Knotts Bear-Y Tales to return!!

Lumpy1106

DIS Veteran
Guys, I'm so excited about this! I'm one of those old people who remember the early days of Knotts Berry Farm. It was the quieter park next to DL - that also had ride tickets. It opened with the Corkscrew, Log Ride, Parachute Drop, Mine train, Steam Train, bumper cars, a few flat rides - and a really cool dark ride called Knotts Bear-Y Tales! It was low-key fun that was such a big part of Knotts early days, and rivaled everything in Fantasyland.

Then, for some reason, they took it out.

They replaced it with a really bad time-travel dark ride, then replaced that with an underwater steam-punk themed 4D shooter which was an improvement...but not KBT.

Now it's coming back;
KBT to return!

Without even seeing it I'm going to say Knotts got this one right. It's about time...

I don't remember it, but chances are really high that I have been on it before. It sounds awesome and I am looking forward to riding it when it comes out. I haven't been on the current ride at all. Last time I road over there it was the DInosaur ride

This is a big disappointment to me and I'm not sure who it is designed to appeal to. We've been to Knott's yearly for the last four years (visiting from Northern California) and taken a variety of friends and family with us, and Voyage to the Iron Reef is a consistent favorite for everyone (even my best friend's dark ride hating 5 year old).

I went to Knott's many times as a kid when we lived in Southern California from 1985-1990, but I think I just missed the Bear-Y Tales ride, or it was entirely unmemorable (I do recall the dinosaur ride). I don't know how much of a draw the nostalgia factor is going to be for people. Now, if they were going to bring back the Soap Box Racers, that would be something to cheer about.

This was my absolute favorite ride as a kid! I was so mad when they turned it into the dinosaur ride. My kids love the iron reef, but since it's still going to be interactive (assuming they still get to shoot things) I think they'll be fine with the change.

I loved Bear-y Tales when I was a kid and I'm looking forward to the attraction, but I have a few misgivings. From what I've read so far, it sounds like it's going to be less a dark ride with AAs and stationary figures like the original and more of a interactive shooter with a Bear-y Tales theme. I'm hoping that doesn't mean riders will just be going from screen to screen, shooting virtual boysenberry jam (I'm not kidding) with no real theming in between.

As an older person who loved the original ride, this makes me very happy. Now I have to start planning a summer trip to California.

Knott’s Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair

An all-new 4-D interactive dark ride opening Summer 2020
"A Knott's Family Reunion," will bring together old classics with new favorites, which includes the continuation of the beloved Bear-y Tales story in an all-new 4-D interactive dark ride. "Knott's Bear-y Tales: Return to the Fair" will take guests on an exciting journey through reimagined show scenes from the original dark ride, including the Boysenberry Pie Factory, Frog Forest, Fortune Teller Camp, Thunder Cave, and Weird Woods, culminating in a celebration at the County Fair. The story takes place 34 years after the original adventure and follows Boysen Bear and Girlsen Bear as they travel to the Country Fair to earn the blue ribbon prize for their famous boysenberry pies, but Crafty Coyote is back along with his mischievous pups intent on stealing all the pies for themselves. Guests will climb aboard ride vehicles equipped with jelly blasters to try and recover the stolen boysenberry pies as they travel through whimsical and beautiful environments while competing for the highest score.

I’m got the AP once I found out it included Schlitterbahn water parks in Texas. Now I just need two park visits to make it worth it. I’m trying to get a business trip scheduled there during the Boysenberry Festival, and if I can get there this summer, then the Haunt, it will be great.

I loved Bear-y Tales when I was a kid and I'm looking forward to the attraction, but I have a few misgivings. From what I've read so far, it sounds like it's going to be less a dark ride with AAs and stationary figures like the original and more of a interactive shooter with a Bear-y Tales theme. I'm hoping that doesn't mean riders will just be going from screen to screen, shooting virtual boysenberry jam (I'm not kidding) with no real theming in between.
Voyage to Iron Reef actually had a reasonable amount of theming in between the screens and considering new people are in charge now that take the idea of theming very seriously, just look at the recent changes to the rapids ride, they did an amazing job there, so I am very optimistic that this will be something awesome and very nostalgic as well.

This is a big disappointment to me and I'm not sure who it is designed to appeal to. We've been to Knott's yearly for the last four years (visiting from Northern California) and taken a variety of friends and family with us, and Voyage to the Iron Reef is a consistent favorite for everyone (even my best friend's dark ride hating 5 year old).

I went to Knott's many times as a kid when we lived in Southern California from 1985-1990, but I think I just missed the Bear-Y Tales ride, or it was entirely unmemorable (I do recall the dinosaur ride). I don't know how much of a draw the nostalgia factor is going to be for people. Now, if they were going to bring back the Soap Box Racers, that would be something to cheer about.
Honestly, I think the nostalgia factor will be very much in its favor. Although I do agree they should bring back something akin to Soap Box Racers and the old Antique Cars ride that was similar to the Autopia, but with bigger cars.

I thought the pups and the coyote were cute, but I am dog lover so I am rather pro dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!