• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kiss from Shamu?

Katiebug

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

At one point in the Shamu show they pick out someone from the audience to kiss Shamu. This is all my dd and her father have been talking about.

Does anybody know how you get picked? or how to improve your chances?

And I read in an earlier post that they weren't doing the regular show b/c of the new baby. Is that still true. We will be there next week.

Thanks!

Katiebug

I believe you have to get to the show early, and ask.
They have an audience memeber get splashed for the Clyde and Seamore show, and also have an adult and little child in the dolphin show. The little child gets to pet the dolphin while the trainer takes pictures with a disposable water camera they later give you.
The dolphin show starts at 10am, it's one of the first shows of the day. Maybe you can walk to it first and ask a trainer if someone has been picked.

The baby show was still going on the last week of August.

The baby show was nice but short.

They had Katina (the mother ) and the baby, with Katina's other three somewhat grown children..

The grown children do some small tricks, and do the pose thing on the center square thing. You see a video of the birth, and another birth from the 80's. (Maybe the original Shamu?)

You can see mother and baby swimming, and they had the trainer working with them both.

Just a warning if you have small kids, you have the "How are baby whales born, mom?" questions.... Its not totally explicit, but they do show a birth.

not to spoil your fun but i when i was there last april i heard a trainer tell a family that they cannot pick anyone under 18 for any contact with the whales, for safety reasons.. so maybe your husband will get picked!!!

As for a kiss, I think it's between the glass during the regular Shamu show. Shamu kisses a woman duing the "who makes the better trainer" segment. If you are a man, try not to volunteer for it, well, unless you haven't showered that day. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter