Kind of desparate to find AKV/AKL DVC availability, anything else I can do?

I agree. 7 months is MINIMUM. You won't get many properties at 7 months, but you can probably still get a few decent options. Soon after that, you seriously will be left with NO choices.

If you really want a good option, in a typical 'popular' season (and there are no un-popular seasons at Disney World), then you seriously need to plan 11 months in advance, if possible. There are enough rooms for ALL the DVC members, once per year, but the real use is not spread out evenly, and it makes it difficult to just choose a time and place, unless you book very early and beat everyone else to the punch.
There’s enough rooms for every DVC member to use three years of points over a rolling three year period, but certainly not once per year. This is spread out over seasons but also over bank/borrow.

Normally this balances out. My guess is that won’t be the case in 2020 after SWL opens in Dec, 2019.

My guess is for the entire year of 2020, members will bank and borrow into the year, creating a colossal traffic jam. The normal “DVC slow season” earlier in the year will probably have more booking pressure than typical of Fall Frenzy.

I think we’ll see new meaning to ‘buy where you want to stay’ and book right at 11 months. And I DO think 2020 will be a game of musical chairs with some members wanting to come but when the music stops, all the chairs are full. (I doubt there’ll still be music at 7 months).

That’s gonna be hard on members. It’s going to be double hard on people used to renting reservations.

Last edited:
There’s enough rooms for every DVC member to use three years of points over a rolling three year period, but certainly not once per year. This is spread out over seasons but also over bank/borrow.

Normally this balances out. My guess is that won’t be the case in 2020 after SWL opens in Dec, 2019.

My guess is for the entire year of 2020, members will bank and borrow into the year, creating a colossal traffic jam. The normal “DVC slow season” earlier in the year will probably have more booking pressure than typical of Fall Frenzy.

I think we’ll see new meaning to ‘buy where you want to stay’ and book right at 11 months. And I DO think 2020 will be a game of musical chairs with some members wanting to come but when the music stops, all the chairs are full. (I doubt there’ll still be music at 7 months).

That’s gonna be hard on members. It’s going to be double hard on people used to renting reservations.

I'm already planning for my Feb 2020 trip to see SWL and I'll be online right at the 11 month window to book at BWV.

Yeah, I'm thinking a trip to somewhere besides Disney might be in order for 2020, of course we live near Disneyland, so we will have already been to Galaxy's Edge by then. If we do Disney, we may stick with Disneyland and stay at the Grand Californian (our home resort) or if we really do want to do Disney World, we may trade reservations with someone who has a home resort at Disney World. Of course the other option would be international, although France isn't a good value on points, but Tokyo actually is, hotels there are expensive. So, that is an option as well.

I'm trying to switch from Jambo due to the pool closing, so that situation may work in your favor. I imagine I'm not the only one looking for a more pool friendly DVC for late September.

I'm already planning for my Feb 2020 trip to see SWL and I'll be online right at the 11 month window to book at BWV.

Me too.

Totally going to book VGF at 11 months for every DVC stay in 2020.

We pretty much already have to do that now, but thankfully we get one bedrooms and rarely need to fight over studios. Thankfully.:flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter