Knotts' Berry Farm - Afternoon or morning? (only spending half a day)

Princess Jes

DIS Veteran
Hi all, my sister (@minniemumma ) and I are in the throes of planning the skeleton of our trip, and I'd love to visit another theme park as well as DLP/DCA, and Magic Mountain is just too far to be feasible, so Knott's it is!

Because we only want to dedicate half a day (of our 5 days) at DLR to Knott's, we will be buying their FOTL pass (can't think what it's called RN) so that we can get more done in less time (flying over for one of these trips from Aus, with the exchange rate the way it is, time is money, so I'm happy to eat the few $ in the scheme of things, for the pass to ensure we get the most from our days)

So, in terms of when is best, I'm thinking that it is probably best to spend the morning at one of the 2 Disney parks, then hoof it over to Knott's in the afternoon?
That means we can capitalize on the morning hours at DLR and knock out more rides while the crowds are lower, maybe snag a few FP for the evening, or WOC etc, and then use the FOTL at Knott's to its full advantage in the afternoon?

What would you do?!

If you are getting the FOTL pass, then afternoon should be fine at Knott's. It does get more crowded as the day goes on, like all theme parks. I would highly recommend, if you are having lunch at Knott's, to get the fried chicken at Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken Restaurant. It is about 1000 times better than the Plaza Inn chicken at Disneyland, a controversial opinion I'm sure. The boysenberry pie is amazing as well.

If you are getting the FOTL pass, then afternoon should be fine at Knott's. It does get more crowded as the day goes on, like all theme parks. I would highly recommend, if you are having lunch at Knott's, to get the fried chicken at Mrs. Knott's Fried Chicken Restaurant. It is about 1000 times better than the Plaza Inn chicken at Disneyland, a controversial opinion I'm sure. The boysenberry pie is amazing as well.
Thanks DDhunter!!
I'm not really a fried chicken fan to be completely honest, and had no plans on going to the Plaza ain't for it (character breakfast - yes) but I feel like it might be a crime not to try Mrs Knotts fried chicken dinner!!

Hi all, my sister (@minniemumma ) and I are in the throes of planning the skeleton of our trip, and I'd love to visit another theme park as well as DLP/DCA, and Magic Mountain is just too far to be feasible, so Knott's it is!

Because we only want to dedicate half a day (of our 5 days) at DLR to Knott's, we will be buying their FOTL pass (can't think what it's called RN) so that we can get more done in less time (flying over for one of these trips from Aus, with the exchange rate the way it is, time is money, so I'm happy to eat the few $ in the scheme of things, for the pass to ensure we get the most from our days)

So, in terms of when is best, I'm thinking that it is probably best to spend the morning at one of the 2 Disney parks, then hoof it over to Knott's in the afternoon?
That means we can capitalize on the morning hours at DLR and knock out more rides while the crowds are lower, maybe snag a few FP for the evening, or WOC etc, and then use the FOTL at Knott's to its full advantage in the afternoon?

What would you do?!
Before you go keep checking the Knott's website.
At different times of the year they have pretty good promotional discounts.
Keep checking because they do change.
Here's a link to their website. https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/promotions

Thanks so much Geemo!!
I wonder if they have an email sign up for this type of thing. *off to the Knotts website!!*
I just check it often once I have a trip booked. I've never seen an email signup.
Good Luck on there being a promotion during your visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter