we were seated every row. I don’t recall any gap in the divider but it would depend on how the divider was attached (It’s hanging by straps). I actually have a photo but I never post (just read) so I have no idea how to attach it to this post.

We were every other row on Wednesday--rode twice, didn't really notice a gap on the bottom of ours so maybe it is better secured now.

We were every other row on Wednesday--rode twice, didn't really notice a gap on the bottom of ours so maybe it is better secured now.
It might be they fill more rows if the family is a larger group, more than 5, or if there's no one else waiting to board and they can spread people out more

Yesterday we were seated every row. I don’t recall any gap in the divider but it would depend on how the divider was attached (It’s hanging by straps). I actually have a photo but I never post (just read) so I have no idea how to attach it to this post.

Just hit reply and then click open the little picture frame at the top. Then you will be able to choose what picture you want to insert from your computer picture files and click it open to drop it into your reply.

They were not skipping a bench on Friday. I did not notice much of a gap under the screen.

We were there today - they left 1st row empty but used rest of rows. We didnt notice any gaps in the screens.

Rode today, gap is minimal, ride is covid safe imo. A row separated me and my family from others. I am more concerned about the ride path bumps and jerking around. The ride turns you and your family into bobbleheads. I wish the engineers hadn't made it such a rough ride through. Many of the bumps are built into the road. Animals and cm drivers are excellent.

The only thing I will say is that on a hot day, the screens prevent you from getting any breeze while the vehicle is moving. This made me very hot and uncomfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter