Kitchen Supplies at VGF

jlsmith376

DIS Veteran
We stayed at VGF in a 1 bedroom last week for 3 nights. I was surprised to find we only had 1 dish towel, 1 package of laundry detergent, 1 package of dishwasher detergent, 1 roll of paper towels and no extra trash bags (not even an extra in the bottom of the cans). The night before we stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT for only 1 night and had many more supplies. Thinking back to our previous stays of similar duration at other resorts it seems like we always had more. I called mousekeeping and they told me that is what they provide. I did get them to bring up a few extra trash bags but nothing else. Since we weren't cooking it actually worked out fine, but I was surprised I couldn't even get another dish towel. Does this sound right?

DVC is new for the Mousekeepers at the GF. It will probably take awhile for us to train them. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

although both bell services persons mentioned that the some cast members including the two bell persons we talked to said they transferred from other resorts including the grand Floridian and other villa resorts to work at the GF villas, so its not like they were just hired off the street.

DVC is new for the Mousekeepers at the GF. It will probably take awhile for us to train them. :goodvibes

aside from the BLT of every one bedroom we stayed at in all the other dvc's we only had what you experienced, bare minimum.

We stayed at VGF in a 1 bedroom last week for 3 nights. I was surprised to find we only had 1 dish towel, 1 package of laundry detergent, 1 package of dishwasher detergent, 1 roll of paper towels and no extra trash bags (not even an extra in the bottom of the cans). The night before we stayed in a 1 bedroom at BLT for only 1 night and had many more supplies. Thinking back to our previous stays of similar duration at other resorts it seems like we always had more. I called mousekeeping and they told me that is what they provide. I did get them to bring up a few extra trash bags but nothing else. Since we weren't cooking it actually worked out fine, but I was surprised I couldn't even get another dish towel. Does this sound right?

although both bell services persons mentioned that the some cast members including the two bell persons we talked to said they transferred from other resorts including the grand Floridian and other villa resorts to work at the GF villas, so its not like they were just hired off the street.

Maybe not hired off the street but maybe not used to working in a DVC resort with different rules, policies, and room amenities. DVC rooms get different soaps and bathroom supplies. The towel count may different and they will need to learn that studios get certain things that other rooms don't.

I bet that the cleaning schedules will be messed up for some time to come.

When BLT first opened we had a heck of a time finding the ice machines and trash rooms. The Front Desk didn't know, Bell Services didn't know and they were not on the map. I ended up walking floor by floor until I found them.

Yep, I noticed the exact same thing when we were there in a 2 BR unit after our cruise earlier this week. We did get 2 packs of laundry detergent, though, so washed our cruise laundry. :laundy: We had at least 2-3 of the items you mentioned at BLT the night before the cruise and when we stayed 4 nights at OKW last month. I really loved the resort, but wasn't impressed with the housekeeping. When we entered the unit we noticed the soap was already opened and out of the wrappers and there was a bowl of soup on the floor outside our door the whole time we stayed, although we told the front desk staff about it right after we checked in. I would still stay there again in a heartbeat, but just bring extra supplies of my own if staying for a few days.

We had the bare minimum in supplies in our VGF 2 bedroom at check-in, which didn't seem unusual to us since that has always been our experience with the villas. However, when we received trash/tidy service on day 4, mouse keeping left an abundance of detergent, soap, dish liquid and paper towels. More then we could possibly use! It may just depend on which mouse keeper is covering your room.

There are usually extra trash can liners in the bottom of the can. If there weren't that was probably an oversight.

The other supplies listed are pretty normal.

The one box of laundry detergent is all they are supposed to provide for free. Additional boxes can be purchased from vending machines in the laundry room. The other items listed can be replenished at no cost with a call to housekeeping.

Occasionally you'll find more in the room. But some departing guests have a habit of absconding with anything that's not bolted down. There's no real reason to leave 4 rolls of paper towels in a villa where the average LOS is less than a week. Some people will just stuff the extras in their suitcase.

We also didnt have extra trash bags. I went to get some and they gave me one bag. I even asked about the rolls that we usually get and the housekeeper they usually leave an extra. And on trash and towel day, i got no extra bags either. So it may not be an oversight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter