Kissimee Airport transportation?

mb168

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if there is transportation such as a shuttle from Kissimee Airport to WDW or what a taxi ride from there would run?

I never knew the Kissimee Airport had commercial flights coming in... I used to live right next door to it.

As for what a taxi would run, I'm afraid I have no clue. It would take me anywhere from 20 mins (at 5:00am) to 45 mins (peak times) to get to Disney from my apt...

I'm a private pilot and just got a plane. One of the reasons was so we could get to WDW faster:D ! I'm sure I'm closer than most of you here in Ga anyway but from Jackson ville to Daytona is under construction as is most of I-4 from north Orlando almost to Disney. We usually go on Fridays which compounds the traffic problem. Kissimee airport is real close and would be MUCH easier than going into OIA. I would rather drive. The bonus is I live in a fly in community so not only would the trip be quicker but I can land in my backyard so to speak. Much less stress on for the trip home when I usually have to go to work the day after. I just have never seen any ads for transportation to and from Kissimee but have just recently started looking. I just figured as many people as there are here someone else would be a pilot also and has done such a thing.

I just answered your post on the DVC board. My DH is a private pilot and we fly into Kissimee all the time. They used to have a nice shuttle service they called for us, but lately we've been renting cars. They rent cars right from there, but we found them to be a bit pricey. If you choose to go that route, call the FBO directly to make the arrangements. They use Enterprise, but if you call Enterprise things seem to get mixed up. Feel free to email us and I'm sure my DH & I can answer your questions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter